5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lex talionis

It’s fair to conclude Wout isn’t UQ, but is he really that much better than Elanga that it made sense to consign Elanga into oblivion?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Lot of fresh, original takes in this thread...

He's going to score in the FA Cup final and in the Europa league final and will have a cult status. Despite being a very limited player.
I remember when Fergie dropped Berbatov from the squad in favour of Owen against Barcelona because he had a feeling. I have that same feeling Wout is gonna score in the final. I realise Owen did not score in the final.
I'm looking forward to him scoring the winner in the FA Cup Final in the 93rd minute.
Imagine him scoring the winner against City next week.
I'd like to think he's been saving all his goals for the FA cup final.
He's just saving the goal for next week
Shame he couldn't get a league goal for us but his hat trick in the FA Cup final will hopefully cheer him up.
He will score against City. Mark this comment :D
You're all gonna swallow your words when he scores the winner against City next week.

Hopefully.
He's just setting up for his redemption arc with a winning goal against City. What a legend that would make.
Winner in the cup final anyone?…….. anyone?
I feel like he's destined to score a cup final hatric.

Seij

Honestly, I can't believe Weghorst has been this ineffective in the opposition area. He had a 1 in 2 record in Turkey. What are they feeding defenders out there? That chance on the 90 today...I am not even surprised he missed. How sad is that?
His replacement for Besiktas Aboubakar (yes, the guy who was kicked out of Al Nassir to accommodate Ronaldo) has nearly 1 in 1 goal record so far in Turkey. We would've been better off signing that guy instead but he doesn't have a Dutch passport.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It’s fair to conclude Wout isn’t UQ, but is he really that much better than Elanga that it made sense to consign Elanga into oblivion?
Quite frankly no and I’ve slammed Ten Hag for months for continuing to just stubbornly give that useless lump minutes instead of getting more creative. Elanga would bring the same qualities but at least offer a serious threat in behind. Neither one is worth a feck in front of goal so we wouldn’t be missing out on that regardless

saivet

Positivity and all, but did find it amazing how many had convinced themselves or genuinely believed he would be a good signing. I expected him to be bad and unfortunately he beat my expectations as I though he'd be tiny bit better.

Seems a nice guy and a hard worker though, good luck to him though, maybe he will be back at Burnley next season in the PL.

stevoc

Today's goal miss summarizes Wout - he is worse finisher than your neighborhood game mates. Nice lad, but has no business playing in EPL. It's incredible that Glazers stuck ETH with somebody this incapable

Either way - thank you for running around when we needed a warm body on the pitch, and farewell!
As much as I'd like to blame the Glazers for everything. It's obvious by the way he has persevered with playing him almost every game that signing Wout was Ten Hags idea.

AndySmith1990

No he's not much better than Elanga, but Elanga is shite too. Neither will be at United next season

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Yes he is completely useless in goal return, but I'd be tempted to keep him for his drive and passion alone just to make a statement to the team (whilst off-loading Martial who doesn't seem to have any drive). Could we play Weghorst in midfield as an impact sub to disrupt and destroy passing channels when we're protecting a lead? Perhaps he isn't suited for the striker role.

El Jefe

Scored 4 in 50 games playing in England.

This was a case study for the people that think any average player could join a top club and have a modest goal return by vitue of playing with better players. Well it's the opposite, the gap in quality gets exposed and only highlights how out of place the player is.

I feel for the lad but he's going down in history here and will be the unit of measurement for how bad a player is for us going forward. It was Bebe before but unfortunately Wout has taken the crown and run away with it.

lex talionis

No he's not much better than Elanga, but Elanga is shite too. Neither will be at United next season
I don’t disagree, but when Wout starting dropping turds week after week, why not go back to the other turd dropper to try something different?

Djemba-Djemba

Yes he is completely useless in goal return, but I'd be tempted to keep him for his drive and passion alone just to make a statement to the team (whilst off-loading Martial who doesn't seem to have any drive). Could we play Weghorst in midfield as an impact sub to disrupt and destroy passing channels when we're protecting a lead? Perhaps he isn't suited for the striker role.
I thought this was a joke at first.

You want us to spend more money on him just for his passion and play him in midfield?

Madness.

InfiniteBoredom

This is relegation fodder type of mentality.

Leaving the absurdity of playing a useless striker in midfield aside, you are going to win feck all of note if your overriding concern is trying to spoil the opponents and going so far as to play a championship level footballer just for that purpose.

DomM

I appreciate what he has done for the team, he always puts in maximum effort but he was just a stopgap for the rest of the season, he won't be staying but good luck to him for the rest of his career, he still managed to get a medal.

lsd

The Oracle
I can see him scoring four goals in the cup final making Haaland look like well Weghorst really

MadMike

We believe this man's Forrrest Gump narrative can only end in redemption. That's why he's here.
Sadly he’s less Forrest Gump, and more Simple Jack. When it came to choosing a striker in January, we went full r****d

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Sadly he’s less Forrest Gump, and more Simple Jack. When it came to choosing a striker in January, we went full r****d
All so ETH could boast he still got top four with a clunker up front.

Seij

I thought this was a joke at first.

You want us to spend more money on him just for his passion and play him in midfield?

Madness.
They're not joking. Weg has a cult following who will defend him at any cost. Not sure where they came from since the guy himself has only been here since January.

Jesus, might as well just pick a random fit United fan from an OT game and offer to play him at minimum wages.

Valencia Shin Crosses

This surely is a fecking wind up

Bwuk

McTominay as striker would comfortably have done Weghorsts job

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Stop this, someone might actually take you seriously.

hobbers

How to turn Manchester United into Burnley, chapter one...

Matt851

He isn't suited to playing in the Premier league full stop

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The worst striker we've ever had. Ighalo was a lot better than this guy

Eddy_JukeZ

:lol:

I've seen it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.