5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

His goal scoring rate in the PL was 0.62 gpg. Harry Kane's was 1 gpg. He was a long way off elite in the PL.
Zlatan during December last season was actually very near to the top scorer of the league, may be one or 2 goals less, than Lukaku is now to be fair and honest, even though he missed many chances at this time as well.

His performance started to drop heavily after the ban he got against Bournemouth, but before it he was nothing short of brilliance to us. He peaked in EFL cup final but that match seems to have left him with no more fitness for the rest of the season.

Classical Mechanic

Zlatan during December last season was actually very near to the top scorer of the league, may be one or 2 goals less, than Lukaku is now to be fair and honest, even though he missed many chances at this time as well.

His performance started to drop heavily after the ban he got against Bournemouth, but before it he was nothing short of brilliance to us. He peaked in EFL cup final but that match seems to have left him with no more fitness for the rest of the season.
We have different definitions of brilliant. Anyways, this is old news, we have probably had this argument before :D

El Pasillo

Zlatan from his interview with Canal+

Will the Swedish media defend me or attack me. They attack me because they can not accept that I am Ibrahimovic. I am probably the best football player in the history of Sweden. What I did, no one else has done. The best that beat me to the Golden Ball in Sweden, they won twice. How many do I have? I have eleven.

What I did for football in Sweden, no one else has done. It does not matter, I am the best there is. You are proud, or you are not.

http://www.90min.com/posts/5933866-...sh-media-in-claim-that-they-cannot-accept-him

Video

Winning 11 Swedish Ballon d'Ors isn't something to brag about when others were shite or bang average.

And I've no fecking idea where his claim about Swedish media comes from :lol:

If anything, they've lapped up anything Zlatan did since his emergence from Malmö FF.

Source: I'm living in Sweden

Last edited:

A-man

If 0.62 goals per game is the definition of long way off elite in the PL, there are not many elite players in the PL. Hazard 0.44, Costa 0.57, Aguero 0.8, Sanchez 0.66, Lukaku 0.69. Harry Kane is the only elite player by that definition.

pauldyson1uk

Mourinho on Zlatan Ibrahimovic: "Zlatan is injured or is not totally happy with his condition. He fought like a tiger like he likes to say to be back, which he did, he was starting having minutes here and there and had a start and had 60 mins in one game, start another one and had 45 and he was not happy with his feeling.
He consulted other doctors, other opinions and we all make the decision to stop, treatment and when he is feeling really good come back to the work. The date for him to be back to training with the team was around end of Jan beginning of Feb so let’s hope his feelings are better and we have him with us as soon as possible."

Does anybody else think we have seen the last of Zlatan in a United shirt ?

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Mourinho on Zlatan Ibrahimovic: "Zlatan is injured or is not totally happy with his condition. He fought like a tiger like he likes to say to be back, which he did, he was starting having minutes here and there and had a start and had 60 mins in one game, start another one and had 45 and he was not happy with his feeling.
He consulted other doctors, other opinions and we all make the decision to stop, treatment and when he is feeling really good come back to the work. The date for him to be back to training with the team was around end of Jan beginning of Feb so let’s hope his feelings are better and we have him with us as soon as possible."

Does anybody else think we have seen the last of Zlatan in a United shirt ?
Possibly. I'm surprised to see Jose insulting an elite player like that. His contempt for injured players knows no bounds.

podurban2

Possibly. I'm surprised to see Jose insulting an elite player like that. His contempt for injured players knows no bounds.
What’s insulting? Mourinho is stating that Zlatan himself does not consider himself fit enough, which wouldn’t surprise me.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Am I the only one seeing nothing in what he said there?

whatwha

what complete and utter bollocks, where on earth did you come to that conclusion ?
You have to admit it sounds dubious to be talking about the 'feelings' of someone who's injured. It implies it's not a physical injury.

TheReligion

Abusive
"let’s hope his feelings are better"? Implying it's not a real injury.
You have to admit it sounds dubious to be talking about the 'feelings' of someone who's injured. It implies it's not a physical injury.
I presume English isn't your first language?

That's not what was implied at all. In surprised you've got the total wrong end of the stick but if it's not your native tongue you can be excused.

Silas

Really doesn't. I'm pretty sure he meant feelings literally; as in how he felt about it.

podurban2

You’re a linguistics professional? Probably means how Zlatan feels about it... But carry on, spout your vile about the manager.

el3mel

What Mourinho said proved Zlatan rushed his returning after all. He wasn't ready to return by November but he tried hard to do it. I just hope he rushing his return doesn't affect his recovery after all.

whatwha

I presume English isn't your first language?

That's not what was implied at all. In surprised you've got the total wrong end of the stick but if it's not your native tongue you can be excused.
No it's not my first language. And this may have something to do with the fact I haven't seen the video where Jose says this, but based only on the text I think it's an unusual way to talk about an injured professional. Mourinho has spoken English long enough to avoid gross ambiguities, most of the time.
Wonderful post, and a good day to you as well.
You’re a linguistics professional? Probably means how Zlatan feels about it... But carry on, spout your vile about the manager.
:rolleyes: I have no agenda against Jose.

TheReligion

Abusive
No it's not my first language. And this may have something to do with the fact I haven't seen the video where Jose says this, but based only on the text I think it's an unusual way to talk about an injured professional. Mourinho has spoken English long enough to avoid gross ambiguities, most of the time.

Wonderful post, and a good day to you as well.

:rolleyes: I have no agenda against Jose.
Having watched the presser it's quite clear.

Hes basically said that he didn't feel right, so Zlatan has had some pain or discomfort upon coming back. It was a joint decision that he rehabs again and comes back to train at the end of Jan. Rather this than a reoccurrence of his injury which would essentially end his career.

Nothing malicious in it at all.

Hope that clears it up for you mate.

whatwha

Having watched the presser it's quite clear.

Hes basically said that he didn't feel right, so Zlatan has had some pain or discomfort upon coming back. It was a joint decision that he rehabs again and comes back to train at the end of Jan. Rather this than a reoccurrence of his injury which would essentially end his career.

Nothing malicious in it at all.

Hope that clears it up for you mate.
Alright :)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's possible he meant "let's hope he's feeling better". Either literally got the phrase wrong or meaning he may feeling better about returning sooner.

Last edited:

marlowe78

What Mourinho said proved Zlatan rushed his returning after all. He wasn't ready to return by November but he tried hard to do it. I just hope he rushing his return doesn't affect his recovery after all.
Remember when he was going around without his crutches after the Europa League Final? I was thinking at the time that he should be keeping strain off of that leg but that's the type of personality that Ibra is. He might have overestimated himself this time.

I think he can still bounce back, as speed hasn't been a part of his game to begin with. He makes up for that with experience and brilliant skills. I do think, however, that United need to let him go (gracefully).

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

Got the red devil hidden away there.

Status
Not open for further replies.