Westminster Politics

Sweet Square

I think every bit that turnout is higher, it harms the Brexit party (which seems to have a mostly older and so more likely to turn out base)
That is the common assumption but I'm growing weary of it. The people who vote Brexit/Extremists usually feel disenchanted and unrepresented. A lot of them say they haven't voted in a long time (anecdotal, yes, but i've heard it so often now). They'll increase the turnout..
Interesting tweet(Also stats for lefties is great account.)

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Or that people like me voted Lib Dem in the Euro election but would vote labour in a by-election.
The stats there though don't necessarily indicate the Lib Dems struggling though - by all accounts they've still made some decent improvements in a seat that was absolutely dead in the water for them. What it does indicate though is that while the Brexit Party will obviously be a big threat in a GE, they won't sweep them like they did the Euros because more Labour/Tory voters will turn out.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Gove is the one to fear the most.

He’s the weakest of the lot, the one that will be more than happy to be Prime Minister for 5 months, be coerced towards a very hard or no deal Brexit, become the sacrificial lamb being absolutely destroyed by the media and public for the disaster that ensues only to then sit back with a smile and say “well it didn’t go to plan but I was still Prime Minister for 5 months wasn’t I?”

The man is monumentally stupid. It doesn’t matter what field he is working in, he still manages to be exactly the same person in the same role, failing so other people can succeed.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How long has Murdoch been angling for Gove as PM? You get the sense he controls everything.

Adisa

These people and their disastrous attempts at appearing normal.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
These people and their disastrous attempts at appearing normal.
Javid has no chance...
I don't see him appealing to the conservative membership... Sadly mainly because I can't see many of them entertaining the idea of electing a "Muslim" (even though he himself does not follow any religion)

Add into that he backed remain in the referendum plus he's never going to able to escape the fact that hes a multi milionaire interbational banker yet he tries to play on the fact he's a lad from Rochdale who likes a fag and a drink...

Out in the 2nd or 3rd round of votes is my guess

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I think Gove will have a real sniff at the leadership contest. Although his background isn’t whiter than white and he looks like a real Charlie, he’s being bankrolled in a A1 position.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I think Gove will have a real sniff at the leadership contest. Although his background isn’t whiter than white and he looks like a real Charlie, he’s being bankrolled in a A1 position.
:lol: If he was still Education Secretary, he could have given himself 100 lines.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The Conservatives are utterly shameless.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
All we need now is Boris Johnson to admit he was on acid when coming up with his promises during his campaign for the Brexit referendum.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

The British Cocaine Mitch
I think Gove is a massive twat but honestly his answer to this was very good, if you somehow ignore the fact that he lied about the same thing years ago. He admitted to doing it many times when he was a journalist. Openly admitted that it's because he didn't think he'd end up in a job where his personal life would be so heavily focused on when he got older, and how his past experiences with drugs have made him wary of them. Give Boris a chance to answer and I bet he'll lie and say he's always lived a clean life, and then when he gets caught out he'll probably do the same u turn Gove has here. However, as far as "living in a bubble" Tories go he at least has some understanding of something other than trashing other people's property or your willy in a pig's mouth to go with the rest of the shite they seem to be indoctrinated with at an early age.

Still a lying wee fecker though.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He really has a problem with women.

Adisa

Didn't he say he's probably not a feminist? He sure isn't one.

Fluctuation0161

Millions... As in at least 2 million people... From a population of around 65 million

That's 3% of people

And dire poverty... That for sure sounds like an absolute rather than a relative term to me and would relate to extreme poverty... No roof no food no income etc

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/dire

Certainly it is true that substantially under 3% of UK population could be classified in this way

Even when looking at purchasing power parity it's far under that

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_percentage_of_population_living_in_poverty

In essence he is technically correct in his statement but it's a fecking awful soundbite and rank amature to say something like that as it is incredibly dismissive of the poverty that does exist

Meh he's gone anyway as soon as there is a new pm
ONLY 2 million in poverty! Don't worry about it. Small numbers. A minority.

Fluctuation0161

Woah.... back up there.... like your telling me a politician didn't answer a question directly and actually spun an answer that chimed better with their own agenda.... like for realz... omg... mind blown

This could be a dangerous trend.... where could it end... lies painted on the sides of busses...

He (badly) span an answer.... the answer he gave was truthful in that reference frame... basically he did his job (not very well mind) but who cares as he's gone in a few weeks anyway
Your posts really are quite poor. But you don't seem to care. Carry on...

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout

Big Sunday Interview: Tory moderate and leadership hopeful Moloch admits to inhaling on a scoobie-doobie as a student, explains why he can't get enough of Nandos and why he supports free school children for meals.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Big Sunday Interview: Tory moderate and leadership hopeful Moloch admits to inhaling on a scoobie-doobie as a student, explains why he can't get enough of Nandos and why he supports free school children for meals.
:lol:

Adisa

There are a group of people in this country hell bent on turning it into America.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He says people should look around because he doesn't see any poverty in this country. If we were to live in the same Westminster bubble as him then we wouldn't know it exists either. This is the fundamental problem with the elite making all of the decisions.
You are right. People like Hammond don't understand the first thing about what is happening in this country outside Westminster.
No doubt he has a spreadsheet that he has tweeked to make sure that it tells him what he wants to hear.
He has no idea about the effects of the austerity programme on services that local councils can no longer provide.
What a wonderful human being he is...

Smores

There are a group of people in this country hell bent on turning it into America.
Really does seem that way sadly. I can't even believe we have a mainstream politician expressing such a view.

Still we had people in here defending Farrons position on homosexuality so there's always a surprise.