Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yeah, Wout.

He's not a very good football player.

You can try and spin it positively (and you should, I guess, yes), but the fact remains that he is not a very good football player.

I would add: whether he's even a serviceable backup option come next season is up for debate.

Ideally, someone like Martial (flawed but clearly talented) should be the backup option. Not someone like Wout.

We need a proper first choice, though, that much is clear. We don't have one.

FerociousCorgis

Yeah, Wout.

He's not a very good football player.

You can try and spin it positively (and you should, I guess, yes), but the fact remains that he is not a very good football player.

I would add: whether he's even a serviceable backup option come next season is up for debate.

Ideally, someone like Martial (flawed but clearly talented) should be the backup option. Not someone like Wout.

We need a proper first choice, though, that much is clear. We don't have one.
i mean assuming martial somewhat makes it thru the end of this season, the clear choice would be to bring in a top striker and just rock those 2. Allows martial to be hopefully used in a way they can manage him without breaking down. WW just would be ridiculous to bring back. Literally all he does is run about a bit. You can bring pretty much any youth striker in to do that and at least theres the chance they could develop into something more

SAFMUTD

The way he fecked up that chance for 3-0 my god. In starting to really dislike him, poor poor player. Can't wait to have an proper striker.

Strootman's Finger

Immediately looked worse the moment he came on. There was a couple of passes and loose balls which a mobile striker would have gotten to, but he is just so slow off the mark, he got nowhere near.

It was like we were playing with 10 men, and then later, 9.
We made 3 changes at the same time, and you are putting all the negative outcome on one of those players coming on, not the other two that came on, or any of the 3 coming off. I would argue Bruno leaving was more detrimental than Wout coming on.

AndySmith1990

Once we have ambitious owners trash players like Wout should be a thing of the past. We really have tolerated some proper dross in our squad over the past decade, and continue to do so with at least half a dozen painfully mediocre players still a part of the squad. It's no surprise we've turned to shit as the first choice players have gradually got fatigued ans/or injured

United Hobbit

I know it's not right but I actually hate him. It's not his fault that he's shite but he's comfortably the worst United player I've ever seen. And Ten Hag keeps giving him minutes, which leads to doubts over him creeping in too.
Same here. Horrible thing to say but he should be nowhere near the pitch.

The tragic thing is when Tony inevitably gets injured again, and Rashy isn't back we are stuck with watching him

He must absolutely not signed in any shape or form. I'd actually rather have Fellaini back, he drove me barmy and was like Gollumns pet but at least he could head the freaking ball and got us a couple of important goals.

I don't get why people like him. Martinez is what I'd define as likeable. Both ability and passion and leadership.

He'd fall into the same "likable" bracket as Fred the Red. The key thing here is Fred the Red doesn't go anywhere near the pitch during the game!!

hobbers

Not a striker, just a black hole up front.

I dont think we've ever had a situation where a striker gets so many clear goalscoring opportunities and messes them all up. Body too slow, brain too slow, positioning and anticipation are awful, can't jump, can't stretch. And even when he has the ball at his feet and can see the whites of the keeper's eyes, his shooting is the worst I've ever seen.

Pretty sure Peter Crouch or someone of that talent bracket would have scored about 10-12 goals by now with the chances Wout has had.

Siorac

It really shouldn't be. Spending money to sign Wout Weghorst on a permanent basis would seriously erode my faith in all the decision makers at the club, including the manager. It'd be an indefensible move.

FerociousCorgis

It really shouldn't be. Spending money to sign Wout Weghorst on a permanent basis would seriously erode my faith in all the decision makers at the club, including the manager. It'd be an indefensible move.
id agree. Considering the vast amount of CF's on the face of the earth, signing WW for literally anything would be pretty damn dumb. Just fire up football manager and you should be able to find some decent punts that can do the bare minimum.

United Hobbit

Completely agree. He must not be here next season, and I wish we could send him back to Burnley already. I like ETH but serious questions must be asked if he tries to sign him.

It really worries me there isn't a youth striker available, surely any of them would be better than WW

MoskvaRed

I made the same point two months ago but he’s essentially a defensive forward, the type some fifth-rate international side picks when they expect to concede 80% possession. In an attacking sense, he is basically useless at PL level.

Lee565

He is showing up a lot neanderthal managers that believe it's mostly hard work that is needed on the field, weghorst shows that is clearly not the case, I wish we never got him on loan, he is waste of money and he is a cop out for eth to try something different and think outside of the box, to fill the striker position.

if Pep and arteta can successfully use midfielders and wingers as a false 9, why can't ten hag do the same instead of going backwards and relying on a big useless lump like you would expect from managers like you would expect from a throwback manager like big Sam

Valencia Shin Crosses

We made 3 changes at the same time, and you are putting all the negative outcome on one of those players coming on, not the other two that came on, or any of the 3 coming off. I would argue Bruno leaving was more detrimental than Wout coming on.
The issue was we never had real control over the game, so taking off 3 of your best goal/assist threats in Sancho, Bruno, and Martial (no matter the reasoning) all that early was idiotic as it kills your chances of finishing the game off and plays with fire at the other end. If anything, the changes should have been more staggered, or ETH should have completely changed the formation to put an extra man (Fred) in midfield and give us more solidity. But like for like changes that do nothing but make us toothless and less technical up top was idiotic

Valencia Shin Crosses

He is showing up a lot neanderthal managers that believe it's mostly hard work that is needed on the field, weghorst shows that is clearly not the case, I wish we never got him on loan, he is waste of money and he is a cop out for eth to try something different and think outside of the box, to fill the striker position.

if Pep and arteta can successfully use midfielders and wingers as a false 9, why can't ten hag do the same instead of going backwards and relying on a big useless lump like you would expect from managers like you would expect from a throwback manager like big Sam
Problem is we don't have a single player that can work as that false 9 type. You need a quality dribbler to play the role, and we don't have a single one in midfield. Sancho is probably the best option as far as forwards go, and I'd rather us do that than play Weghorst, but I can understand the reluctance to put Sancho in the middle

stevoc

Because LVG stuck his oar in and told him so
Well Louis is fond of that sort of thing but I'd imagine if he'd have known Wout was going to play in Turkey he probably would have told him not to bother and just stay at Burnley.

Moriarty

Well Louis is fond of that sort of thing but I'd imagine if he'd have known Wout was going to play in Turkey he probably would have told him not to bother and just stay at Burnley.
Wout is part of van Gaal's vendetta against United. He probably paid his fare to Manchester.

Blood Mage

Have gone from finding him lovable to really disliking him. His decision-making is laughably bad.

Stadjer

Weghorst has all the 'pashun nd desire' the pashun nd desire, earn the shirt and bleed for the badge crowd could ever want! Just not the football talent that is required....

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He's definitely starting vs Forest. Martial will probably be saved for Sevilla and Brighton, understandably. Hope he shows up...
I’d argue it’s not understandably at all, top 4 is surely the priority? Been saying for weeks it’ll be a fight with the number of games we’ve had and how fecked all the players are. I pray he plays martial over weghorst for forest match

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I’d argue it’s not understandably at all, top 4 is surely the priority? Been saying for weeks it’ll be a fight with the number of games we’ve had and how fecked all the players are. I pray he plays martial over weghorst for forest match
I think the worry is Martial gets injured if he plays too much, too soon. Higher chance he gets injured if he plays vs Forest rather than being used sparingly, and then also believing we have enough in our attack to win anyway.

Idxomer

I think the worry is Martial gets injured if he plays too much, too soon. Higher chance he gets injured if he plays vs Forest rather than being used sparingly, and then also believing we have enough in our attack to win anyway.
Not when Rashford is also out.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I thought your earlier post implied we save him for the cup games as they’re understandably more important.

I’d still hope he starts and we start fast like we did against Sevilla and then comes off early than waiting for 60 mins while weghorst does feck all and then scrambling for a win at the end. Maybe weghorst will get a goal or two but his latest performances doesnt suggest that tbh

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I thought your earlier post implied we save him for the cup games as they’re understandably more important.

I’d still hope he starts and we start fast like we did against Sevilla and then comes off early than waiting for 60 mins while weghorst does feck all and then scrambling for a win at the end. Maybe weghorst will get a goal or two but his latest performances doesnt suggest that tbh
0 faith in weghorst ever scoring, but between the others on the pitch and Casemiro in midfield, we should still beat them.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Top 4 has to be the main focus now. 3pt lead to Spurs with game in hand but that is Brighton away which won't be easy. We also have to go to Spurs too.

I'd play Martial Sunday. I don't fancy us in Europe without the the two main guys at CB.

NoPace

It’s just hard to believe there won’t be a better option for 10M from some lower level league. Even if we can’t make a Chicharito level signing, someone livelier would be getting on the end of more crosses than Weghorst and forcing CBs to defend deeper.

RedIan

One day he will shake his head and wonder how he played so many games for United whilst being so crap.
likable guy but a centre forward who cant score goals. A tall giant who cant head the ball or win a heading duel. A centre forward with less pace than a retried Ralph Milne.
unreal luck hes had getting so many games.

Biggins

Given the lack of options and with Eriksen back, I really think that ETH needs to try playing Bruno as false 9 if Martial is not yet fully fit. Bruno will provide the same level of work rate as WW and at least there is a chance that Bruno will score some…

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Have to say I’m surprised at how ineffective he has been. I never thought he was a world beater but he’s someone who has played at the highest level his whole life with varying success.

United Hobbit

Says it all the only thing he did was punch a guy in the face...

Must NOT go anywhere near him in the summer

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Absolutely tragic footballer. People say this stuff a lot, but he is surely the worst I’ve seen play for us. Right up there in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.