WWC19 | Final: USA v Netherlands

Nick7

She had her eyes on the ball, and seems to notice the foot coming towards her and braces for it. She definitely didn't go into the situation looking for contact.
Yep, she braced for the contact, as anyone would.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Holland could still get a goal from set piece, US getting through on counter attacks though so 2nd goal feels imminent.

MarylandMUFan

Haven't seen any of the WC. tuned in to see the finals.. should be the highest level of womens football..

It's not even Championship level .. and I'm not talking pace or intensity.. the quality of passing and ball control is rubbish.

Is it finals nerves making it a scrappy match, or is this the usual level?

oh and that's a penalty
I have seen plenty of worse mens WC games. Hell, plenty of recent MUFC games have been worse.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
That's a penalty that would never be given in a final before VAR , with VAR it will be given 100/100 times

Nick7

Holland could still get a goal from set piece, US getting through on counter attacks though so 2nd goal feels imminent.
That's the question. Do the Dutch go hell for leather now, or keep up with the game plan for another 10/15 minutes and be wary of the counter attack.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I have seen plenty of worse mens WC games. Hell, plenty of recent MUFC games have been worse.
The quality is poor compared to the men's game, there's a reason under 16 boy's team spank the best women's teams when they meet.

There's no point going on about it though, you can still enjoy the women's game for what it is, I can still enjoy a non-league football game. Not everything has to be top quality.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So being past the early response bias. It was a clear pen.

Still, Morgan is a diving tit.

redshaw

Looked a pen to me. Bit silly of the Dutch player to do that really.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Why are Holland so bad going forward? Aren't Miedema and Martens top tier players?

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
And there is the second. That will kill any momentum the Dutch had managed to build after the penalty

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
There is a girl in the United woman’s team who is probably better than anything I’ve seen at this tournament so happily play her over Lingard or Mata.
She would do nothing in the Premier League. Absolutely nothing, would be completely lost.

Would be like putting a non league journeyman in at the top.

Andersons Dietician

She would do nothing in the Premier League. Absolutely nothing, would be completely lost.

Would be like putting a non league journeyman in at the top.
Nah Lauren James remember the name.

She would still do “nothing” in the premier league better than the nothing that comes from out rightside.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I don't even understand what this means.
I mean that without VAR Football reffing used to have a lot of factors like big team Vs small team , home team Vs away team , start of game Vs end of game and of course how big the game was . Refs would be very hesitant to give that penalty in a world cup final on just one view that they get but now VAR has made everything to be by the book . I am not really sure if that's a good thing or bad

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The defending from those Dutch cb’s though was pathetic.
VVD practically going to get a balon d'or for letting Sissoko shoot.;)

You see defending like that in the mens game all the time, backing off when midfielders are running at back 4.