Westminster Politics

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
The generation before me did national service so I learned a lot about it 'from the horse's mouth' as it were. They learned sciving, stealing, lying, whoring and every way you could think of to confound authority, in other words quite the opposite of what is generally said regarding discipline and responsibility. It was a time when few went away to university and home life was stricter than now, so national service was in a way time to spread your wings and be independent, and thus fondly remembered by many. Unless you were one of the unlucky few to end up actually fighting in Malaya or somewhere, for them it was very different.

Jam

Starmer: I want 16 and 17 year olds to be able to vote

Sunak: Yeah? Well I think they should uh…. do national service instead

This is the election that keeps on giving. Honestly days in and I almost believe that theory that because the Tories had rumblings of removing Sunak and installing someone else he’s just said feck it I’ll burn the entire thing to the ground and then feck off to America.

WPMUFC

So basically you loved NS if you were lucky enough to get treated like a gap-year holiday student going on tour; or you were treated like shit, did the most useless banal shit that achieved nothing, hindered the ability of you and your family to progress in life.

Typical Conservative policy then.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Thought I'd dreamt reading about that last night but nope, there's a full article about national fecking service. He's an absolute idiot.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Thought I'd dreamt reading about that last night but nope, there's a full article about national fecking service. He's an absolute idiot.
national service will soon beat that attitude out of you.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
If there are so few full time soldiers, sailors and airmen that they have to bring back national service, who is going to be able to train all the thousands of young people who will be conscripted.

And where did this £2.5bn magically come from.

So why stop there. Why not:
Bring back the cane in school.
Send poor people to Workhouses.
Ban homosexuals.
Or even better, chemical castration.
Lets turn Britain back to the 1950s.
Or even better, the Victorian times.
Vote for Sunak and make Britain great again....

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Really an open goal for starmer too, to those who say he's a Tory in disguise rightly or wrongly.

On one hand you have one party wanting to lower the voting age, on the other you have one wanting to reintroduce national service.

Slam dunk.

Munkehboi

If they don't do national service then they have to volunteer once a month. That's around 750000 of our population. Who's going to flip my burgers on a Saturday afternoon after a game at MaccyDs then?

Are we going to see less University applicants? Are we going to see more teenage pregnancies to get out of it? Has the magic money tree regrown?

Abizzz

We're one week away from them suggesting to get rid of the commons and solely rely on the lords.

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
If they don't do national service then they have to volunteer once a month. That's around 750000 of our population. Who's going to flip my burgers on a Saturday afternoon after a game at MaccyDs then?

Are we going to see less University applicants? Are we going to see more teenage pregnancies to get out of it? Has the magic money tree regrown?
Burgers reduce teenage pregnancies? I'm so out of date, what do they do with them?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Farages response to being asked about the idea of national service.. not sure why Sky are giving this toad a platform.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

We’re not going to see any of it as thankfully these asshats will be booted out of office in 6 weeks.

LARulz

Farages response to being asked about the idea of national service.. not sure why Sky are giving this toad a platform.

Unfortunately he has the biggest News show during his slot, chairman of the idiot party that will sadly have a big influence on Conservative policy and wider discussions. Also it's comical this clown is not putting his money where his mouth is by standing to be an MP, because he'd rather focus on Trump getting to be President again

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Came in here to check, thought this was a fake account. What am I reading

cafecillos

Just a desperate and pathetic attempt at pandering to the old and the gammon. Not a fan of Starmer, far from it, don't even wish him a speedy recovery, but I'd love nothing more than for Rishi and the whole Tory party to get utterly obliterated and humiliated in the next election.