Westminster Politics

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Surprised he isn’t dragging it out over the summer to hand out a few more contracts.

Dobba

I fully expect Sunak to say things like "food PRICES are returning to normal" rather than price rises, political commentators surprisingly not correcting him, people falling for it, Sweet Square suddenly becoming active when Starmer eats a bacon sandwich in a weird way, and it all ending up in a hung parliament.

Oh, and Twitter skulduggery up to the maximum. Fake videos, fake polls. The works.
It's either that or pointing out that he thinks Israel has the right to starve the population of Gaza. One of the two for sure.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Alright, time for another complete run through of The Thick of It in preparation.

"There'll be nothing else on television for weeks".
Absolutely amazing.

"All right now, listen up, my children of a lesser God, you will find a file marked 'snap election drill' on the J Drive, and if you don't know how to access the J Drive, hand in your pass at receptions and go buy some silver body paint and pretend to be a robot on the south bank..."

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Slightly delayed as the straps on his booster seat have twisted
he’s become too nervous and can’t revert out of his lizard form. they’re trying to calm him down with stories of a single mother who’s had her child support cut.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
he’s become too nervous and can’t revert out of his lizard form. they’re trying to calm him down with stories of a single mother who’s had her child support cut.
Good God, man. We want to calm him down not make him ejaculate.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

I hope they are absolutely annihilated.
The end of the Tory party, the crusty 1922 committee of white, old, noncey, tax dodging racists getting obliterated, left to their own devices to expire over rapid onset gout and court cases for SA.

The cronyism, the back handers, the using the nation as an ATM, the mental culture wars, the lack of ideas, the lack of imagination.

Hoping they all end up utterly destitute and out of work.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
he might just be coming out to rule himself out of the chelsea job.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

He's on a conference call with Sam Altman, discussing how he can replace all GP's with Chat GPT robots before he leaves office.

I truly was asking in good faith. That involves openness.

I truly don’t give a damn which Prime Minister or Party did what. Both barrels at all of them. I’m not backing Labour on this.

But there’s no social utility in private landlords. Your numbers speak to that. 6 million homes being purchased for people that have more, by people with less.

Who did it and why simply doesn’t matter. My good faith question was ‘What purpose/role do private landlords provide for society as a whole’. Your response was to justify it by claiming it as a replacement income stream for wealthy people who could pay one mortgage, and get another mortgage to allow a renter to buy it for them.

It’s another area where it gets easily muddled. You DO need a non zero amount of private landlords as people move regions, countries, suburbs routinely. Students find homes after university and don’t want to buy. You obviously need a rental market that’s not under social control.

But the moment that passes the tipping point and you’ve got millions of people unable to buy a house identical to the one they’re renting for £1000 a month, while the mortgage would cost them £800 is evidence of the stupidity of it all.

The transfer of wealth is baked in. Destroys generations. The number of necessary privately rented properties is tiny. That it’s now where it is, and instead of the market bubble bursting, we just add on an Airbnb middle man and offer short term lets with no ID verification and and and. Layers of costs added. It’s utterly depressing.

Very cross at the insanity of it all. Not you. So apologies if I sound confrontational.
I'm not justifying it. I'm explaining why they are needed in a world where the government hasn't built the required social housing and where retirement incomes are woefully insufficient due to previous government policy. Whether you like it or not they serve a need in 2024 UK and all squeezing them is doing and will ever do is make it more expensive and more difficult for the tenants.

Dobba

I'm not justifying it. I'm explaining why they are needed in a world where the government hasn't built the required social housing and where retirement incomes are woefully insufficient due to previous government policy. Whether you like it or not they serve a need in 2024 UK and all squeezing them is doing and will ever do is make it more expensive and more difficult for the tenants.
No they don't, they serve themselves.

DanH

Things can only get better playing in the background.

His hair is holding up well in the rain though.