6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

December_16

Was a good save from Pickford I thought, Zlatan didn't do much wrong there.
Not having a go at December_16 as he can see the good stuff Ibra does, but in general on here is that a missed chance for Zlatan = sitter, no matter how good the keeper was.

I don't think he was anyting special today though, but a goal and two assists, job done.
In the spirit of keeping the amicable conversation going, I don't really think every Ibra's missed chance is a sitter at all, as Man-United pointed out. A couple of chances today, though, appeared to be sitters though, because Ibra's movement and control were so good that he made them look like easily convertible into goals: the one-on-one, and another one where he just blasted over. Should he score every chance he gets? Of course not. Should he have scored a couple more today? I really think so, especially given his rich vein of form recently.

stevoc

Thought he was generally poor myself, but i'll take a poor display and a goal and two assists from him every week happily.

Dobbs

He seems to pick a side of the pitch to play on. First half he just didn't bother with the right hand side. Second half he switched it.

I thought he was average today but can't argue with his goal tally. Similar to Rooney of four years ago.

Man-United

In the spirit of keeping the amicable conversation going, I don't really think every Ibra's missed chance is a sitter at all, as Man-United pointed out. A couple of chances today, though, appeared to be sitters though, because Ibra's movement and control were so good that he made them look like easily convertible into goals: the one-on-one, and another one where he just blasted over. Should he score every chance he gets? Of course not. Should he have scored a couple more today? I really think so, especially given his rich vein of form recently.
True. There's a few posters on here though that always comes in to the Zlatan thread and say he missed sitters even when it's been far from sitters.
I think you are spot on in what you wrote. Should have had another goal today. And his general play was nothing special for me but of course I take that with the goal and two assists.

Last edited:

Raw

26 app 17 goals 6 ass - caf rating 6,2.
The problem is there's no unified system of voting. Some people might think a 9 or 10 is reserved for absolute top of the line Messi-esque performances and vote games like today a 6 or 7. Or if it's a bad result, people just vote low numbers without really thinking about the individual performance. Ibra's barren run probably took a big hit to his average whereas players like Jones, Carrick and Valencia (who are above him) have been consistently good.

Notice how no player has an average over 7 this season.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
The problem is there's no unified system of voting. Some people might think a 9 or 10 is reserved for absolute top of the line Messi-esque performances and vote games like today a 6 or 7. Or if it's a bad result, people just vote low numbers without really thinking about the individual performance. Ibra's barren run probably took a big hit to his average whereas players like Jones, Carrick and Valencia (who are above him) have been consistently good.

Notice how no player has an average over 7 this season.
I know, I have even started a thread on this issue. I very rarely give a 9 or 10. Only huge games with remarkable results can warrant such a grade. After a win I'm more often given 6's to those who had normal games, while I give 7's on days we win. Today I put most of the team on 7. I think my ratings are totally in line with the caf apart from the ibrahimovic rating. I've got him at 6,7.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Has scored a lot for us, but should have scored a lot more. Today was like a microcosm of the season!
The assists lifted things though.

Definitely expect to see him start v Boro, and W Ham! Rest against Reading.

Raw

I know, I have even started a thread on this issue. I very rarely give a 9 or 10. Only huge games with remarkable results can warrant such a grade. After a win I'm more often given 6's to those who had normal games, while I give 7's on days we win. Today I put most of the team on 7. I think my ratings are totally in line with the caf apart from the ibrahimovic rating. I've got him at 6,7.
I got him on a 5.8 which I totally disagree with, oddly enough! I'm usually too harsh after bad results, which is part of the reason he's been rated that low.

King.of.Red

They don't score every scorable chance though. Conversion rate is probably better but I know Ronaldo can be very wasteful, miss a sitter score a screamer.
I think it would honestly be very similar if Ronaldo came back.
People complain about Ibra's freekicks.. Ronaldo is just as frustrating.

He is world class though, that's what world class players do. They pop up and score when you least expect them to, having a crap game, WHAM a goal and 2 assists.
Ronaldo is exactly the same, he has plenty of games where his overall play is fecking shyte & frustrating and yet he scores the winning goal/s

It's just that the average Utd fan, does not watch Ronaldo for 90mins each week. They'll watch the highlights/look at the stats. That does not tell the whole story, put Ronaldo here. Very similar story.

In my opinion.
I agree with you. I also quite often watch Real Madrid games and Ronaldo performances can be like current Ibra too. In a game, most of the times he seem off but he score goal or give assist. And people (including me) say that he is world class player. For me, I dont really care whether Ibra play well or not on the field as long as he score goal or give assist and help our team win every match. :D

Reactions: Penna

Successful

I got him on a 5.8 which I totally disagree with, oddly enough! I'm usually too harsh after bad results, which is part of the reason he's been rated that low.
That's probably it. Some absolute dickheads go all nuts in the ratings just because we don't do the expected.

Btw, do you watch all the games? I have some games that I've missed where players probably had improved their avg. I honestly hope people don't vote after games they haven't watched.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I think Zlatan should let Pogba rake free kick, that's my only issue with him. Saw Pogba pleading with him to let him take it but Zlatan was having none of that.

To think we had 2 free kicks in juicy positions and Pogba took none of them yet he's probably our best direct free kick taker.

Raw

That's probably it. Some absolute dickheads go all nuts in the ratings just because we don't do the expected.

Btw, do you watch all the games? I have some games that I've missed where players probably had improved their avg. I honestly hope people don't vote after games they haven't watched.
Yeah I've watched every one, but for some I tend to do the ratings much later than usual since I'll have been out or at the stadium. Probably affects my average in some way.

Sylar

People get frustrated when he doesnt score every single shot, like hes the only one not to miss chances or have them saved. Thankfully we are creating chances for him and hes scoring (or assisting like he does).

Good to have him, good signing by Jose and looks a beast.

Successful

Yeah I've watched every one, but for some I tend to do the ratings much later than usual since I'll have been out or at the stadium. Probably affects my average in some way.
Well if you are at the stadium you probably have a better all round view of what's going on. When the camera moves around it's hard to see all the small stuff that goes around. The game in the game between players. I tend to give better ratings when I'm at a game (only been to one Man Utd match though...)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Has a striker ever peaked like he has in their 30's? It's something like 153 goals in 173 games since 2011/12.

Strikers are supposed to start declining when they hit 30 aren't they?

Fracture90

Overall great today.

He fluffed few critical passes and chances but probably MOTM alongside Pogba.

sport2793

Has a striker ever peaked like he has in their 30's? It's something like 153 goals in 173 games since 2011/12.

I think a lot of it is down to Zlatan's play style. He's never really relied on pace which is usually the main attribute to decline with age. He has the physique to play into his late 30s as long as he continues to do the little things right (eg, eat and train the right way).

Thiim

Nice to have a striker that i) looks after himself, and ii) can fill in for Rooney around Christmas time when the our captain is so unfit that just a little warm-up gets him injured.

SATA

Can we afford to rest him against Boro and put Marital or Rashford up top? We will really need a fit and fresh Zlatan to battle against the physicality of West Ham 2 days later

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

This is the thing you brits don't seem to understand about him. Ibra peaked between 2010-214, his two seasons at milan and the first two at PSG. What you're seeing now? He was better than this in his time at inter.

If he weren't such a polarizing player(his teams have to play the way he wants) and spent his best years on better teams than those inter, milan and psg, we would be talking about him in the same breath as cristiano ronaldo. And he's still easily one of the 10-15 best players in the world at 35

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
True. It's a few posters on here though that always comes in to the Zlatan thread and say he missed sitters even when it's been far from sitters.
I think you are spot on in what you wrote. Should have had another goal today. And his general play was nothing special for me but of course I take that with the goal and two assists.
Are you American, out of curiosity?

pacifictheme

26 app 17 goals 6 ass - caf rating 6,2.
Incredible.

Its weird though as he has been fairly crap at times. Even today he missed an easier 1 on 1 than he scored. Don't get me wrong i'm not expecting him to score every chance but he misses more than his fair share of "easy" chances.

It certainly hasn't felt like that kind of a season from him, but its clear how important he is to us. And i love him.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
RVP had 26 goals and 9 assists in the PL in that season. It's halfway through this season, and Zlatan is just 9 goals and 3 assists away. He'll be our best player, stats-wise, since Ronaldo.

Age doesn't catch up with Zlatan, Zlatan chooses when to catch up with age.

Eddy_JukeZ

The man is a machine.

Could have scored more, but still had a goal and 2 assists.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
RVP had 26 goals and 9 assists in the PL in that season. It's halfway through this season, and Zlatan is just 9 goals and 3 assists away. He'll be our best player, stats-wise, since Ronaldo.
Nah, then he still needs 14 goals and 7 assists in the league if those are van Persie's numbers.

Raw

He has already equalled the number of goals Martial got last season (our top scorer). We're not even half way yet.

OldTrevil

One does not free kick before Zlatan. But seriously, he needs to lessen a bit on them particularly when we are comfortably ahead like today. Good to see Pogba laugh it off though. Amazing player Ibra, he anchors our attacks and the fact he moves around a lot opens up so many lanes for our other players to create havoc.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Our top scorers across all competitions since 2000 - RVN's 02/03 season is the best so far.

I hope Zlatan is in a position to stand out amongst those numbers by the end of this season - he is entirely capable of doing so.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Our top scorers across all competitions since 2000 - RVN's 02/03 season is the best so far.

I hope Zlatan is in a position to stand out amongst those numbers by the end of this season - he is entirely capable of doing so.
What happened to RvN in 2004/2005? He had 30+ goal seasons 3 times in a row and then again in 2005/2006.

NinjaFletch

Lets be honest though, the fact that Zlatan can potentially break the last 3 seasons scoring record before January speaks volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.