g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Westminster Politics

Spark

A very close family member has just had their
Mortgage increased by over £500/month. And they are seriously struggling to keep their head above water.
And the majority of that is down to you and the imbecile Teresa May.
Do you even understand what that means.
Liz Truss? But yeah, Teresa "ganja for me not for thee" May is a cnut n all.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Mortgage increased by over £500/month. And they are seriously struggling to keep their head above water.
They succeeded bud. They gave the banks more money, without anyone really noticing. It’s by design. They won’t apologise.

My mortgage increased by £700. Or… £1900 PER MONTH if I don’t fix for another 3 years.

It’s vandalism. Rape. Arson. They are complicit, not incompetent.

TheGame

We have 2 kids and have had to balance the increase with all of the childcare costs. We had an initial mortgage we were looking at which would have been a smaller increase but it was pulled as soon as Truss and Kwasi made the budget announcement. I fecking see Truss going to the coronation and now to Taiwan and I want to tell to feck off and disappear.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
They don't care. It's irrelevant to them because they operate in an entirely different World where needing money to survive is an alien concept.
You are quite right about that.
I am sick and fed up with how this country has changed for the worst over the last 13 years and certainly not for the better. During this time people have become progressively worse off while the gap between the rich few percent and the overwhelming majority has been growing out of all proportion.
And the government shows not the slightest inte

cafecillos

"...withdraw from the convention all together..."

Not only are they pathetic bigots, but barely literate ones as well.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
They succeeded bud. They gave the banks more money, without anyone really noticing. It’s by design. They won’t apologise.

My mortgage increased by £700. Or… £1900 PER MONTH if I don’t fix for another 3 years.

It’s vandalism. Rape. Arson. They are complicit, not incompetent.
I am really sorry to hear that.
What makes no sense to me is that the BoE and government blame everything on COVID and the war in Ukraine for the cost of living crisis.
But are making most of us significantly worse off by putting up the cost of borrowing when we have almost nothing to do with those factors.
But are doing nothing at all to stop supermarkets putting their prices up, making inflation much worse.

And if you want proof of that... I was in the local supermarket and an assistant was changing the price of bread and cakes. The same bread and cakes that have been on the shelf for a day or so. The same bread and cakes that have already been baked and already transported.
Not new bread and cakes that were about to be produced.
Profiteering plain and simple.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Boo fecking hoo!

People like this already live in a bubble. If she can already afford £5k+ a year in fees then she can afford an additional 20%. The thing is she doesn't want to, because it means having to cut back on something. Anything. She has no fecking idea that there's millions of people in this country that have nothing left to cut back on. She has zero clue of what life is like for the majority of people who have already given the shirts off of their backs and then some. Her idea of poverty is not having a subscription to Amazon Prime.

I'm just assuming because, feck it, it's the same assumptions folk make about what being "poor" is.

Bert_

People like this already live in a bubble. If she can already afford £5k+ a year in fees then she can afford an additional 20%. The thing is she doesn't want to, because it means having to cut back on something. Anything. She has no fecking idea that there's millions of people in this country that have nothing left to cut back on. She has zero clue of what life is like for the majority of people who have already given the shirts off of their backs and then some. Her idea of poverty is not having a subscription to Amazon Prime.

I'm just assuming because, feck it, it's the same assumptions folk make about what being "poor" is.
She falls into the same category as that guy on Question Time a few years ago who was adimient his £80k salary was below average and no where near the top 50%, let alone the top 5%. Absolutely clueless about the real world.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Put yourself in the shoes of someone who's middle class for a change.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
It's bizarre the way that Liz and Kwasi are being drip fed back into the public consciousness; testing the waters to see how the public respond. It's like trying to slowly reintroduce a convicted paedophile gang into your babysitting circle and watching for the parents to baulk. We may be a completely amoral nation of racist, venal, self serving cnuts but even we have limits. It's the lettuce wot won it.

acnumber9

Have they tried buying cheaper brands of beans?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's bizarre the way that Liz and Kwasi are being drip fed back into the public consciousness; testing the waters to see how the public respond. It's like trying to slowly reintroduce a convicted paedophile gang into your babysitting circle and watching for the parents to baulk. We may be a completely amoral nation of racist, venal, self serving cnuts but even we have limits. It's the lettuce wot won it.
It's ok, you're allowed to call it the "Prince Andrew Strategy" if you want.

Maticmaker

Profiteering plain and simple.
The Government are allowing business to 'profiteer' in order to make up for the (apparent) losses suffered under Covid.... it is nothing really to do with Ukraine (although that doesn't help) etc. but that gives them 'extra cover' with the public, with luxury goods you can make choices, with staples like food, energy, house costs etc you can't.
TBH cannot see it getting much better if Labour got in, the 'rot has set in' and it goes deep!

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

Weird how there's always money available to help big businesses but never for poor people. That magic money tree really is special.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The Government are allowing business to 'profiteer' in order to make up for the (apparent) losses suffered under Covid.... it is nothing really to do with Ukraine (although that doesn't help) etc. but that gives them 'extra cover' with the public, with luxury goods you can make choices, with staples like food, energy, house costs etc you can't.
TBH cannot see it getting much better if Labour got in, the 'rot has set in' and it goes deep!
Agree with this.
I am a naturally positive person and tend to 'always look on the bright side of life'...
Having said that, there is not much to be positive about at the moment.
As you say, COVID and the war in Ukraine are being used as an excuse for everything. Especially by the government.

But it is blindingly obvious that the current high inflation, high interest rates and cost of living crisis is affecting the UK much more than the rest of our competitors, especially in Europe. And as we all understand, Brexit is having a major effect.
Nevertheless, these high prices are going to be with us and we will not see them back down to those before. That is for sure.

Spark

What's this?
A really shit reference to the fact that May was vehemently opposed to any notion of cannabis reform (which all front bench MPs seem to be these days), whilst her husband was/is the largest investor in medical marijuana in thE UK. To the point where I think the UK actually exports the most medical marijuana in the world, of which May is a major beneficiary.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
A really shit reference to the fact that May was vehemently opposed to any notion of cannabis reform (which all front bench MPs seem to be these days), whilst her husband was/is the largest investor in medical marijuana in thE UK. To the point where I think the UK actually exports the most medical marijuana in the world, of which May is a major beneficiary.
She's more of a bitch than I thought

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Breaking ministerial codes seem to be of fairly regular occurrences right now. Thought Sunak was going to stop the rot.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Breaching the ministerial code and/or breaking the law is a badge of honour for these cnuts.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Always love the candid snaps of the chaps in charge in their less composed moments. My favourite is the cheeky snap of Eichmann almost fumbling a zyklon b canister as he trips on a child's skull.

Right fecking lads. Hilarious meme potential.

Jericholyte2

Interesting because their go to excuse is always that they're following the 'independent' review body's recommendations.....
Absolutely!

I also love how an article about it notes the government lying about how nationally the 4.5% offer was fully funded (it wasn’t) but that some schools on an individual level wouldn’t have the cash for it!

If it’s nationally funded then EVERY school in the nation has funding for it you feckers!

This will guarantee new waves of strike action.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Absolutely!

I also love how an article about it notes the government lying about how nationally the 4.5% offer was fully funded (it wasn’t) but that some schools on an individual level wouldn’t have the cash for it!

If it’s nationally funded then EVERY school in the nation has funding for it you feckers!

This will guarantee new waves of strike action.
They have destroyed almost every single public service in this country. I genuinely can't think of a single one that isn't actively worse than it was 13 years ago.