Westminster Politics

F-Red

Is that definite? I'd read somewhere they're hoping to get at least one off by then and think they can. I guess the number of boats coming over is going to increase massively as summer gets going, so they want to avoid that backdrop.

EDIT:
Pretty much definite. He was on Radio 4 this morning and said they will go if he's re-elected on the 4th of July.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
So, do we think Sunak has any chance of winning? I think united beating city in the FA Cup final has higher odds :lol:

Kaos

So, do we think Sunak has any chance of winning? I think united beating city in the FA Cup final has higher odds :lol:
Best he can hope for is a hung parliament. Though even if he manages to fluke that outcome, he'd have trouble convincing other parties to join up in coalition. The Lib Dems for one need no reminding as to how catastrophic it was for them the last time they got into bed with the Tories.

Kaos

So Sunak's amazing pitch is don't vote Labour because they will not implement my plans?

Rwanda flights can't leave before 4 July, therefore it is Starmer's fault that they will probably never leave.
Conveniently cements the inevitable Tory electoral slogal of 'Lets get Rwanda done'.

Eplel

Our tactics will deffo be similar. Be negative, wait for the opponents to make a mistake,very to steal the result, probably won't bother to correct past mistakes.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Michael Gove announcing that he is standing down at the next election in July.

Eplel

Michael Gove announcing that he is standing down at the next election in July.

Quite possibly the only high level tory capable of pragmatic thinking and not clouded by ideology. This will hurt them a lot.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Quite possibly the only high level tory capable of pragmatic thinking and not clouded by ideology. This will hurt them a lot.
Yes. I have to say that he was reasonably sensible for a Tory. That must be why he is standing down.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Widely regarded as the most competent MP on their roster. As evidenced by him standing down. He knows the game. He’s an unflushable turd. One flush you’re annoyed. Two flushes pissed off. By the fifth flush you see a delayed creep back around the u-bend into the bowl and you’re kind of impressed.

Flying high

Lib Dems will win more seats. They’re toast.
I thought this. But I had radio 5 on all day yesterday while working. It was like a tory publicity channel, with occasional Reform interludes.

I'm exaggerating a bit of course, but given their lack of popularity right now I don't see why they should still dominate the airwaves. Galloway has not had a single mention, that I've heard, in the last 2 days. And of course, they won't play audio of Corbyn, they prefer to tell us what he said. A trick they used constantly when he was labour leader. Yet Tice, Starmer and Sunak get their little soundbites repeated throughout the day.

If that's how the beeb are going to treat this election, it might not go as well as many of us hope.

cafecillos

You couldn't make it up. Every time he appears in public he seems to make some kind of memeable cock up.
He's not going to actually answer a single question during this campaign, is he? His delivery of the memorised lines and facts is so wooden too, he's bad at even that.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Rishi Sunak is not a serious politician. The Conservative party are also not a serious party at present, and haven’t been for a long while.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Also the reason we had it last time was because of a military need to "police the Empire".

This led to torture and killings in Kenya, Malaya, Palestine and elsewhere. Not a huge success.

How does training a generation to use lethal weapons match up with the Tory fear of youngsters?

Where are these 18 year olds going to go?

I guess universities are also fecked.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Giving children the vote vs national fecking service. We are through the looking glass lads.