5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NK86

8 shots 0 goals vs 10 man Gibraltar. Poor Wout can't catch a break.

He could jump into a barrel of boobs and come out sucking his thumb.
This made me laugh louder that it should have :lol:

NLunited

I thought he tucked home the Aké shot, did he not touch it?

Anyways he‘s either unlucky or out of sorts not scoring today.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
On the positive side he once again completely nailed "looking sad after missing a sitter".

SirMonteyne

It's clear what ETH expects from his strikers, like putting Maguire at #9. ETH's system would be difficult for any striker, and if his strikers scored some goals it would be a bonus. It was difficult to score for everyone who played as a striker at United this season, including Ronaldo who may have the best attacking instinct in this sport. The signing of high-profile strikers will be pretty hard this summer. It's not a criticism, it is just how it is and it works for ETH.

podurban2

It's clear what ETH expects from his strikers, like putting Maguire at #9. ETH's system would be difficult for any striker, and if his strikers scored some goals it would be a bonus. It was difficult to score for everyone who played as a striker at United this season, including Ronaldo who may have the best attacking instinct in this sport. The signing of high-profile strikers will be pretty hard this summer. It's not a criticism, it is just how it is and it works for ETH.
Yes Ronaldo, coveted by all top clubs. Good analysis.

OrcaFat

Falcao? Forlan? (Is that harsh? I loved the guy but he wasn’t great…)
Yeah Forlan was the other that sprang to mind. But then I thought, no, he wasn’t exactly shit he just couldn’t score and, in fact, went on to win the Golden Ball at the World Cup (which is, let’s face it, beyond WW).

And yet, for us, Forlan did have that comedy shitness of a guy who just can’t get a break. He’s a great shout for the title but he’s not quite shit enough.

Hackman2210

Offers more than Martial and Elanga - who do you suggest we start up front? He's a battering stick!! Availability is an ability.

DownRiver

We need Martial ASAP.

It will be another Igahlo wtf tenure at Man Utd when we look back in a year.

Vapor trail

Really bad player and a good reflection of the clubs inability to secure a decent signing due to the Glazers dividend model ownership. He's the worst player I can remember in recent history due to his responsibility as a striker and his lack of ability to meet even the most minimal of expectation. United will benefit drastically with a competent striker next season, even if Weghorst scored 10 league goals since his loan in January until the seasons end it would have changed the pressure the team is now under for top four.

sugar_kane

8 shots 0 goals vs 10 man Gibraltar. Poor Wout can't catch a break.

He could jump into a barrel of boobs and come out sucking his thumb.
I think it might be quality rather than luck. Genuinely one of the worst shots on him I've ever seen at this level, from a centre forward of all people. Bizarre.

NLunited

Yeah he is going to have to start scoring. I‘ve been patient, but there‘s no improvement.

stevoc

I think it might be quality rather than luck. Genuinely one of the worst shots on him I've ever seen at this level, from a centre forward of all people. Bizarre.
He has some very admirable attributes but yeah I have a hard time wrapping my head round how a series of professional football coaches seen this guys striking ability and decided he should be a centre forward.

He's scored decent amounts of goals in other leagues to be fair. But even his poaching is very reactive he doesn't seem to have much instinct for it, he never seems to be in good position to score.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Wout needs to learn self love!
"There were a few situations where I was close, but just not all the way. It’s just… just rubbish," Weghorst told ESPN Netherlands after the match.

"Unlucky? Whether it’s just bad luck… Ultimately, it’s also quality. You have to be honest about that too. You can call it bad luck, but that last ball of mine was allowed in. As a striker you know that you can score in these kinds of competitions."

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
90 minutes, 10 passes, 7 shots, 2.18xG but just 0.36 xG on target (as in he had great chances but made it easy for the keeper to not score anything)... That's not great man.
Gibraltar are currently ranked 200 in the world, for context.

I'm not even sure their players would make it at semi-pro in the English tier system.

How long will the Dutch actually persevere with Wout?

Whatever he is at his best, he must surely be going through the worst goal drought of his career?

stevoc

And neither is Wout!
Look I'm a fan of his - I cant deny it, he might be shite but hes our shite and I love him. At least until something better comes along............
He is though, that's where he's played the majority of his career and that's where he's playing for United.

NLunited

"There were a few situations where I was close, but just not all the way. It’s just… just rubbish," Weghorst told ESPN Netherlands after the match.

"Unlucky? Whether it’s just bad luck… Ultimately, it’s also quality. You have to be honest about that too. You can call it bad luck, but that last ball of mine was allowed in. As a striker you know that you can score in these kinds of competitions."
Exactly how it looks: he‘s not getting on the end of things and ‚it‘s just rubbish‘. Hearing him say it himself makes me feel better.

An in form Weghorst would have scored 8 goals for us now or something like that.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We need Martial ASAP.

It will be another Igahlo wtf tenure at Man Utd when we look back in a year.
Would help if martial could string a few games together. The guys useless as he’s never available so we have to use what we’ve got.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Really bad player and a good reflection of the clubs inability to secure a decent signing due to the Glazers dividend model ownership. He's the worst player I can remember in recent history due to his responsibility as a striker and his lack of ability to meet even the most minimal of expectation. United will benefit drastically with a competent striker next season, even if Weghorst scored 10 league goals since his loan in January until the seasons end it would have changed the pressure the team is now under for top four.
It's the combination of borderline playing for the other team in front of goal, and the lack of even any sort of threat regardless of if he scores or not. It's the equivalent of a having baskeball player on the court that can't shoot and basically averages 2 PPG, the other team can just focus even more on defending everyone else around him.

El Jefe

He can't keep starting for us. It's borderline criminal.
Crazy how quick things can change in just over a year. January 2022 we'd have been thinking than any new manager would have Ronaldo, Martial and Voldemort to choose from up front. Since January 2023 its been Weghorst only pretty much.

I'm really just hoping we crawl across the line and make top four. The truth is no team with Weghorst up front should finish top four but ETH and Rashford are doing miracles in keeping us in it.

Yeah, ETH's system that's also used by most of the top coaches in Europe now, including the one with a striker who is a virtual certainty to break the PL top scorer record.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
But of effort will always seduce a large section of fans. Terrible striker and there’s no way I’ll be convinced that he was genuinely the best striker we could find in January, even under the circumstances. I’m not really a subscriber to this ‘well if Ten Hag wants him then fine by me’ thing I read every day on here. His transfer activity is not without question, brilliant coach as he is.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Exactly how it looks: he‘s not getting on the end of things and ‚it‘s just rubbish‘. Hearing him say it himself makes me feel better.

An in form Weghorst would have scored 8 goals for us now or something like that.
He makes fewer excuses for himself than most of the posters here. Big respect for that.

OrcaFat

8? I’m not sure if you’re joking. But anyway, let’s be kind and say he might have had 4 with better form, luck and confidence. That would be welcome. There’s still time for him to go on a great run of, say, three goals in ten games. Along with his overall contribution to our shape / system, those three goals would be worth a lot.

Looking at his time with us and knowing his history over the last couple of years, he is probably a 5-10 goals per season guy, if playing in a decent team. I love him but there was a time when we expected more from our CF.

Hackman2210

. I’m not really a subscriber to this ‘well if Ten Hag wants him then fine by me’ thing I read every day on here. His transfer activity is not without question, brilliant coach as he is.
His transfer activity to this point is 100% isn’t it. Martinez best defender in the prem. Casemiro best mid in the prem. Antony fantastic signing even for £80m - we won’t lose money on him. He’ll go to Barca in 5 years for £100m+. Malacia - solid buy at 13m - again we won’t lose on him.
Sabitzer and Wout - loans not transfers.

Redlyn

there was a time when we expected more from our CF.
There was a time? The time is now. I don't think you can find a single person who is satisfied with him as our main CF.

The highest compliment you can throw is that he is better than having no one.

Last edited:

OrcaFat

There was a time? The time is now. I don't think you can find a single person who is satisfied with him as our main CF.

The highest compliment you can throw is that he is better than having no one.
It was a joke.

PSV

His transfer activity to this point is 100% isn’t it. Martinez best defender in the prem. Casemiro best mid in the prem. Antony fantastic signing even for £80m - we won’t lose money on him. He’ll go to Barca in 5 years for £100m+. Malacia - solid buy at 13m - again we won’t lose on him.
Sabitzer and Wout - loans not transfers.
Dude, we wouldn't even recoup half on Antony if we sold this summer. Only way we're selling him for profit is finding dirt on Boehly.

Glorio

But of effort will always seduce a large section of fans. Terrible striker and there’s no way I’ll be convinced that he was genuinely the best striker we could find in January, even under the circumstances. I’m not really a subscriber to this ‘well if Ten Hag wants him then fine by me’ thing I read every day on here. His transfer activity is not without question, brilliant coach as he is.
For one, Memphis >>>>>>>> Wout, it's not even a contest. Whether Memphis would have stayed fit for the slog of games we've had is another matter

Status
Not open for further replies.