5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

Sadly a bit shit the lad. Works his ass off at least but yeah... With that sicknote Martial we have no real other choice. Might think about starting Rashy up front instead of him and Garnacho or Sancho on the left

lost7

He wouldn't start for most premier league teams... were there seriously no better options out there

DickDastardly

Sadly a bit shit the lad. Works his ass off at least but yeah... With that sicknote Martial we have no real other choice. Might think about starting Rashy up front instead of him and Garnacho or Sancho on the left
This.

Then get him to press and molest teams in the last 20 minutes.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very poor player. Feck knows what we were thinking bringing him here.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Should only be used as a substitute when we are 2-3 nil up. He offers absolutely nothing up front. Thank God it’s only a loan.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's pretty anonymous so far. One thing that his presence has reinforced is how badly we could do with a proper striker. Imagine we would be top of the league if we had Kane this year along side Rashford's form.

criticalanalysis

First proper poor game for me. Presses really well and it's sort of not his fault he doesn't get the ball into feet enough but the few times he did get it today, he was a bit slow and ponderous with it.

I think he will bounce back next game.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Not much that I expected anyway, but I found it amazing how excited people were that we signed him. In his defence at least he is trying, so can't blame the guy.

That was ideal game for him and probably one of the games we bought him for, and it was probably his worst game so far.

Getting the ball in your feet works if you sometimes do something with it other than hold it and make short pass backward.

How many shots or forward passes did he make in his time here so far?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
His last two games have been poor. In previous matches he may not have been much of a goal threat, but he was acting as a pivot our attack could rotate around. Receiving the ball, laying it off to the right person, good movement, etc. That seems to have dried up these last two matches. Hopefully he can get back to at least the level he was playing in his first few matches.

The United

The club probably chose the cheapest loan move at that time.
or
ETH's assessment of him was abysmal.

Nonetheless, based on the club's recent history of striker deals, I am concerned about the club's ability to sign any decent permanent striker.

SirAnderson

His ability (or lack thereof) to play quick short passes to break defenses open is he's major downfall, in a team where chemistry and quick slick passes are what has brought us our goals.

Its not enough that he presses well, can hold the ball up and makes decent runs every now and then; that's a skill set we need when we are up a few goals, but to break open defenses, he is not the way to go.

Would rather we unfortunately put Rashford down the middle, and hope we have a good lead and bring him on as a sub.

Godfather

The club probably chose the cheapest loan move at that time.
or
ETH's assessment of him was abysmal.

Nonetheless, based on the club's recent history of striker deals, I am concerned about the club's ability to sign any decent permanent striker.
We'll have to spend huge amounts of money to get one. Let's hope our new owners will want to show what they are worth

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
We'll have to spend huge amounts of money to get one. Let's hope our new owners will want to show what they are worth
Better hope we get new owners first, that isn't a given

Elcabron

First proper poor game for me. Presses really well and it's sort of not his fault he doesn't get the ball into feet enough but the few times he did get it today, he was a bit slow and ponderous with it.

I think he will bounce back next game.
I agree with this.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This season, with both CR37 and now Weghorse, you’ll look at the opposition’s no.9 and in about 70-80% of those games you’d say they actually have the better striker. Quite impressive we’re doing so well with that in mind

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
He presses well which means we keep our shape. But that's about it. Goal assisting is average to poor. Low goal threat.

tomaldinho1

I think he cost us £2m and wages as a loan. We’re getting what we paid for. Solid substitute to lump balls up to if we’re chasing but shouldn’t really be starting.

Wing Attack Plan R

He's doing as expected. Leaves nothing in the tank. Early days for him, when he develops a better shorthand with the suppliers, he will get more goals. No one thought he was Cantona reborn. He's a grafter and I'm glad we picked him up. I like seeing players who are in fantasyland they are playing for United, like Weghorst. This will probably be the pinnacle of his career and he's going to give everything to make sure it is.

By now we can see he's not good enough. He can't play at the level of those around him and is always loose with the ball. E.g at 47 minutes he held it up only to give a shit layoff to Fred who was in a great position to attack. If he's not scoring and not helping others score its a bit pointless him playing.

RuudTom83

A bit of luck and his headed chance goes in, won the ball back many times and United were in complete control for 70 minutes.

Sure if the chat is...how does Weghorst compare to the worlds best CF's then I agree he is very limited...but we need to be a bit more nuanced in the discussion than that!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This season, with both CR37 and now Weghorse, you’ll look at the opposition’s no.9 and in about 70-80% of those games you’d say they actually have the better striker. Quite impressive we’re doing so well with that in mind
Not today though. And that was Weghorst’s worst performance so far. Still better than Eduoard.

Status
Not open for further replies.