Westminster Politics

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
More dog whistling. In basic English it means dodgy "immigrants" like me, who've been here for nearly 50 years, are a bit thick because of our brainwashing "exotic religion" so can be easily swayed.

As you know I'm not an intelligent poster like many on here, but I call out the spade for what it is so casual readers on this thread are in zero doubt. Thanks for the chance.
As opposed to the constant dog whistling to the rural white population of the country from the Tories? (And Reeves and Starmer)

He may be the one that makes your flesh crawl but he's in no way the most dangerous politician in the country, not even close.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Galloway is the most dangerous MP in the Commons. Mainly because he’s capable of taking the mood of the people correctly and exploiting it. The Tories (as they currently are) are inept. He’s not, so Galloway needs to get gone.

If I saw the fella fall down a flight of stairs that saw him bleeding out, I’d do no more than get his phone out of his pocket and hand it to him, then walk off. He’s an apex charlatan who contributes nothing to another if it doesn’t benefit himself.
Agree with all of that.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
So, an independent MP, with no party structure and no way to enact any policy and with no possibility of even influencing policy is "the most dangerous MP in the commons"? This is, objectively, wrong.
He's "apex" nothing.

Also, what do you mean by "taking the mood of the people and exploiting it"? He's pretty politically consistent, the moustachioed, hat wearing pompous twat that he is.
The reason I called him dangerous is not because of his consistent rhetoric about Palestine.
It was because he is good at identifying any particular issue and getting a certain type of people to follow his lead by virtue of his clever use of words.
The more gullible people.

We can clearly see the damage Boris Johnson has done to the country through his lies about Brexit.

Galloway will promise the people of Rochdale lots of things but won't be able to deliver much at all.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
As opposed to the constant dog whistling to the rural white population of the country from the Tories? (And Reeves and Starmer)

He may be the one that makes your flesh crawl but he's in no way the most dangerous politician in the country, not even close.
I don't understand the significance of.... the rural white population.

Sweet Square

With a parliamentary system especially one so dominated by two parties the idea of one dangerous MP doesn’t make any sense.

TwoSheds

I don't understand the significance of.... the rural white population.
In my experience rural areas and small towns are far more racist and/or scared of immigration than cities. Most likely because there aren't many immigrants there compared to the cities.

TwoSheds

With a parliamentary system especially one so dominated by two parties the idea of one dangerous MP doesn’t make any sense.
Boris was a very dangerous MP. But moreso once he'd wormed his way to the top.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
In my experience rural areas and small towns are far more racist and/or scared of immigration than cities. Most likely because there aren't many immigrants there compared to the cities.
Ok. But I would be a bit careful over generalisations. Especially the colour of people skins.

Fingeredmouse

The reason I called him dangerous is not because of his consistent rhetoric about Palestine.
It was because he is good at identifying any particular issue and getting a certain type of people to follow his lead by virtue of his clever use of words.
The more gullible people.

We can clearly see the damage Boris Johnson has done to the country through his lies about Brexit.

Galloway will promise the people of Rochdale lots of things but won't be able to deliver much at all.
I was replying to @unrelatedPseudo 's hyperbolic statement that Galloway is "the most dangerous MP in Comms" and pointing out that it is a patently incorrect.

Irrespective of whether you may think that the preening self styled intellectual shagger is, or isn't, an opportunist who uses incendiary rhetoric, he is powerless in the two party House of Commons and he is, in no way, capable of being the most dangerous MP.

Your comparison to Johnson demonstrates this point practically. Whether you believe Galloway to be a liar, using rhetoric and stylised charisma in a similar manner to Johnson to influence or not, he is clearly incapable of actually having the political influence that Johnson had to actually alter reality.

Therefore, he is less dangerous than the many lying manipulators with actual power in the Commons, notably the current Tory party Government and, to a lesser extent, chunks of Labour.

Last edited:

TwoSheds

Ok. But I would be a bit careful over generalisations. Especially the colour of people skins.
When talking about race? That's literally how it works :lol:

It's a made up construct by which people can discriminate against each other on the basis of culture and appearance. And white people in small towns in the south of England are the most numerous group to do it in the UK in my experience. It's not to say nobody else does it, just that the most numerous groups are the ones the politicians target most.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout

It's a made up construct by which people can discriminate against each other on the basis of culture and appearance. And white people in small towns in the south of England are the most numerous group to do it in the UK in my experience. It's not to say nobody else does it, just that the most numerous groups are the ones the politicians target most.
Except in this instance it is you doing the targeting. 'Talking about race' is what racists do.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I was replying to @unrelatedPseudo 's hyperbolic statement that Galloway is "the most dangerous MP in Comms" and pointing out that it is a patently incorrect.

Irrespective of whether you may think that the preening self styled intellectual shagger is, or isn't, an opportunist who uses incendiary rhetoric, he is powerless in the two party House of Commons and he is, in no way, capable of being the most dangerous MP.

Your comparison to Johnson demonstrates this point practically. Whether you believe Galloway to be a liar, using rhetoric and stylised charisma in a similar manner to Johnson to influence or not, he is clearly incapable of actually having the political influence that Johnson had to actually alter reality.

Therefore, he is less dangerous than the many lying manipulators with actual power in the Commons, notably the current Tory party Government and, to a lesser extent, chunks of Labour.
This is very fair reasoning.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Understood.

TwoSheds

Except in this instance it is you doing the targeting. 'Talking about race' is what racists do.
:lol: it's also what equality campaigners do. And probably pretty much every other human at some point.

TwoSheds

Has a PM ever been this weak? If Sunak has any balls, he would call for an election immediately.
Cameron? May? Truss? He's just inherited the shittiest end of all their shitty sticks, and after Boris had taken a massive dump on the whole log pile too. Also wouldn't he need the party to vote with him to call an election thanks to Cameron?

Personally I really hope they put Mordaunt in. If she were to take the beating that really would taint their last vaguely presentable contender and hopefully kill them off for years.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Cameron? May? Truss? He's just inherited the shittiest end of all their shitty sticks, and after Boris had taken a massive dump on the whole log pile too. Also wouldn't he need the party to vote with him to call an election thanks to Cameron?

Personally I really hope they put Mordaunt in. If she were to take the beating that really would taint their last vaguely presentable contender and hopefully kill them off for years.
If he calls for one, there no way he doesn’t win the vote.

Maticmaker

Muslim, not Moslem
OK...sorry, no offence.
I misread Oxford dictionary definition: Moslem (Noun)- "a follower of the religion of Islam",

NB. As others posters on here will tell you, I am not well upon grammar ;)

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

He’ll have more of a sway over a large swathe of the electorate than any Tory in the next election. He’s actually good at working the culture war to his own benefit. The entire Tory party is just loud.

Irrelevant when outside the tent pissing in. But the feral little fecker is in the building now. He’ll find a little cohort of cnuts and poison the well in a meaningful manner. He’ll be toxic and loud. The Tories are traders in homeopathy by comparison.

Yeah there’s a layer of hyperbole there, it’s punched up. But I truly believe he can do more damage at election time than any of the Tories. They’re all dead. Toast.

Fingeredmouse

He’ll have more of a sway over a large swathe of the electorate than any Tory in the next election. He’s actually good at working the culture war to his own benefit. The entire Tory party is just loud.

Irrelevant when outside the tent pissing in. But the feral little fecker is in the building now. He’ll find a little cohort of cnuts and poison the well in a meaningful manner. He’ll be toxic and loud. The Tories are traders in homeopathy by comparison.

Yeah there’s a layer of hyperbole there, it’s punched up. But I truly believe he can do more damage at election time than any of the Tories. They’re all dead. Toast.
Are you actually suggesting that the rhetoric of the Tory party is less dangerous and influential than the largely derided and marginal "Gorgeous" George? How will he do this damage at election time that'll be greater than a party openly waging a culture war who'll get, worse case scenario, 25% of the vote, have large swathes of the media on their side, are backed by the majority of the most powerful people in the country and will literally be the sitting Government? This is just silly.

decorativeed

This tallies up with my experience when moving from a big city in the UK to a small one surrounded by rural areas with a 96% white/1% muslim demographic.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
England win the Euros

growth in the economy rises to 2%+

inflation falls to below 2%

energy prices halve

lot of potential wins to mop up if he waits
Channel crossings increase

New physical checks on imported goods from the end of April

Right wing rebellion assembles behind 1 candidate and the rebellion is big enough to oust him

More people's fixed term mortgages ending and higher repayments

Lot of potential problems, difference is most of these will definitely happen, whereas his potential wins are very likely to not happen.

Wilt

Every time I think they hit rock bottom, they seem to find a new low. Been that way since the Owen Patterson scandal.
Indeed ….Pandemic, war in Ukraine, Palestine, mass inflation ….a bottomless pit of shite.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
England win the Euros

growth in the economy rises to 2%+

inflation falls to below 2%

energy prices halve

lot of potential wins to mop up if he waits
Yes ok.
But each and every day he waits is another opportunity for yet more bad news. Like the current racist Tory donor.
And Sunak has handled this terribly by being so slow to react as well as refusing to hand the toxic donations back.

In some respects a lot of people have already made up their mind, especially about Sunak. As have 62 of the Tory MPs who have decided to not stand again.

As the saying goes....many a slip between cup and lip.

Flying high

Yes ok.
But each and every day he waits is another opportunity for yet more bad news. Like the current racist Tory donor.
And Sunak has handled this terribly by being so slow to react as well as refusing to hand the toxic donations back.

In some respects a lot of people have already made up their mind, especially about Sunak. As have 62 of the Tory MPs who have decided to not stand again.

As the saying goes....many a slip between cup and lip.
What's left that could cost the tories 5+ points though?

A big slip costing labour 10+ points seems more likely to me, given how the press is skewed. They'd jump on anything.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

I honestly don't know what to say about this.

Galloway is a monumental twat but I honestly can't see any way in which he can be described as the most dangerous mp, in a time when we have a party and it's hundreds of mps who have destroyed public services in this country, removed us from the EU, inflamed tensions between communities and are openly leaning into the culture war. The mps who crashed the economy as pm and Chancellor are still there, as is the mp who spouted bile constantly about migrants and pro Palestine marches. The mp who called the mayor of London in thrall to islamists. The PM and MP who stokes culture war nonsense about trans rights. I could go on.

The only way this comment even slightly makes sense is if there's a suggestion that the Muslim community in this country is essentially a bubbling 5th column, ready to be whipped up into a frenzy by Galloway over Gaza.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
As an aside, going back to the hester comments, it always pisses me off when people hide behind their own ethnic minority status as a reason they can't be racist. Which obviously is such a fascetious point.

Some of the most obvious anti black racism I've noticed within this country for instance has come from south Asians and Arabs. One colleague from an Indian background told me, without any hint of worry, that he'd be happy for his daughter to marry anyone, as long as they weren't Muslim or black. Braverman is dripping with derision for Muslims. I've heard Arabs make very casually racist comments around my much lighter skinned kids, not knowing their background. etc etc.

It's such an easy shield. And a ridiculous one. Pisses me off.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I honestly don't know what to say about this.

The only way this comment even slightly makes sense is if there's a suggestion that the Muslim community in this country is essentially a bubbling 5th column, ready to be whipped up into a frenzy by Galloway over Gaza.
This bit. Given enough runway, He’ll create a culture war in that space that actually divides people. He’s a cnut. But he’s a fairly effective one in the right (wrong) weather.