Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
As a striker, he scored grand total of 2 goals in his last 37 PL games.

0 goals in 17 PL games this season.

Must be some kind of record.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Easily the worst striker we've ever had, and possibly the worst player who played so much in the first XI(during such a short period).

LDUred

He's looked so out of place in the team. I know the Dutch have fallen on hard times but the fact this guy has Dutch international caps and World Cup goals against Argentina is jaw-dropping.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
That last sitter :lol:

Surely the worst player to play this many minutes for a top premier league club of all time?

United Hobbit

ETH said after game they looking into making move permanent.

whoosh
Thank feck I've just noticed the white text, I didn't at first!

Seriously if he tries to sign him the board must block it, it would be an even worse decision than giving Jones that contract extension when his body was clearly fecked

Some of his minutes should have been given to Pellistri/ another youngster especially when it came clear the experiment wasn't working

BorisManUtd

Well Sancho gave him perfect chance to score there and say goodbye to OT crowd with a goal and he missed it. Shame. Guess Wout will get some minutes vs City as well.

Zoo

I felt sorry for him. Sancho was consoling him at fulltime. Anyway he tried and won some silverware

Abhinav

Shocking player. The only blot on EtH’s management this season has been his bizarre need to give this guy minutes, not withstanding that we are bare bones in the striker department.
Would be nightmarish if we made a permanent move for him.

Eplel

You're all gonna swallow your words when he scores the winner against City next week.

Hopefully.

Acquire Me

I felt sorry for him. Sancho was consoling him at fulltime. Anyway he tried and won some silverware
Yeah, that did not feel good seeing him missing that chance. He got the right attitude and fight, but just can’t score.

stevoc

Shocking player. The only blot on EtH’s management this season has been his bizarre need to give this guy minutes, not withstanding that we are bare bones in the striker department.
Would be nightmarish if we made a permanent move for him.
Well we've had 2 fit strikers for the last 6 weeks so it makes no sense why he's still getting minutes. Even more bizarre like today when he came on as a no10.

His skill set (or lack thereof) is the complete antithesis of the position.

Irwin99

He's just setting up for his redemption arc with a winning goal against City. What a legend that would make.

To be honest, i thought his first 6 or 7 games at the club were pretty good; a severe lack of goal threat but he got a good assist in a cup final and his workrate was decent. After that his time here just became a bit of a meme sadly. I never disliked him though and I wish him well.

Could leave the club with two winners medals :drool:

Devil81

There are loads of strikers that barely score these days, Welbeck and Che Adams spring to mind. Technically they are better players mind but he's not alone on the goal front.

Only thing I'd say about Weggy is he's had the supply the others haven't, he's had an awful time in front of goal. Today was the worst miss of them all though.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Just very clearly not good enough. Was obvious before he joined and was manifest throughout his time here. Not his fault, he certainly tried.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
There are loads of strikers that barely score these days, Welbeck and Che Adams spring to mind. Technically they are better players mind but he's not alone on the goal front.

Only thing I'd say about Weggy is he's had the supply the others haven't, he's had an awful time in front of goal. Today was the worst miss of them all though.
It was a bad miss, makes you wonder how he scored all those goals in Germany

Devil81

It was a bad miss, makes you wonder how he scored all those goals in Germany
To be honest his goal record in Germany is what made me think he could be a decent signing and that his time at Burnley was a struggle because they were shit.

He's bloody awful in front of goal though, today's miss basically summed up his time at United. He bust a gut to get there and usually gets ignored but the one time he was found perfectly he absolutely fluffed his lines.

James35

He’s pure gash. Only thing he can do to redeem himself is score the winner in the FA Cup final but we all know it would more likely be an own goal.

Goodbye Wout, you lived the dream and lived it like a nightmare!

mu4c_20le

He’s pure gash. Only thing he can do to redeem himself is score the winner in the FA Cup final but we all know it would more likely be an own goal.

Goodbye Wout, you lived the dream and lived it like a nightmare!
Or a consolation goal after a massacre and they stopped caring

Ole'sgunnarwin

City have Alvarez in the same 'squad role'. We really need some top quality in the CF positions. One big signing will do (rotating with Martial/Rashford) Maybe 2 moving forward, we haven't scored enough goals since SAF.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Today's goal miss summarizes Wout - he is worse finisher than your neighborhood game mates. Nice lad, but has no business playing in EPL. It's incredible that Glazers stuck ETH with somebody this incapable

Either way - thank you for running around when we needed a warm body on the pitch, and farewell!

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

When he joined i said all he needed to do to better Ronaldos input was to score 4 goals. 4 goals would have meant improvment od Ronaldo. I was sure he would score at least 4. How wrong i was.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
He won’t even come on
+1

Against City, who has bench players better than most starting players at most teams, if Wout is on the pitch for any period of time, we are doomed. Our chances are low to begin with but Weghorst in a game like that would be complete disaster

B4Keane - Robson

He's just setting up for his redemption arc with a winning goal against City. What a legend that would make.

To be honest, i thought his first 6 or 7 games at the club were pretty good; a severe lack of goal threat but he got a good assist in a cup final and his workrate was decent. After that his time here just became a bit of a meme sadly. I never disliked him though and I wish him well.

Could leave the club with two winners medals :drool:
Pretty much this. Was obviously never good enough but good to see a footballer who cares so much and I will be betting on him for the winner in the cup…

criticalanalysis

Winner in the cup final anyone?…….. anyone?
It's written in the stars. A looped left footed cross from Dalot, who had come on for a tired AWB towards the back post. An onrushing Wout jumps, rises and smashes a header past Ederson. Scenes.

jesperjaap

One of is not the worst player I can remember wearing the jersey "works hard" is literally the only positive anbody has managed to give him on here and sadly the only one he merits too.

Sylar

0 league goals is quite something. And only two for us overall, and it's not like he hasn't had chances.

I'd be very surprised if he comes on at all v city when you think we should have martial, Sancho, rashford, garnacho as choices and possibly Antony might be available as an option

Obviously when we got him the hope was for martial to have been fit so we would only see him here and there to rest martial.
Having seen ww used as a number 10 and shifting Bruno out wide was the strangest thing I've seen this season in terms of choice

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I feel like he's destined to score a cup final hatric.

meamth

Probably has some voodoo Juju kinda luck to not score that one.

In all seriousness, this is a perfect example of a good player failing to step up in a big club. He can score many goals in Germany, but shouldering that responsibility for a big club like United is brutal.

You either got it or you not, in this case Wout don't have it in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.