5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor trail

No doubt Hag is looking for that tall striker, maybe in desperation he went for Weghorst. But so far he is just not good enough
He's nowhere near good enough. I think the only scenario which allows there to be a Weghorst on the field is when the midfield is elite. I said in another thread that losing Eriksen from what I have gathered has made the team regress in terms of how high up the pitch the team plays. Look at the games over the full duration with and without Eriksen it's night and day in terms of the differences.

If Weghorst plays in a team that is positioned further up the pitch there's more probability for him to effect the game positively because his lack of athleticism is covered. But where United lack the quality number 8 despite Casemiro being a one man army as a 6, having another headless possession losing chicken in Fred there's not enough quality coming through the middle.

SirScholes

When we criticise his minimal contribution or the shifting around of better players to shoehorn him into the team after a win, we're labelled either haters or people who don't understand football. His contribution is allegedly visible in the results, we're told. When we criticise him and the selection of him after a defeat, there's too much emotion in the air and we're being irrational.

When's a good time to say that he doesn't offer enough to be starting, never mind shifting other players out of position for him? Can you let us know?
Stay tuned fella I’ll give you a nod

SirScholes

I’ll be right here, holding my breath.
Can’t even remember what the message was that I was replying to
The bloke isn’t very good, but better than nowt, we lost 3 points. Still 3rd still already won a theophy will still probably be going to Wembley again (FA semi) and a good chance of progression in Europa. Shit happens, still a awesome season, it’s amazing to feel something for this club again
1 result doesn’t change how buzzing i am, I trust Ten Hag to sort it out
I trust Weghorst won’t be here next year along with a bunch of others.

Ludens the Red

We’re just not very good at this recruiting good footballers thing are we?
For every Martinez there’s a Weghost and an 80 million pound dud. I get it was a loan but honestly you could have signed better championship players for marginal fees. Off the top of my head, Diaz, Pukki, Gyokeres would have all been better.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
For me he was our most effective player in the first half. Then, Liverpool found a way to bypass him. All hell broke loose.

CM

This clip has annoyed me way more than is rational. He's been pretty consistently awful on the pitch anyway but you can sort of look the other way with that for a short-term loan signing, but what on earth is this shit?

This is exactly why you can't afford to have players who are just happy to be here. He clearly has no idea what it means to be a big player and it reflects in the way he plays every week.

dirkey

This guy simply isn't good enough to start. He should never start another game for united. It's ridiculous. We've young, potentially World class talent in garnacho on the bench, we also have sancho, who hasn't shown much with us but is clearly talented... And for some reason, we're playing wout every bloody week

I'm such a huge ten hag Stan, but this is just mental.

And to those saying "our goals per game output went up with him in the team, so he must be good"... Seriously? Do I need to bother typing up why this absurd statement is pure hogwash? Presumably not. We're smarter than that here on the caf

Dannn411

Should only be played in one position, as the number 9. If he is not good enough to be played as number 9, he should not be starting at all.

Real Name

This clip has annoyed me way more than is rational. He's been pretty consistently awful on the pitch anyway but you can sort of look the other way with that for a short-term loan signing, but what on earth is this shit?

This is exactly why you can't afford to have players who are just happy to be here. He clearly has no idea what it means to be a big player and it reflects in the way he plays every week.
Oh ffs. Just seen that.

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
Wout Werghost touching scousers emblem/badge

I wonder what everybody think about this ?

For me this is not acceptable and i am left speechless, you cannot play for Manchester United and touch scousers emblem/badge wearing our shirt ! I read somewhere that Liverpool was his dream once upon a time but i don't care about this you don't cross the line like this ! :mad:

That would have never happen long time ago in the Fergie era first our captain would have stopped him and afterwards SAF would have packed his bags and send him to Azkaban. I cannot believe nowadays how low our standards have fallen and what we've become. First you are losing from our biggest rival by 7 goals then you see a clip like this with that Douchebag/Wout adoring Anfield i am furious wow.

I don't see United back on top with this attitude from our players for a long long time. Lets pray to God that ETH is the right man for us and will teach them some manners and explain to his players what derby and rival means nowadays cuz clearly they don't see a problem with this wow.

RuudTom83

Should only be played in one position, as the number 9. If he is not good enough to be played as number 9, he should not be starting at all.
I agree, but until the club signs a CF who isn't made of glass EtH has no option but to start him.

Taking Martial out of the discussion, the only other option EtH has would be starting Sancho - Rashford - Antony (all 3 lack physicality) but when have those 3 been fit and ready to play back to back games?

Last edited:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

If we’d have won and he’d scored I wouldn’t have thought anything of it, maybe it was motivational to him.

as we got annihilated and the chance of him scoring is very low anyway, it does grip me the wrong way. It just reinforces how happy he is just to be here

lsd

The Oracle
I honestly despair of anyone thinking him touching the anfield sign is an issue.

I couldn't care less who or players support so long as they perform on the pitch and that's all I judge them on.

The fake outrage over this is a joke.

We didn't lose 7.0 because one player touched a sign

Bwuk

It’s a terrible look and he shouldn’t be doing that.

Bad mentality.

PoTMS

Has anyone come in to defend him and say "it's just a fecking sign" yet? Cnut might as well have sang along to YAWN.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
People will brush that off but that’s genuinely disgusting.

spiriticon

If we had won I probably wouldn't care, but since we lost 7-0 I'd burn him at the stake.

Semigoodlookin

Poor form touching the sign. I mean, have some awareness even if you are a Liverpool fan.

He is a strange one because everybody knows he is not good enough for United. Him, ETH, the other players, and the fans know it. Still the circumstances mean the loan move wasn't neccesarily bad. If he was just an extra body to throw on in the last 10 minutes of a game then fine, but he has become Manchester United's starting striker.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
OGS was a Liverpool fan growing up. I doubt he'd have ever touched that sign.

Doesn't have any bearing on the game and result but you just don't do it, do you?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I think some of you might be overreacting to him touching a sign.

Mike Smalling

I'm a lot more concerned about his ability to control the ball than that he has touched a sign, to be honest.

Godfather

What's wrong with some of our guys :lol: Not a single Pool player would do something close to that. Throw some shit on it if you need to but don't fecking touch it like a little fangirl.

Betson

Not a good look at all , did not effect anything on the pitch but you would think our players would at least know the history of the rivalry and know that doing that is something that should never even enter the thoughts of a Utd player.

Those who say it is nothing are the same who say they are not bothered by losing to Liverpool , also likely to be the same kind of fans who if do attend a game are the ones buying the half and half scarves.

Sylar

What's wrong with some of our guys :lol: Not a single Pool player would do something close to that. Throw some shit on it if you need to but don't fecking touch it like a little fangirl.
IIm sure Jordan Henderson was a United fan. Rumours Gapko too. (dunno either way). But yeah, even if they are, they wouldnt do similar especially before a big game like this.
This isnt why we lost or our second half non performance, but its not a good look at all.

TsuWave

he admitted in 2020 that he grew up as a Liverpool fan, in comments that are sure to enrage supporters after he decided to touch the famous sign at Anfield.

‘I always found Liverpool very special,’ Weghorst said in 2020.

‘I still get goosebumps from ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’.
and doing their Anfield rituals. feck’s sake :lol:

Real Name

I honestly despair of anyone thinking him touching the anfield sign is an issue.

I couldn't care less who or players support so long as they perform on the pitch and that's all I judge them on.

The fake outrage over this is a joke.

We didn't lose 7.0 because one player touched a sign
We didnt lose cause of that but you dont do that. What's a fake outrage exactly?

lsd

The Oracle
Not a good look at all , did not effect anything on the pitch but you would think our players would at least know the history of the rivalry and know that doing that is something that should never even enter the thoughts of a Utd player.

Those who say it is nothing are the same who say they are not bothered by losing to Liverpool , also likely to be the same kind of fans who if do attend a game are the ones buying the half and half scarves.

You are right it takes a real fan to get upset about one person touching a sign rather than watching the entire team get humiliated by our biggest rivals 7.0

lsd

The Oracle
We didnt lose cause of that but you dont do that. What's a fake outrage exactly?

In this case it's trying to take your anger out on someone you don't like for the most trivial reason which really has nothing to do with what happened to make you angry in the first place

Real Name

In this case it's trying to take your anger out on someone you don't like for the most trivial reason which really has nothing to do with what happened to make you angry in the first place
You dont have to like a player or not to conclude a Man United player shouldnt be doing that. And who said that has anything with what happened in the game? Literally nobody.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
People just need anything to be angry about.. like Fernandes shrugging his shoulders being seen as him crying to be subbed. Weird people.

Hulme91

Whether you're personally bothered or not this will be widely spread and a significant chunk of the fanbase (probably a majority) will turn on him for it. Just the way it is.. I doubt he has a chance of bagging a perm deal now

TsuWave

I doubt he has a chance of bagging a perm deal now
that’s more because he’s not very good. seems like a sound guy and all, puts in a shift from time to time, but the quality’s just not there

Status
Not open for further replies.