What do you hate about this World Cup ?

bpet15

Tow? TOW?! Bro, don't you mean TWO! What a idiot!!! :lol::lol:
Are you seriously going to go as far as calling someone an idiot for a misplaced letter?

I think you need a question mark after two and it is "an idiot" not "a idiot."

What a complete douche rock!

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Are you seriously going to go as far as calling someone an idiot for a misplaced letter?

I think you need a question mark after two and it is "an idiot" not "a idiot."

What a complete douche rock!
Misplaced?! The only thing misplaced around here is you're brain, moron! Can't even spell a three word letter corectly and you think you can go around calling people a idiot?

bpet15

Misplaced?! The only thing misplaced around here is you're brain, moron! Can't even spell a three word letter corectly and you think you can go around calling people a idiot?

Again, it's "an idiot" and correctly is spelled with two R's.
Also, I'm not quite sure what a "three word letter" is, but I'm sure you will enlighten all of us.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Again, it's "an idiot" and correctly is spelled with two R's.
Also, I'm not quite sure what a "three word letter" is, but I'm sure you will enlighten all of us.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
It's more then a TOW word letter thats for certian now go away fool I'm sick of destroying you on grammer

egginsoup

I hate the stupid folding of the arms pose the players do when the line-ups are being read out.

I also hate Greece but they're gone now thank feck.

Gorefest

Chiles is a basketcase, with his Van Huntelaar. ITV in general is pretty poor anyway, but I couldn't believe that you had a table with Hoddle, O'Neill and Cannavaro, and none of them even corrected Adrian on it. They probably all thought he was making a daft joke, and hell, he might even have. That's how bad it is with these commentators, you don't even know if they are fooling around or actually that daft (although with Chiles one can guess). I did rate Martin O'Neill as a coach, but after the amount of nonsense he has been spouting over the past weeks I seriously wonder how he has ever managed to successfully coach a PL squad.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
People who usually have no interest in football suddenly becoming very chatty on the game and pretending to be experts on the subject by making bleeding obvious statements or by having stupid opinions.

"So, that Messi is some player huh?"

Hit It

I hate this Brazil team and the way they play football. The fact they cant string together a few passes and keep the ball is embarrassing from a nation who was once the masters at it. Yes there is alot of pressure on them but they are professionals and these players have had long enough to deal with that. The only plus side is their fans, they have been magnificent.

oriole

I wonder about the eye-candy shots, does the cameraman have a spotter like a sniper does? :p

Dream job! :drool:

RustyS

You're really scraping the barrel here. It's been a fantastic tournament. I'm not old enough to remember many world cups but it's been the best one from the all the WCs I can remember (94 onwards).

Moriarty

Too many crowd shots that stay on the subject to await their reaction to seeing themselves on the big screen. It's only a matter of time until a goal is missed because the camera is zooming in on someone's face in the crowd. Oh, and Ian Darke and fecking Mcmanamanaman. Pair of cnuts.

RedFish

Because you're stupid if you believe the only money Brazil make from this world cup are the winnings they make from where they finish.

True, it may be that they lose on net, but hosting a world cup provides a host of benefits, both economical and non-economical. These gains are often long term and extremely hard to quantify.

Well, that's reassuring. When the neediest can't get the health care they need, at least there may be that feel good factor that the World Cup brings. Silly me.

AllezLesDiables

Alexi Lalas and Taylor Twellman. Lalas is tolerable in small doses, but Twellman is an abhorrent little twat.

For the talk about understanding the subtleties and nuances a lot is being lost in the ESPN broadcast.

The other thing that is making me mental is the whole surviving the group of death is greatest soccer achievement evar mentality.

As an a Belgian American it is a great achievement and I'm proud of the US for their moxy but I'm a little frustrated with the dismissive attitude towards Belgium.

Yes the U.S. Can beat Belgium but it's not as simple as just showing up and wanting it more. There are a lot of nuances involved and the U.S. Could play their best game and still lose.

What's even worse is that the ESPN broadcast only assess the game from what the U.S. Is going to do and not what both teams will do.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
First, apologies if there is a similar thread, please close this if need be.

Now, I am enjoying this world cup more than the previous one and granted it has been a high scoring tournament so far with some brilliant matches and goals. But there have also been some things that are starting to get on my nerves:

1) The obsession of marketing people to make USA like football more

It is annoying to hear american commentators narrate the game and I hate the overall vibe of the cable TV networks and awful coverage where they spend millions of dollars on trying to get more americans to play, watch, enjoy the game.

No one gives a shit. If and when USA wins the world cup, I hope it has a reverse effect of people abandoning the game.

2) The eye-candy shot while the ball is in play

Cameramen, yes I know you have been instructed to capture the hot chick with a nice rack and face into your lens but for ffs, don't switch the live shot to that chick while the ball is in play. It is annoying when the producer realizes the match has continued and he switches the live shot midplay.

3) The slow motion epidemic

The over use of slow motion shots is just bordering on being illegal. We don't need to see every reaction or action in slow motion. It devalues the epic'ness of slow motion when an actual amazing moment happens.

This has been going on for a few years and has to stop.

4) Over analysis of the stats

I blame America for this. Football is a simple game and I have noticed that the amount and types of stats presented today are unnecessary and make for some shitty punditry and news.
tl;dr = I like to moan about a pretty decent world cup.

oriole

Both of them...

To the op, sorry for the reaction, you're richt in more than one point but you have be compasionate with me. Too much menstruating at work already... :(

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
FIFA and their scheduling of games in preposterous climate conditions:

- Any games in Manaus, ridiculous.
- Netherlands vs Mexico in Fortaleza at 1pm in 104F temperatures. Ruined a spectacle.
- F***ing water breaks. Changes the whole principle of the game. What is this? Basketball?
- ESPN using water breaks to show commercials.

Otherwise, a brilliant tournament.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Well, that's reassuring. When the neediest can't get the health care they need, at least there may be that feel good factor that the World Cup brings. Silly me.
What about revenue from tourism? What about exposure to all of these issues? What about the inspiration to young people who might otherwise end up in the drug wars and never make it out of the slums?

If the World Cup wasn't in Brazil, would you have even mention anything at all about the injustice in that country? Would it even have crossed your mind?

The be all and end all is not about the financial gain or loss. There is much more at stake when hosting an event like this. I accept your argument that it's costing a fortune that could otherwise have been spent elsewhere, but your inability to comprehend anything other than the most basic analysis and what you have read in newspapers is why your argument is flawed.

RedFish

What about revenue from tourism? What about exposure to all of these issues? What about the inspiration to young people who might otherwise end up in the drug wars and never make it out of the slums?

If the World Cup wasn't in Brazil, would you have even mention anything at all about the injustice in that country? Would it even have crossed your mind?

The be all and end all is not about the financial gain or loss. There is much more at stake when hosting an event like this. I accept your argument that it's costing a fortune that could otherwise have been spent elsewhere, but your inability to comprehend anything other than the most basic analysis and what you have read in newspapers is why your argument is flawed.
You say that I cannot understand anything other than the most basic analysis yet you do not provide any reasonable counter argument. Where is the evidence that shows what has been said in the articles I have mentioned isn't true or isn't significant?

I am not for one second saying that the World Cup shouldn't be in Brazil. I am saying that is most unfortunate and despicable that FIFA can go to Brazil and rape the country dry and then piss off, leaving behind a thank you envelope with 35 million dollars inside after lining their pockets with 4.5 BILLION dollars. This after asking Brazil to fork out FOURTEEN BILLION on hosting the tournament. With the massive rich-poor divide in Brazil and the abject poverty present, that is taking the fxxking piss. Look at the polls of the people who live there. How, for the love of God, is that ok??

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United

These boots are what I hate most about this World Cup. I've learned to deal with all types of outrageous boots, but this is just taking the piss imo.

HabeasC

I think we can all agree that the worst thing about this world cup is that ITV are showing a lot of the games. I honestly think the fecking Disney channel would do a better job. I'd rather Mickey mouse present the show with his incomprehensible squeaking than the oaf that is Adrian Chiles.

Phil Duck

The fact that the French and the Germans are still on for it, I want them gone as soons as possible.