Westminster Politics

Abizzz

For a day? No point.
Perhaps for a day? Maybe for more? Maybe they'll have some new distraction ready for next week? Going for a drive to test eye sight worked wonders to distract from systemic failure earlier this year. They also made a political campaign out of lying about the shape of bananas but these shenanigans are supposed to beyond them? Please.
I agree completely. This is dumb luck, and stupid processes/ decision making by individuals within Whitehall. Laughable, but nothing more sinister. You're moving into conspiracy theory territory if you think otherwise.
What kind of dumb luck or stupid processing causes one statement to appear in the background of another? Seriously, did they paint brush over the old statement in black and wrote the new one over it but forgot one bit:lol:!?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Perhaps for a day? Maybe for more? Maybe they'll have some new distraction ready for next week? Going for a drive to test eye sight worked wonders to distract from systemic failure earlier this year. They also made a political campaign out of lying about the shape of bananas but these shenanigans are supposed to beyond them? Please.

What kind of dumb luck or stupid processing causes one statement to appear in the background of another? Seriously, did they paint brush over the old statement in black and wrote the new one over it but forgot one bit:lol:!?
Cummings eye test is being held up as example evidence of civil disobedience and disregard and the disintegration of adherence

These are not clever people. They are campaigners and sloganeers.

This may be a sneaky Cnuty Tory ‘Hiding’ a message in plain sight, but don’t suggest these guys have the intelligence and nous to do this as a ruse.

They’re not smart. They are shills. I work in an affluent and like minded company.. 50% of the people here are smarter than the 22 Cabinet Members.

The Uk has had 50 odd Prime Ministers. Something like half of them went to Eton. About the same percentage went to Oxford. I think all but 8-10 went to Oxbridge. I think less than 10 Universities account for all PM’s.

These are well educated people. They are not smart. They are not the best of us. They are the people with means and connections and desire.

Classical Mechanic

The UK is a no-mark non entity that’s been a falling and fading influence on global politics. We don’t matter. We can’t stop anything. We are a leading Capitalist GDP economy that won’t be top 10 inside 10 years and will slide into obscurity inside 50 years. We just voted to abandon our only point of ongoing significance.
We'll likely still be a top 10 economy by 2050 by which time I'll be 68. I can't say that the UK being the 15th largest economy in the world 20 years after I'm dead is something that I'm particularly worried about. I don't think you should worry about it either.

Abizzz

Cummings eye test is being held up as example evidence of civil disobedience and disregard and the disintegration of adherence
Yes, by you or me. But we're not relevant to someone we'd never vote for. Boris' supporters had fun laughing at and about Cummings while the NHS was stretched to it's limits. Limits previously reduced by the party Boris is now heading.
These are not clever people. They are campaigners and sloganeers.

This may be a sneaky Cnuty Tory ‘Hiding’ a message in plain sight, but don’t suggest these guys have the intelligence and nous to do this as a ruse.

They’re not smart. They are shills. I work in an affluent and like minded company.. 50% of the people here are smarter than the 22 Cabinet Members.

The Uk has had 50 odd Prime Ministers. Something like half of them went to Eton. About the same percentage went to Oxford. I think all but 8-10 went to Oxbridge. I think less than 10 Universities account for all PM’s.

These are well educated people. They are not smart. They are not the best of us. They are the people with means and connections and desire.
I agree with nearly all of this. I just don't think it needs any extraordinary intelligence to do this stuff.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Rogue employee is possible but a longshot. Most likely is that lazy-arsed designed has built the graphic template with Trump's name in and done a shite job of adapting it.
Looks like general laziness and incompetence than anything deliberate.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Grim reading

Pretends_to_be_shocked.gif

In times like these it would be great if a political leader showed solidarity with the minority groups affected in the report and put forward an action plan to tackle some of the findings. You know, apart from photo ops & kneeling when topics are trending.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I think this was the best from Starmer in a long time.
It was indeed. Especially his questions about the many millions of pounds paid to a company to deliver face masks. Something like £150 paid and zero face masks.
He was also strong on the point that the government needs to remember who's money they are throwing around. Our hard earned money not theirs.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It was indeed. Especially his questions about the many millions of pounds paid to a company to deliver face masks. Something like £150 paid and zero face masks.
He was also strong on the point that the government needs to remember who's money they are throwing around. Our hard earned money not theirs.
For sure! He targeted things that are easy for the lay person to understand and Boris didn’t have an effective answer for anything.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
For sure! He targeted things that are easy for the lay person to understand and Boris didn’t have an effective answer for anything.
And for those of us who take the time to watch/listen to PMQs, he routinely makes Boris look and sound awful and pretty much always gets the better of the PM.
But we are in the minority and the public at large don't seem to understand quite how inept a leader of an even more inept government he is.
I guess time will tell how much his and his government mishandling of the two most important subjects of our time - the pandemic and Brexit.
And even more importantly, the climate change emergency.
I still feel that time is on Starmer and Labour side.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Pretends_to_be_shocked.gif

In times like these it would be great if a political leader showed solidarity with the minority groups affected in the report and put forward an action plan to tackle some of the findings. You know, apart from photo ops & kneeling when topics are trending.
It definitely feels like some forms of racism and discrimination are more acceptable than others. It's hard not to feel bitter, especially when you consider the reaction to the anti-Semitism report just a few weeks ago.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Government forced into a second lockdown and hundreds still dying of covid =
I think Brexit will finally do it. 90% (yes, that much!) of our trade will be under WTO terms in just under 2 months' time unless the government can cobble together some sort of shite last minute deal. It's going to make the Test & Trace project look like an Industry 4.0 Swiss watch factory.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
From possible Chief of Staff to resignation.

Now plonker who penned this headline in charge:

#ToryShambles is such a weak attack. Call it what it is - #ToryCorruption.

neverdie

Classic Dom possibly off.

First Trump, then vaccine news, now this. Week of all weeks.
Cummings was always going to be sacked eventually. The longer Johnson kept him about the more inevitable it became that Johnson would be replaced by Sunak or whoever else was flavour of the month. Cummings' entire purpose as a human being is to seize control of institutional apparatuses of state and reorganise them under one centralised department. There's a reason that hasn't been done before and it's not because previous PMs didn't want more power.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Seems more than a coincidence that this is happening before we agree a last-minute (compromise) deal with the EU.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
She makes me vomit. “Understood to want to continue his role as Jesus lord and saviour”

When she says “Understood“ what she is actually saying is “Cummings told me to say”. Understood implies that she has researched, critically analysed and concluded (come to the understanding) that these are his intentions when she clearly has done nothing of the sort. She’s a client journalist for one of the most dangerous men in the country.

FireballXL5

I'm surprised Kuenssberg hasn't been named as the new Director of Communications. It's basically what she does anyway.

Abizzz

I'm surprised Kuenssberg hasn't been named as the new Director of Communications. It's basically what she does anyway.
Yeah but these people are all about faking it. She would actually be that, this way she can fake being a political analyst.

Dominic Cummings is going to cost Boris Johnson his job. Everything negative the government does is coming from him. I don't know if Boris just doesn't see it, or Cummings has something on him so bad he has to keep him.

Covid vaccine PR executive linked to Dominic Cummings’s father-in-law
Director of PR firm that was paid £670,000 to advise taskforce is business associate of Sir Humphry Wakefield

https://www.ft.com/content/6159d5b7-171c-49ed-b318-144efcc4ca2a

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
She makes me vomit. “Understood to want to continue his role as Jesus lord and saviour”

When she says “Understood“ what she is actually saying is “Cummings told me to say”. Understood implies that she has researched, critically analysed and concluded (come to the understanding) that these are his intentions when she clearly has done nothing of the sort. She’s a client journalist for one of the most dangerous men in the country.
'Understood' often just means 'our direct rival has reported that...' or it's an unsubstantiated rumour.