6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneUnited24

As many have said he was poor tonight but its lovely having a striker who can have a poor game and still manage to control the ball! Give him a week off so hes ready for the Liverpool game

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Ye, he's lost his touch
Never had it, imo. Always hit it as hard as possible into the keeper's corner, hoping for his mistake is not a good free-kick technique. Mata and Pogba (from a few that I've seen) should get free-kicks ahead of him

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
He looked absolutely knackered out there tonight, and played his worst game in quite a while. Still managed to get on the scoresheet, which is exactly what I was hoping for when we got him.

The last month or so, he's done everything I'd only hoped he would be doing for us. If he can keep it up for a few more months, he'll go down as one of the greatest (short term) signings we've ever made!

Acole9

Outstanding
He could do with a rest, he's played in nearly every game so far. Saturday would be a good opportunity and have him on the bench in case we need a goal.

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan
You guys should who say he was so poor should remember that he also was the one who created the Valencia-Lingard chance by his pass to Mkhitaryan. Creating one out of maybe 4 chances in the whole game, and scoring one, isn't poor to me. Okay performance.

Man-United

You guys should who say he was so poor should remember that he also was the one who created the Valencia-Lingard chance by his pass to Mkhitaryan. Creating one out of maybe 4 chances in the whole game, and scoring one, isn't poor to me. Okay performance.
He created the Pogba chance by a fine pass to Rashford, and he created the chance when Rashford hit the post. So four chances including the two you mentioned.

Last edited:

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Never had it, imo. Always hit it as hard as possible into the keeper's corner, hoping for his mistake is not a good free-kick technique. Mata and Pogba (from a few that I've seen) should get free-kicks ahead of him
I get what you're saying but i still find it weird he doesn't get those right either anymore. We've seen he can still take a mean shot from open play so why not from a dead ball? I think someone just nudging the ball to the side and then he takes the shot would be more effective.

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan
He created the Pogba chance by a fine pass to Rashford, and he created the chance when Rashford hit the post. So four chances including the two you mentioned.
I wouldn't say that Pogbas chance was created by Zlatan. Was a very easy pass. But definitely Rashfords chance.

Prongsy

Never knew he'd be this good in the defensive side of the game. Even during his supposedly off game, where he really could have done with a break, he gave a f*ck even after 75 odd minutes to be chasing everything, pressing every moment that he could. Now this wasn't just blind pressing. There were moments where, he could have done better, but I can understand it was harder for him today to be that much involved in the game. but seeing that he was able to keep the motto of the team going, at all times, is true leadership material. Thought Berba could be just kept around for a weak back up plan for Ibra. But they may have similar abilities, but are completely different players. Watching Zlatan's long legs giving every 50-50 a serious attempt, at impossible areas, is truly unique. Berba even on his peak, never made himself look this tough to play against. We are going to find it very hard to replace him on longer run.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dargonk

Footyislife

Holds on to the ball way too long instead of passing it sometimes. Also why anyone lets him take free kicks is beyond me. But hey he scores goals so keep it up Zlatan.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
At the risk of sounding repetitive, the boxing day game took the stuffing out of the entire team, Ibra was no exception although perhaps given his age compared to others he should be forgiven?
He was not as quick to react in some cases today and was a bit lazy (tired) at times yet when given that opportunity to make it two he had enough sharpness to make it happen. Experience & nous we need Rashford, Lingard & Martial to learn from.

Ixion

Aside from the fact only 1 of is 18 has been a penalty he does't score many tap-ins either does he, just the one I can think of. He scores lots of proper goals.

Jaybomb

He is outstanding and to think some people thought he was past it and wouldn't be able to cut it in this league... :lol:

Still the second best striker in the world for me.

Jaybomb

As many have said he was poor tonight but its lovely having a striker who can have a poor game and still manage to control the ball! Give him a week off so hes ready for the Liverpool game
Would love to see Martial in the number 9 spot in the next game. Zlatan is due a rest and we need him for the Pool.

Traub

Looks like he is now only 1 goal behind Costa for top premier league scorer this season. Quite remarkable given the various factors

Raw

Should really be joint top scorer right now. Though I guess that offside goal 'nullified' the disallowed goal in the last game.

Still it's pretty incredible considering he went on that run of games without scoring. We finally have a player that can compete in the top scorer battle, haven't had one since Fergie.

Revan

Assumptionman
I really hope that him, Pogba and Herrera are rested for at least one, if not both Cup matches. They should be kept fresh to destroy Liverpool.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
What an enigma he is. With the minutes he played recently, he's allowed to look tired. But even at his worst, he scores one, and creates most of our chances. He's just so effective.

Jaybomb

Looks like he is now only 1 goal behind Costa for top premier league scorer this season. Quite remarkable given the various factors
And he could have been miles ahead if he put away all those chances against Burnley, Stoke, etc.

It's unlike him to miss those.

Jaap

To see the decline of Rooney at 26-27 and to see Ibrahimovic peaking at 33-35 is just unbelievable
Because he looks after himself, trains & eats well. Something that always kept Rooney from becoming one of the best in the world.

m1y2

I liked how he nonchallantly played one two with his heel? at the end of the game, somebody remember that, when the game was over and our players were enjoying themselves around 88th minute.. in case somebody wants to gif it

Sylar

Yep, needs a rest and well deserved. Nice to see him get a goal, well deserved and fantastic finish. Again, he made that look so easy.

Manny

Grammar Police
Anyone else think he should sit out the next two cup games and have a fortnight's R&R to set him up for the second half of the season?
FAC 07-01-2017 Manchester United vs Reading
EFLC 10-01-2017 Manchester United vs Hull
EPL 15-01-2017 Manchester United vs Liverpool

I wouldn't mind seeing him rested for the Reading game but then play 90 against Hull ahead of the Liverpool game five days later.

Need him to be sharp for Liverpool.

Shimo

Hopefully he is rested till Liverpool. It was almost like he was switched off towards the end. For the goal you could see he didn't even want to try get back while Mata is pushing to get back. Still pure class for the finish - deserved the goal after Mason screwed him for the 51st in 2016.

RedCurry

I want to see him start on the bench in the cup games. We are on a winning streak and we should maintain that. Losing cup games would kill our momentum. So if Zlatan is required to come on for 20 mins I'd put him on, at least against Hull. Let's not forget we are defending this FA Cup.

Besides I feel it actually helps if players can get a 15-20 minute run midweek. Trainings can be adjusted to give some players a rest rather than risk losing a cup game.

SATA

Great player, but i'm genuinely surprised that someone of his ego size doesn't have his first name on the back of his shirt

Anders80

Not sure if he was tired or that team actor/director Valdes/Mason made him run out of steam mentally after robbing him of the title of top goal scorer 2016.

Stuff like that truly shows why camera refs are needed at the top level of football. Everyone in the entire world, including actor Valdes, knew that the goal was legit and proper, but still the goal gets taken away because the ref is the only person not knowing what actually happened, and he's the one making the decisions. It's so stupid. Football really is the most unfair sport in the world.

Anyway, Ibra certainly looked tired today, but he still scored and created the best chances for the team, as usual.

ricky-romeo

he should get a 4-5 days of holiday at least. this guy is 35 and just completed 3 90minutes game in space of 7/8 days.

should return maybe just in time for a place on the bench v hull and then of course starts against liverpool.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I don't think he'll start either of our next 2 games, he has played incredible amount of football in last month and Mourinho gave him a week off early November after he got suspended. He should be well rested and ready for Liverpool in 12 days time.

We have enough depth to see our next two cup games without him.

ti vu

Lost one goal last game because of a referee. Got one this game because of another. Justice. :D
:nono: He would have matched Messi goal tally for 2016. PL ref feck him over. Ref needs to allow him an offside free shot every game now till the end of season to compensate for that

Great player, but i'm genuinely surprised that someone of his ego size doesn't have his first name on the back of his shirt
There's a good bit of banter from Mido about this, he had Zlatan on his shirt when he first joined Ajax but his Dad was fuming when he came to visit in Amsterdam; ever since it's been Ibrahimovic.

So even Zlatan listens to pappa. ;)

Bwuk

Anyone else think he should sit out the next two cup games and have a fortnight's R&R to set him up for the second half of the season?
Yeah 100%.

We need Zlatan if we want to climb up the table. We shouldn't need him vs Reading or Hull.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Barring injury, Ibrahimović is a dead cert for 30 goals across all competitions - needing only 12 over the remainder of the season. If you consider the Fergie and post-Fergie era, our top goalscorers over the 30 goal threshold were:

1. Ruud Van Nistelroooy: 44 in 2002/03
2. Cristiano Ronaldo: 42 in 2007/08
3. Ruud Van Nistelroooy: 36 in 2001/02
4. Wayne Rooney: 34 in 2009/10
4. Wayne Rooney: 34 in 2011/23
5. Brian McClair: 31 in 1987/88
6. Ruud Van Nistelroooy: 30 in 2003/03
6. Robin Van Persie: 30 in 2012/13

That's exceptional company to be in, and he could even reach the mid 30s mark with deep runs in the Europa League or domestic cups - taking Zlatan up to Top 3 across 3 decades!! He's also on the verge of equaling Rooney's top scorer record in the post-Fergie era (19 goals in 2013/14), and if he reaches 31 - he will equal the two season total of our top scorers in the Van Gaal era (Rooney 2014/15 and Martial 2015/26).

Not bad for a 35 year old on Bosman transfer, all things considered. In the hunt for the Premier League top scorer title, too:

1. Diego Costa: 14
2. Zlatan Ibrahimović: 13
3. Alexis Sánchez: 12
4. Romelu Lukaku: 11
4. Sergio Agüero: 11
4. Jermain Defoe: 11
5. Harry Keane: 10

Certainly exorcising the demons of our last big name striker in Falcao (good thing he's back to a high productivity level at Monaco). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.