Westminster Politics

Satire takes another blow:

More of this, let's get it back in the public eye.

Because you need to check bags to know a parties going on.

Funnily enough, you do check bags to prevent terrorist attacks though.

"Parliament is ‘not the appropriate place to be raising’ Boris Johnson’s comments about Muslims, Speaker says"
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-muslim-islamophobia-pmqs-b2021415.html

We have the most gutless speaker.

There were two times today when the speaker cut off questions. In both instances it seemed bizarre and partisan, and attempting to shield Boris.

Watching PMQs today and some of the questions around the Russia report, Russian investment/donors to the Conservatives etc, election interference.... it paints a grim picture. Hopefully when the next non-conservative government gets into office there will be a serious investigation into govt. corruption in general.

It isn't just a British problem, though

Of course not, but the 'Mother of Parliaments' leads the way.

We know, that in almost in any country around the world (including those claiming to be a democracy) the 'ruling class' and/or their hangers on, get away with the "Don't do as I do, do as I say" Mantra, it is what keeps them 'in-situ' in these so called 'democracies', because if you don't like them you can vote them out at GE's... in theory at least! The trouble is the next lot is just as prone to the same Mantra, maybe they are at the opposite end of the political spectrum, but its still "Don't do what I do do what I say" (.e.g Labour Politicians who deride private/fee paying schools, but send their own children anyway).

At least in a country with a Strong man/Dictator figure, who retains power through the use of force, you know what to expect; what upsets people in what they believe is a democracy, is when that mantra is clearly seen to be in use, (as recently in 'partygate') because they don't think it should be, it annoys their sensibilities, because they believe they live in (for the most part) a liberal democracy.

However in a democracy, or any other system of government, those in power will always follow the "Don't do as I do, do as I say" mantra' and for the most part they get away with it, even against a background of a pandemic.
Even a constitution that was written down wouldn't solve this problem, but it would make it a dam sight more difficult to get away with it.

Watching PMQs today and some of the questions around the Russia report, Russian investment/donors to the Conservatives etc, election interference.... it paints a grim picture. Hopefully when the next non-conservative government gets into office there will be a serious investigation into govt. corruption in general.

Paints? I mean it's clear as day on the Brexit referendum with regards their interference. A Russian goal to bring Britain out of the EU and making the EU/Nato position destabilised and weaker. The official and unofficial campaign had links back to Russian funding. The unofficial one, supported by Arron Banks, probably has more written about it than the official links.

A good read on their influence is here.

There were two times today when the speaker cut off questions. In both instances it seemed bizarre and partisan, and attempting to shield Boris.

The Tories have probably claimed the speaker needs to protect them from such questions as part of "national security".

I suspect a speaker with a backbone like Bercow would not have fallen for it.

Cummings is a very confusing individual :lol:

Cummings worked in Russia in the 90s. A charitable interpretation is that he understood Russia from way back. A less charitable interpretation is that he co-opted Russian interests to drive his Brexit campaign over the line.

In the current scheme of things, for the majority of the public, this is a sideshow.

And I can not help thinking that the Ukraine crisis is a blessing from heaven for Boris. Nobody is talking about Partygate. And yet again, Starmer and Labour progress is being sidelined by world events.

Don’t know if anyone’s listened to this week’s Full Disclosure podcast/interview with Keir Starmer.

I think it’s an amazing hour and you see a great deal of personality that’s been missing from him, plus a great sense of why he actually wants to be PM.

Don’t know if anyone’s listened to this week’s Full Disclosure podcast/interview with Keir Starmer.

I think it’s an amazing hour and you see a great deal of personality that’s been missing from him, plus a great sense of why he actually wants to be PM.
Listened to it earlier, nice to hear some personality from him.

bf849cd668dce096633278a244a30408443d9f87.jpeg

It’s been kind of funny watching the whole Boris clown show unfold. A talentless buffoon surrounding himself by a cabal of arse-licking toadies, without a brain cell between them. It had a fair bit of comedy value.

Until it began to risk nuclear annihilation.

Make it stop now. Please.

Yours sincerely. The rest of the world.

I'm not familiar with UK politics or whats going on with this photo, but is she trying to get in on the positive reaction Ukraine PM has had in this war, and the pictures of him wearing flak jackets?

Cause if so that is pathetic

She has been posting herself in ‘action shots’ nearly every day now. Clearly thinking she is looking like a leader but she is a pratt.

We are a disgrace for electing these cnuts. This government has to be shamed into doing anything good.