Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Been amazing but can someone seriously stop him from taking free kicks .Mata would have double the goals he has now if he was allowed free kicks
Ye, he's lost his touch. Although, direct free kicks seem of less value in the modern game. Think the top scorers in that category in 2016 were Messi, Payet and someone else and they only managed 3 goals each.

Moonred

Apparently he has missed like 36 games or so in his long career of 18 years due to injuries. Remarkable athlete and still one of the very best cf in the world.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Can we get him off free kicks please? Mata's the guy who's scored fairly regularly from them, and Pogba's hit a few good ones for us. Zlatan seems to hit the wall on every bloody occasion.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He's was poor again today but got gifted a goal by the linesman, kind of makes up for the goal that was taken off him against Boro.

Ixion

It bothers me how quickly people are to come in here and say how poor he was.
Fantastic, really? He should have had a goal, but besides that he didn't do much.
I think you're very much in the minority on that one. Look in the post-game thread or in this thread or basically anywhere after the Boro match to see what people were saying about him after that game, lots of praise. And you say beside the goal he should have had he didn't do much but he set up the equaliser!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
More goals than Ronaldo this season, at 4 years older and in a tougher league. On a free transfer as well!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Has he been subbed off yet in a game for us?

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
To be honest i thought he was extremely lazy tonight, even his goal came from being slow to get back onside, but obviously has to be given the benefit of the doubt with the crazy amount of football he's played lately. Hopefully gets a rest in one of the next couple of cup games

NoLogo

I'm still amazed I always had rememberd him as a lazy genius of sorts but there were so many games this season already where he ran his socks of for 90 minutes that I really can't quite fathom how I managed to come to the conclusion that he is lazy on the pitch.

Dinghy

I think you're very much in the minority on that one. Look in the post-game thread or in this thread or basically anywhere after the Boro match to see what people were saying about him after that game, lots of praise. And you say beside the goal he should have had he didn't do much but he set up the equaliser!
Maybe I'm in the minority, I don't know. He won the header for Martial's goal, that's true. He also missed a sitter in the dying minutes. It wasn't a fantastic performance from him though and the praises being sung in the post-match threads are clearly clouded by us either winning or losing. For me that was an average performance at best, and he was worse today, but who the feck cares when he racks up goal after goal and we're winning.

Reactions: brewlio

NoLogo

To be honest i thought he was extremely lazy tonight, even his goal came from being slow to get back onside, but obviously has to be given the benefit of the doubt with the crazy amount of football he's played lately. Hopefully gets a rest in one of the next couple of cup games
I don't know but according to statistics he did the most sprints of all of our players today. Also seemed to be willing to go the extra mile when chasing the ball but yeah at times he looked a bit slow and most of the stuff he tried in the first half looked rather unlucky. Still, I really rate his workrate as one of the best in our squad atm.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
35 years old and plays 90 minutes in every game, and today was the first time he looked a bit tired but he still scored so does it matter? Great chance to rest him in the next 2 before Liverpool now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think it says it all about the man's quality, that even having scored close to 20 goals slightly beyond the half way mark, we all think he could have had plenty more!

Terrific finish today, not his fault if it's marginally offside. Who else finishes like that?

He needs to rest for one of the next 2 cup games though, and am sure he will.
Most likely playing v Reading, and rested for the Hull first leg.
Certainly needs to be in peak condition v Pool

Ixion

I imagine we'll give him the Reading game off then play him against Hull so he's still sharp before the Liverpool game.

Strats

He needs a rest. His finish was very, very clinical and it shows how strong his mentality when he is still runs around and presses even in the 92nd minute while being knackered.

Watch and learn, Wayne.

witchtrials

That is crazy numbers. And he's still got fabulous hair at 35 also.
If by "still got fabulous hair" you mean "could still get some work on the side as 'scornful buccaneer' in some nautical swashbuckling epic" then you're spot on.

WyoManU

He definitely needs a rest. Has looked leggy the past couple of matches, which is well within his right at 35.

Rake

Badly needs a rest, hopefully next 2 games we will not be needing his services. Well taken goal today. Offside or not a striker must finish the ball and worry about the ref later.

Devil81

I'd let him and Carrick have a few days away on holiday, possibly the remainder of this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.