Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

The poll has been redundant since Christmas and the reopening was even more redundant.

He's gonna get next season now regardless, whenever the next season actually happens. Corona has seen to that.

So assuming next season starts as usual time wise (huge assumption) and the transfer window operates as normal it's going to be his one-shot season to prove he actually has the capacity to improve rapidly.

Ventura

I still say sack despite our form. We need a coach that's gonna be more demanding on the players. Somehow I feel like our players aren't at peak fitness and for me that's unforgivable.

Well, if you "somehow feel", that's evidence enough for me. Call security and get him kicked out of there!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I still say sack despite our form. We need a coach that's gonna be more demanding on the players. Somehow I feel like our players aren't at peak fitness and for me that's unforgivable.
What? How are the players not at peak fitness?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
we're undefeated 11 games, 8 wins, 3 draws, 29 goals scored, 2 goals allowed.. How much fitness do you require?

Alabaster Codify7

I really crave talking football but a) there's nothing to really discuss at present and b) it just all seems so trivial in the current climate. Some people should have their eyes opened bigtime by something like this pandemic, there is far more to life than watching 11 millionaires you will never know running around competing against the same men in a different colour shirt. It should put things into perspective, but I do wish we had something to discuss in here. Who knows if the season will start up again, its a mad situation. I feel sorry for Ole actually because he was really turning things around and building serious steam.

Kappa123

That poll is shocking :lol: We need a real manager or else we can't be a top side, and we can't compete for the league or the CL. Why the hell should we keep this amateur apart from sentimental reasons? Nobody has a clue but it's Ole so you're just gonna blindly back him :houllier:

romufc

That poll is shocking :lol: We need a real manager or else we can't be a top side, and we can't compete for the league or the CL. Why the hell should we keep this amateur apart from sentimental reasons? Nobody has a clue but it's Ole so you're just gonna blindly back him :houllier:
Do you remember the 4/5 years ago we appointed a "real manager" and even after that we apppointed a serial winner. He left the squad so far behind being a top side it was a joke. The reason why people give him the chance is because the club looks like it is making better decisions, we can compete against the very best.
There is no blind backing. In the league since Ole came in, he has won more games than any other team except City and Pool.

Foxbatt

Does any team maintain same intensity for 90mins? That team must be tested for doping then.
I wonder if Fred gets tested regularly? It's unbelievable how he keeps it up. I am not saying he is doped but it's incredible how he runs for the whole 90 plus minutes.

Kappa123

Do you remember the 4/5 years ago we appointed a "real manager" and even after that we apppointed a serial winner. He left the squad so far behind being a top side it was a joke. The reason why people give him the chance is because the club looks like it is making better decisions, we can compete against the very best.
There is no blind backing. In the league since Ole came in, he has won more games than any other team except City and Pool.
Do you genuinely believe he can challenge for the league? How about the CL? And if not, then surely it makes more sense to get a suitable manager in sooner than later so we can progress towards these goals...

romufc

Do you genuinely believe he can challenge for the league? How about the CL? And if not, then surely it makes more sense to get a suitable manager in sooner than later so we can progress towards these goals...
Which manager will challenge the league with these players?

We need to recruit well, under Ole we have done so, what makes you think he cannot get 2/3 good signings this summer so we can probably challenge in two years.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Unfortunately for you, the team is playing too good right now that a manager change will be considered.

Must suck that we're playing well.

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think he should be judged at the same yardstick of others ie CL qualifications. If he makes it then he DESERVES to be here.

BestRed

Who had you in mind?

lysglimt

Scout
Our team can't maintain the same intensity for 90 mins that's how the players are not at peak fitness.
So just because the players fitness arguably has improved a lot in 12 months - but they aren't all able to run around like Ji Sung Park for 90 minutes we should fire the manager.

John Blund

Seriously though:
Remove the poll as it is not relevant now. New poll or no poll, please.
"I don't like the poll - people don't change their minds quick enough!".

We basically just got this new poll - with a 3rd option. And the results came out pretty close to what we left on the old in-out-poll. Let the poll stay and enjoy the ride, either your backing Ole or not. I've been behind him all season. He took a huge chance when we sold Fellaini mid-season, but Fellaini didn't fit his style of play. Then we took another huge chance when we sold Lukaku, to gamble on Martial and Rashford.
It seems to be some thought behind the players we bring in. Even the loanee from China looked good.

Foxbatt

He is very lucky the season ended as it's now. He is not going to get the sack now for sure. What happens when next season around December or so we are not in the top 4? If we are in the top 4 then obviously he is going to be there. But if not we will start this saga once again? I personally don't think he is a top coach and I don't think he is going to get us into the top 3 or win a major trophy.

Wilt

He is very lucky the season ended as it's now. He is not going to get the sack now for sure. What happens when next season around December or so we are not in the top 4? If we are in the top 4 then obviously he is going to be there. But if not we will start this saga once again? I personally don't think he is a top coach and I don't think he is going to get us into the top 3 or win a major trophy.
I’m not so sure, especially while Pochettino is still waiting.

Pochettino’s silence is deafening. No doubt somebody’s going to come and get him and it will be a top club.

Last edited:

John Blund

He wouldn't be sacked this season anyway, as long as we ended up top 8. They can't talk about "cultural reboot" and all that stuff and have no meaning behind it. By the looks of it, I don't think I've read any negative comments from players having left United about Ole. I was certain that Rom didn't like him, because he was forced to play on the right, and even Rom gives Ole praise. And retrospective, Rom was probably our best RW at the time.

I guess Pereira might wanna slam Ole next season, but we all know he had his chances.

wolvored

We were gearing up to achieve top 4 I think. Maybe a cup or two as well. If they start the new season (if the pandemic has gone) and this season is cancelled, Oleshould stay manager till that season ends. 3 players in the summer could see us challenging for the league.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Aw, you must be hurting right now. Knowing full well that Solskjaer will be here next season, whenever that is. Oh, and in case you hadn't noticed, no-one is laughing at United anymore and we are well on the way to becoming a top side again.

Jezpeza

Aw, you must be hurting right now. Knowing full well that Solskjaer will be here next season, whenever that is. Oh, and in case you hadn't noticed, no-one is laughing at United anymore and we are well on the way to becoming a top side again.
Its so odd that some fans would love to see us nosedive just because they dont like the manager and would like to see him sacked.

Theres this really odd Mauricio Pochettino fetish on here and i dont get it because he’s a manager who hasn’t won everything and while he instills a certain philosophy and plays a certain way, for all of that, he cannot get a result in a match where it matters. His record against the other top sides is quite poor. Cant see us winning anything with him in charge, just aimlessly floating around in the top 4 at best.

Slik

Its so odd that some fans would love to see us nosedive just because they dont like the manager and would like to see him sacked.

Theres this really odd Mauricio Pochettino fetish on here and i dont get it because he’s a manager who hasn’t won everything and while he instills a certain philosophy and plays a certain way, for all of that, he cannot get a result in a match where it matters. His record against the other top sides is quite poor. Cant see us winning anything with him in charge, just aimlessly floating around in the top 4 at best.
If I needed a coach for a champions league final match and I had to chose between Poch and Ole. I am going with Ole without hesitation. Poch has failed in so many big games. Ole wins most of his big games and games against tougher opponents. Poch will definitely keep us in the top 4 for years but I see Ole winning a trophy more quickly and easily than Poch.

Handré1990

I was about to change my mind, unfortunately corona put the brakes on.

It does really look like we’re getting a lot better since Bruno came in. A lot of players have raised their game, and I have to say, it’s when faced with adversity that a person’s worth shows. Ole has tackled the downturn like a champ imo. Not even one(!) player is found under the proverbial bus.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

Yeah, I know. I just don't get it either. I honestly can't see what Poch would do better with what we have. Yeah so we lost against Burnley and Watford and got sucker-punched against Sheffield United and Villa but there's no denying Solskjaer is bringing the feelgood factor and fear back to Old Trafford. Regardless of your stance on the manager, you have to acknowledge the work he has done so far. Just a shame that our momentum has been stunted at this time but it is what it is. People just need to accept that barring some major disastrous capitulation, Solskjaer ain't going nowhere.

90 + 5min

I would rather say unlucky because of the form and how he got team playing. Without this break we would easly be one of favorites for Europa League. Domestic, we would have great chance for top 4 and even TheFa cup.

Wilt

I would rather say unlucky because of the form and how he got team playing. Without this break we would easly be one of favorites for Europa League. Domestic, we would have great chance for top 4 and even TheFa cup.
Yes I’d say unlucky. Utd looked a cert to beat Spurs but when football kicks off again it will be like a new season with all teams at near/full strength.

Unprecedented for this stage of the season.

Davìd Moyéz

Never understand why people think this is an effective way of making their point. Laugh at everyone that doesn't share exactly the same opinion as you as if they're idiots. It's like the general election all over again.

Jezpeza

Never understand why people think this is an effective way of making their point. Laugh at everyone that doesn't share exactly the same opinion as you as if they're idiots. It's like the general election all over again.
Yeah. Its a bit like posting that you thin unicorns are real and then using ‘everyone who doesn't think so is deluded and a tosser’ as justification.

If you chase people for justification they talk about pochettino usually, a manager with a proven track record of bottling it in big games. How do you win a cup without beating top sides? Even last year, man city won the title by one point, and their head to head with liverpool was win 1 draw 1. If people think aimlessly milling round the top 4 is where we need to be then thats about the only scenario where you appoint the guy. We had ‘proper managers’ with LVG and Jose. People act like the inability we had earlier in the season to break down smaller teams is an Ole thing, not just something we have suffered under the 3 previous managers. Short term memory

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Yes, I genuinely believe we can challenge for the league and CL under Ole with the right players. Am I positive, 100%. Of course not. Just as you don't really know that he can't.

Ludens the Red

I was about to change my mind, unfortunately corona put the brakes on.

It does really look like we’re getting a lot better since Bruno came in. A lot of players have raised their game, and I have to say, it’s when faced with adversity that a person’s worth shows. Ole has tackled the downturn like a champ imo. Not even one(!) player is found under the proverbial bus.
Same. This has gone on a little longer than the usual false dawns. There was a semblance of swagger returning. And that Derby win massively lifted the fans. Not saying we would have gone on to do this and that but like you said mind was very much about to be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.