5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

The fact that EtH says he's considering signing him permanently is seriously worrying. He's nowhere near the quality required. Yes, he runs around a lot. But guess what? So would I.
That’s the kinda stuff that actually makes me seriously doubt ETH. He should have tried an alternative to WW by now given how feckless he has proven to be. Try someone as false 9 or Rashford up top or something. He has not done that, but instead he has tried to shoehorn him into the squad any way possible, sometimes even as a #10.

This level of favouritism or delusion about what he offers, could easily sabotage his relationship with the rest of the squad. You can’t seriously be starting a donkey who’s sabotaging your attack every single game, then praise him in the press, then expect the other players to respect you as you criticise them after they lose games where you handicapped them by starting with 10 men.

The Dane

I have said it before and I stick to it, McTominay would do better as a striker than WW, not that it will win us any trophies either.

JustCoco

Supports
Red Devils
Just curious.

The club tried getting Arnautović in the summer. Instead they were shouted down and we bought a guy with similar physical attributes and a better attitude.

Would anyone who cried over Marko now like to admit buyers remorse?

Marko would have been a bell for the season but he'd be scoring more goals

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Wouldn't start for any of the bottom 3. An absolute disastrous signing from the manager. I can't quite get my head around it.

Ronaldo leaving needed to be done but to replace him with Weghorst (even if it's just a loan) is just stupidity. We'd be better playing one of the kids who can actually run and contribute.

ETH needs to accept this quickly or he will be in big trouble.
One of those rare times I completely agree with you :lol:

Oranges038

Wouldn't start for any of the bottom 3. An absolute disastrous signing from the manager. I can't quite get my head around it.

Ronaldo leaving needed to be done but to replace him with Weghorst (even if it's just a loan) is just stupidity. We'd be better playing one of the kids who can actually run and contribute.

ETH needs to accept this quickly or he will be in big trouble.
Said it was a waste of time before he signed, plenty on here were chastising those of us who
said this

I will say this in ETH's defence.

It's his first season and he's having to plug a few holes in the squad, because Utd have a woefully average and unbalanced squad. His options were limited in the transfer market and his squad options are limited even more due to Martial being injured so much.

In his first season Klopp ended up playing an on loan Caulker up top, so it could always be worse.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
One of those rare times I completely agree with you :lol:
Yeah your opinion doesn't mean that much to me tbf with all due respect.

Your thoughts on Rashy perfectly sum up your football knowledge. We are only in a top 4 race because of him. The rest of the team don't know where the goal is. Hahaha.

kouroux

Yeah your opinion doesn't mean that much to me tbf with all due respect.

Your thoughts on Rashy perfectly sum up your football knowledge. We are only in a top 4 race because of him. The rest of the team don't know where the goal is. Hahaha.
You might wanna learn the difference between giving an opinion and asking a question. I gave no opinion on Rashford. Just that it's worrying we're too reliant on him scoring.
For what it's worth, your opinion means feck all to me neither. That's why it surprised me you actually said something sensible

Blood Mage

Apart from two okay-ish performances where he impressed me with his pressing and link-up, he's been a complete waste of space. A less clinical Ighalo.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You might wanna learn the difference between giving an opinion and asking a question. I gave no opinion on Rashford. Just that it's worrying we're too reliant on him scoring.
For what it's worth, your opinion means feck all to me neither. That's why it surprised me you actually said something sensible
The few things I have been very vocal about on this site, which I got immense stick for at the time, have kind of gone my way though.

Pogba was the big one. Boy did I get some grief about him from you all but look who is laughing now.

And with Rashford I said he'd come out of his funk sooner than later. He was too good not to.

I actually like ETH and he was my first choice. I don't even want him out either. That would be absurd. I do think he's making the job harder than it needs to be though at times with some very bizarre decisions.

hobbers

What stings even more is we could probably have got Arnautovic for barely more than we ended up paying Besiktas.

The Irish Connection

The Glazers really are scum.
Couldnt afford anything but a championship loan. It’s sickening that they’re now dragging out the sale of the club to eke out every last penny. And leaving the financial situation in a mess.
Cant wait until they’re gone, but what they have done is criminal.

kouroux

The few things I have been very vocal about on this site, which I got immense stick for at the time, have kind of gone my way though.

Pogba was the big one. Boy did I get some grief about him from you all but look who is laughing now.

And with Rashford I said he'd come out of his funk sooner than later. He was too good not to.

I actually like ETH and he was my first choice. I don't even want him out either. That would be absurd. I do think he's making the job harder than it needs to be though at times with some very bizarre decisions.
I only gave a fair assessment of things when I thought Pogba was unfairly criticized (like when he was accused of faking injuries for instance). I challenge you to find a post of mine saying he was good when he was shite and in the end I've always said that him leaving was the right to do.
The thing is you took was challenging your opinion regarding certain situations with Pogba to something else, something personal I'd say.
If a player is shit, he is shit, there is no need to invent fake stuff about him.
I've always said that there was enough football subject to criticize him for. There was never a need to go the extra mile.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I only gave a fair assessment of things when I thought Pogba was unfairly criticized (like when he was accused of faking injuries for instance). I challenge you to find a post of mine saying he was good when he was shite and in the end I've always said that him leaving was the right to do.
The thing is you took was challenging your opinion regarding certain situations with Pogba to something else, something personal I'd say.
If a player is shit, he is shit, there is no need to invent fake stuff about him.
I've always said that there was enough football subject to criticize him for. There was never a need to go the extra mile.
He was a huge disappointment precisely because he wasn't shit. He's actually a good (not great) footballer who just didn't give a shit. That was the whole point. One of the worst attitudes I have ever seen at United.

Anyway back to Weghorst. This is a huge huge problem now. It's clear he wanted to get Ronaldo out but we have replaced him with an inferior player who doesn't score goals and contrary to what some people think he doesn't make us play well at all. I think our football has been getting worse.

United Hobbit

The fact that EtH says he's considering signing him permanently is seriously worrying. He's nowhere near the quality required. Yes, he runs around a lot. But guess what? So would I.
He's actually said that? I like ETH and believe he's the right man for the job but WW should be heading back to Burnley asap.

He's becoming a complete and utter handicap, I saw people in the match thread saying people weren't passing to him, so obviously the players are realising there's no point doing so

Hopefully Martial stays fit, so ETH doesn't keep picking him, if he does and WW is still picked it's worrying.

Absolutely do not want to see him signed permenantly and wish he'd be sent back to Burnley asap. It's getting to the point it's embarrassing, along with Ole levels of favouritism.

We all moaned at Ole for prioritising pashun and that's what's close to happening here, along with un droppable favourites no matter how bad they played. I'm sure we'd all show passion and delight to play for united but that doesn't make us good enough, let alone being un droppable

Waynne

How is it that we ended up with a player of his calibre, even as a 2nd or 3rd option.

He wouldn't even be on the radar of teams like City, Arsenal, PSG, Bayern even as a 4th option.

Eddy_JukeZ

I give up if he's still at the club next season.

ETH should have the absolute minimal say on players incoming. He seems to have a very blinkered view on certain players.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Does anyone still think he's "fine as a backup"?
One of the most annoying phrases used on this forum.

Fans have always been seduced by a bit of running. Which is odd because the main difference between those in the stands and those on the pitch should be quality. Why pay your money to go and see someone just ‘give their all’, which you could do yourself if given the chance?

Robaldo

I give up if he's still at the club next season.

ETH should have the absolute minimal say on players incoming. He seems to have a very blinkered view on certain players.
I agree that he does seem to have a bias for Dutch/Dutch league players, but it's hardly like he had the choice between Osimhen, Mbappe, and Haaland when we got Weghorst...

Eddy_JukeZ

I agree that he does seem to have a bias for Dutch/Dutch league players, but it's hardly like he had the choice between Osimhen, Mbappe, and Haaland when we got Weghorst...
He had the choice to not get him. He wasn't needed at all. You don't sign a player just for the sake of it. They have to offer something.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I think there is two things going on here.
Firstly I think he is a manager who is married to his system/philosophy and is working out how this translates into the English PL from the eredivisie. It’s a couple of levels up for sure. So a player like Weghorst would potentially have been wonderful in the Netherlands, but you can see he is way off the pace and the required standard here.
Second it’s clear he had no money to work with in January and given the fact Martial is made of wet tissue and also the Ronaldo blow up, he’s done the best he can on a shoestring. Imagine how it might go when he has some financial backing to shape his squad!

Djemba-Djemba

He started out badly and has gotten worse each week.

He's been absolutely brutal in the last 4 or 5 games. One of the worst players I've ever seen for Utd, serious contender for the worst ever.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
This thread is becoming hilarious.
People saying that he is the defacto worse player who has played for MUFC in 15 years+.
We are now even comparing him to Falcao, who was dreadful (he could barely stand without falling over and scored about 4 goals in 6 months).
Hopefully ETH isn't too stubborn and accepts that for the good of the team (with Wout, it's like we are playing with 10 men), it would be best for all concerned to end this experiment.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
When we get a mediocre player playing one of our most important position, we get mediocre result with that. It’s that simple.

Edwards6

He had the choice to not get him. He wasn't needed at all. You don't sign a player just for the sake of it. They have to offer something.
So you think we'd be better off without a striker since January? The only reason he's starting every game is because Martial is usually unavailable

Eddy_JukeZ

So you think we'd be better off without a striker since January? The only reason he's starting every game is because Martial is usually unavailable
Rashford is miles better up top. Even Elanga offers more.

We don't need Weghorst at all. Him being a striker is irrelevant.

ClassOf'99

I lost my patience with him today. I respect his pressing, but his all round game is poor and his actual striker based abilities like shooting, heading, being a poacher etc are appalling.

Every time I see Sabitzer move forward, I think he'd be a far better striker.

Wout is truely one of the least threatening Strikers I've ever seen.
Literally this. I don't think he could do worse than WW.

Edwards6

Rashford is miles better up top. Even Elanga offers more.

We don't need Weghorst at all. Him being a striker is irrelevant.
But Rashford is clearly better on the left in his natural position. If you can find another striker that was available on loan when we had no money available then fair enough but we did need someone till the summer because we lost Ronaldo and Martial can't stay fit.

Reactions: Fortitude

redNATION

That’s irrelevant, it’s a bit like loaning a championship quality midfielder and playing him in Casmiros position when he’s unavailable.

Just because we have issues up front doesn’t mean we should play any mediocre player we can find to fill the hole.

He’s one of the worst players I’ve seen play for the club, looks like he would struggle in the reserves.

mu4c_20le

He’s one of the worst players I’ve seen play for the club, looks like he would struggle in the reserves.
Nothing against him personally as he's a trier, but I genuinely laughed out loud when he tried to dribble past two Newcastle players like it's the bundesliga.

SAFMUTD

What were you expecting him to answer?

"No way he's shit we need way better"

I guess that would have done wonders for his confidence.

It's clear we won't sign him everyone knows it. But he's a player that even with the lack of quality we need simply for the fact that there are no bodies available at this point.

Trequarista10

If he was better in the air then I'd happily sign him permanently to sub on with 10 minutes to go when we're desperately chasing the game and lumping crosses into box. But he's not particular good aerially.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We would have score 1 or 2 in first half today at least if Osimhen or Kane was the striker.

Yakuza_devils

What could have gone wrong we sign a striker from Turkish League for PL club with ambition of Top 4, Europa and FA Cup.

Can we cancel the loan and return him to Turkish League?

Status
Not open for further replies.