Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Sorry but to me he is done.

Enjoyed the ride last season but there is no point being sentimental we can't afford it.

A-man

I don’t think he was all that bad today, certainly not worse than many of the others who aren’t even recovering from an ACL injury.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Zlatan is finished for any top European league, let alone a club aspiring to be champions. USA might be his level once his contract expires at United.

DarkXaero

A lot of extreme overreaction here, although not surprising at all given the nature of this place. I didn't even think he was bad in the half, and definitely provided a better physical presence than the useless Lukaku. Sure there were a few loose touches, but it wasn't a dreadful half. Rashford was worse and he got the full 90 minutes. Of course, it'll take time for a 36 year old coming off terrible injuries to come into form and it'll only happen thru playing time. Look at Rojo who is younger and suffered a less severe injury but has been struggling as well. If we didn't concede in the first two minutes, it could have been a very different half, result, and an Ibra performance for us.

Last edited:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Reminds me a bit when you buy one of those 36 year old free agents in FM with amazing technical stats but something like 2 for pace. I hope he comes good but at the moment his movement looks derelict. Obvious reasons for that.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'll give him a couple more months to play his way into fitness with the reserves. If he can't cut it after that, its time to move on to the USA, China or Qatar.

Ashley R1+O

He's not ready, I think something not mentioned much is his mentality, his aggression and his will to run through walls for Jose which is why he gets the treatment. He's an experienced campaigner who will bring leadership to the team and part of our threadbare leadership core.

Do not think he'll work at 10 though and have no idea why people think it will (would). But ho hum, I hope he can get back to some semblance of fitness soon.

Sylar

Dont understand why hes starting league games for us. For now, he should be getting 10 mins here and there (near the end of the game).

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan
What was so bad about him against Burnley?

Obviously not as good as before, and obviously in a bad form. But i dont see what was so shocking about him. Was expecting something terrible after reading this thread.

Z2United

Supports
Team Zlatan
What was so bad about him against Burnley?

Obviously not as good as before, and obviously in a bad form. But i dont see what was so shocking about him. Was expecting something terrible after reading this thread.
When was the last time Zlatan had a fair review? He is zlatan. He is either the savior and man of the match or the reason it all falls apart. You should know this, been like that for a long long time .)

He was rather slow and hesitant but he was also in a position he haven't played before. He looked a bit akward, the way he always did when out of form. He is rusty and zlatan has always been a player who needs to play a lot to be good, that holds true for most of his career. Still think he will come good for us with time.

Last edited:

Canagel

He isn't match fit but I still think he is very important. Even in that clip above you can see the ideas are there but his body isn't yet ready to cope with the intensity of the PL.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Hate to say it but I'm getting Rooney vibes when he's playing deep. Just slows us down completely, doesn't know which pass to make. To be fair to him he's only just come back but I've always had this thought about him when playing deep.

Acole9

Outstanding
Didn't work with him and Lukaku against Burnley. Either he's been rushed back too soon or he is a spent force.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
After the nostalgia of him coming back has worn off, I think we can all agree that he is currently some way short of the level required to play for United. I mean, christ, he's 36 and coming off a major acl tear. Wonderful footballer in his day. But he'll join the coaching staff or move on in the summer. As he should.

Marcus

Zlatan can play the Fellaini role in attack and defence while the big guy is out. More impact sub than starter.

After the nostalgia of him coming back has worn off, I think we can all agree that he is currently some way short of the level required to play for United. I mean, christ, he's 36 and coming off a major acl tear. Wonderful footballer in his day. But he'll join the coaching staff or move on in the summer. As he should.
Yep, he wasn't convincing coming on as a sub and now he's started a couple it's clear he's way off where we need him to be. He will be a good influence on the squad but he can't play more than a cameo role for us.

NotQuiteManc

Just came back from major injury, lack of pre season and matches played, so it is to be expected, but I don't expect him to start any game let alone EPL games. I think Jose made a mistake there, where he should introduce players like Rojo and Ibra slowly into the team to gain back the confidence and fitness. It is not like the team is lacking offensive players. CB case maybe bit different but still, there are other talents there like Tuanzebe and Lindelof - even Blind for emergency cases.

Giggs86

Just let him be an assistant to the assistant manager kind of thing. Seeing him sitting next to Mourinho will inspire confidence.

Water Melon

So much for Ibra being a super-human, recovering so fast and going to lift us even further. The truth is that his best days are gone, he has come back from horrific injury and is not capable of leading the line. Zlatan has had fantastic career overall, but for now we are stuck with Lukaku, and I hope he does not pick up an injury, because he really is close to complete fatigue.

Penalty

Well to be honest Ibra has always needed a lot of games before being in top form, even with a pre-season. Add his injury to this and it's not a surprise that he's been awful.

The problem is that there is no time to wait for him to get fit. Because I really do think he can get back to previous ability - he does have the right mentality to get back if the injury has healed.

Some say he should leave and they aren't wrong but doesn't it look like Ibra has influenced the younger players? I think so, look at Lingard, looking hungrier when he plays and he even made an 'Ibra-goal' last time. So he still offers something to the team.

Just my opinion. But like I said, I wait til atleast mid-January before I judge on his contribution.

Jaybomb

Let’s give it a few weeks before we decide if he’s finished or not.

He’s still recovering clearly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So much for Ibra being a super-human, recovering so fast and going to lift us even further. The truth is that his best days are gone, he has come back from horrific injury and is not capable of leading the line. Zlatan has had fantastic career overall, but for now we are stuck with Lukaku, and I hope he does not pick up an injury, because he really is close to complete fatigue.
At least give him until the month he was supposed to recover by...January.
He was ahead of schedule to come back in late 2017, so maybe it's just that showing.

A-man

He’s still recovering clearly.
I agree. The last game was much better than the the one before, I would say he was even average compared to the other players. However not so sure about that position, at least not when Lukaku plays.

Loublaze

ATLien
Zlatan is finished for any top European league, let alone a club aspiring to be champions. USA might be his level once his contract expires at United.
I don't see him lasting in MLS beyond one full season

Loublaze

ATLien
I'll give him a couple more months to play his way into fitness with the reserves. If he can't cut it after that, its time to move on to the USA, China or Qatar.
His contract expires in 8 months and there's five months left of football to play before the season is over. Do you think there's even a remote chance he'll be offered another contract extension? I expect him to retire or leave at the end of his contract. Playing him right now is looking like a charity because I really doubt he'll get back to optimum fitness. He could have a few great moments left in him though.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
His contract expires in 8 months and there's five months left of football to play before the season is over. Do you think there's even a remote chance he'll be offered another contract extension? I expect him to retire or leave at the end of his contract. Playing him right now is looking like a charity because I really doubt he'll get back to optimum fitness. He could have a few great moments left in him though.
If he accepts a role as a sub striker who can come on and impact a game at 70 minute mark and start cup games, he could prolong his career. Jose obviously loves him and he is well respected around the club, when Carrick leaves, there's not going to be many senior players left in the squad.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He wasn't even expected back until Jan, so let's not write his football obituary quite yet. I expect him to be back at his best for the remainder of the year.

Ardis

He is clearly still recovering. José has stressed this fact on several occasions.

I think he will play again in the FA-cup against Derby.

Dobbs

I was against his signing in the first place, a club like United shouldn't be signing a short term solution. Not in such a crucial position.
He hasn't been the perfect bridge for Rashford and Martial. He didn't win us the league. His dressing room influence doesn't seem to have rubbed off on the others. All reason cited as a plus in buying him.

Can we move on now please. Either trust Rashford/Martial to backup Lukaku or sign another striker.

Mourinho's determination to squeeze him back into the team worries me for the future.

Classical Mechanic

Because he had 1 sub par performance after months on the sideline...hang your head in shame absolutely terrible post.

I do think his top flight career may be at an end but he has been magnificent for us on the whole.
Bit OTT. 7th top scorer in the PL with 17 last season! How standards have crashed for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.