WWC19 | Final: USA v Netherlands

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I think that Telford is the better keeper anyway to be honest.
You might be right. Backup keeper is a funny job though. It's one of those positions where rotation is really risky - because so much relies on the centre backs knowing their keeper. It's always felt like Bardsley has the advantage when it comes to England selection, because she's used to playing with Houghton!

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
You might be right. Backup keeper is a funny job though. It's one of those positions where rotation is really risky - because so much relies on the centre backs knowing their keeper. It's always felt like Bardsley has the advantage when it comes to England selection, because she's used to playing with Houghton!
Agreed but conversely, Telford and Bright are both at Chelsea.

Dolf

Did I hear that right? Argentine's goalkeeper stopped playing professional football for 6 years?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Argentina are comfortably the best coached side in this tournament. Their players are all awful defensively and have errors in them but in terms of organisation they are 2nd to none. They all know their role and drop back instantly and pack the middle of the pitch.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
England really need to move it a bit quicker, far too many times caught trying to be too cute with the ball

CodeRed

So first half summary:-
Only seen the argie goalkeeper and she's been brilliant.
Not seen our goalkeeper at all.

That's about it.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Did I hear that right? Argentine's goalkeeper stopped playing professional football for 6 years?
She's never been a fulltime professional, she's a cashier now. She packed in football ("even 5-a-side") completely for 6 years because she got fed up of things like sleeping on the coach before Argentina's away games because the FA wouldn't cover their hotel costs. The national team manager asked her to come back and start playing again when he returned as manager - he told her things were going to get better.

A bit of a shame she listened to him really :lol:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Would it be mean to have the winner of the Men s WC play against the Women's WC winner? I mean.. The men could be two year past their prime at that pt so advantage women :cool:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
England showing the reasons why their regular watchers are suspicious of them. A bit predictable, a bit slow, prone to overdoing it. Still they're getting chances they need to take one.

And wow - the keeper stops them again!

padr81

Supports
Man City
Would it be mean to have the winner of the Men s WC play against the Women's WC winner? I mean.. The men could be two year past their prime at that pt so advantage women :cool:
Australia women were 3rd best in the world when they played a team of school boys and got utterly thrashed. I dread to think what a real mens team would do.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...se-70-to-team-of-15yearold-boys-a3257266.html

We should enjoy womens football for what it is as opposed to comparisons with the mens.

redshaw

Great ball in for the goal.

England have built a lot of good moves. Sometimes though I think we can just drive through them like Kirby did before the goal.