Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
I always have a picture in my head when I hear the name Mino Raiola. Just searched him and he looks exactly how I imagined. Big mafia looking mess of a man.

I reckon Ibra will end up opting for somewhere in China.
Same :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I actually think Zlatan would fit Bayern perfectly. A 28 year old Ibrahimovich would be ideal for them right now.

Zoo

Zlatan is one of the best flat track bullies around and United have missed that. For Bayern in the Bundesliga, it's not that much of an issue. :lol:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I hope we get him, the last old Swedish guy we signed didn't do too bad for us and everybody said he was old and a bully in a two-team league.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
Contrary to other (Balu) I don't think he is that vital to us or our gameplan. He is an excellent striker of course, top 3 in the world, but others could be doing what he is doing just as well without a drop in quality. Having him of the wage bill might even enable us to strenghten other areas.
So, candidates.

Not Lukaku obviously, overrated and basically a second Gomez. Not what we need.

Higuain is certainly avalaible if anybody wants him and would be a great addition to the squad, although the price must be right. Not 60+ million € material.
We have been linked with A. Sanchez, which could mean that Müller becomes our man upfront. I like that idea particularly.
Apart from these there are the options with potential, Dyballa, Icardi and Morata.
Every single one of them would be on cheaper wages and a much more reasonable option than the Swedish buffon.
Disregarding hard facts and statistics I've got quickfire question for you. As a regular Bayern watcher how do you judge Lewa's goal conversion rate. How many chances does he need to put the ball in the net and is it good enough from your point of view?

Manchie

But didin't he say last time that his next club is a surprise ? How could United or Bayern or any big european club for matter be a big surprise? I fear he might go to China

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
But didin't he say last time that his next club is a surprise ? How could United or Bayern or any big european club for matter be a big surprise? I fear he might go to China
His agent said that. I'm hoping since he's foreign he just didn't use the word surprise in the context we know it. Hopefully he meant the announcement will come from nowhere or something.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
I'm all for taking Ibra on board If only because we seriously lack big personalities and winners.

There is also other side of it in causing shock waves in squad composition. Zlatan can play at 9 and 10 positions so where would it leave Rooney? Rashford's stocks are too high to be simply ignored by Mourinho, so he would probably take place of a second in line striker with quite a lot of regular game time. Then it would probably force our current captain into prolonging the midfield experiment in which success I simply cannot believe. Converting 30 years old player, who isn't the sharpest tool in the box, into new position for a top club(at least by ambition measure) resembles proverbial efforts in teaching an old dog new tricks. It all might get spicy soon enough in such case.

Reactions: Penna

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Disregarding hard facts and statistics I've got quickfire question for you. As a regular Bayern watcher how do you judge Lewa's goal conversion rate. How many chances does he need to put the ball in the net and is it good enough from your point of view?
He's not Ruud v. Nistelrooy or Roy Makaay, but it's not a weakness anymore. Defo good enough.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We're looking at younger options according to Mendes/Jose mouthpiece well known knob head Duncan Castles.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm all for taking Ibra on board If only because we seriously lack big personalities and winners.

There is also other side of it in causing shock waves in squad composition. Zlatan can play at 9 and 10 positions so where would it leave Rooney? Rashford's stocks are too high to be simply ignored by Mourinho, so he would probably take place of a second in line striker with quite a lot of regular game time. Then it would probably force our current captain into prolonging the midfield experiment in which success I simply cannot believe. Converting 30 years old player, who isn't the sharpest tool in the box, into new position for a top club(at least by ambition measure) resembles proverbial efforts in teaching an old dog new tricks. It all might get spicy soon enough in such case.
Rashford and Martial would benefit immensely by having someone like Ibra to train with and play alongside imo.

cjg-888

Would really like to see him here for a season or 2. Little bit of doubt has crept in now though. Im hoping it's announced, what his plans are before the euros start.

I was thinking this "surprise people" line might due to Zlatan apparently disliking English football, journo's, past press headlines etc. So deciding to join an english team might be a surprise to some.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Would really like to see him here for a season or 2. Little bit of doubt has crept in now though. Im hoping it's announced, what his plans are before the euros start.

I was thinking this "surprise people" line might due to Zlatan apparently disliking English football, journo's, past press headlines etc. So deciding to join an english team might be a surprise to some.
I get the feeling if its not announced next week it may not happen. There's no reason for it to not be announced given Zlatan's free agency. Surely if we were interested, we would be working to wrap things up before other clubs came in with offers.

khoazany

I get the feeling if its not announced next week it may not happen. There's no reason for it to not be announced given Zlatan's free agency. Surely if we were interested, we would be working to wrap things up before other clubs came in with offers.
It's just the negotiation game as usual IMO.Everyone and his dog know we're going to sign a striker so his agent is trying to use other clubs to get the better of the deal, especially considering this will probably be his last big move.On the other hands we're enquiring other players to show that he's not the only option and in case the deal collapses we can quickly work on our B/C plan.

There's also a chance that Ibra is not our "A" option and we heard the most about him just because of the leak from his camp and his reputation as a player.Wouldn't be surprised if we're actually going to sign a younger player.Jose might have learnt a lesson from Falcao's failure.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Can't see it not happening to be fair.
Probably the sticking point right now is the fact hes offered 20mill a year in China while we're probably offering 10mill, I presume his agent is doing everything he can just now to shorten the disparity between the two as best he can before giving the green light.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It'll be great if we get him, but if we don't I won't cry myself to sleep. We've got rashford who's done great so far, but we do need reinforcement.

Sounds like the club are playing hardball over his fee. Knowing Raiola he will try to bleed us dry.

Man-United

I hope we get him, the last old Swedish guy we signed didn't do too bad for us and everybody said he was old and a bully in a two-team league.
Larsson was good for us yes. Helped the team a lot.

Truedevil

I think we are sniffing around younger options like Morata, Aubameyang, possibly Lewandowski before we pull the trigger.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I think we are sniffing around younger options like Morata, Aubameyang, possibly Lewandowski before we pull the trigger.
You reckon Zlatan is just the fallback option if (let's be honest, when) Woody fails to bring home the big ones?

Hanky panky

Morata is spanish Giroud. No thanks. And Lewa is not coming to United, at least not right now. I think it's Bayern or Real 99% sure.. Aubameyang maybe but just maybe. Like 10%. Right now i would bet Ibra. If not Ibra, then maybe Lukaku.

Walters_19_MuFc

The more I think about it, the more I don't think Mourinho will want him. As I explained in the other thread, Ibra gives you little to no running in behind. Costa was dropped because of that last season.

In a 4231, which I assume he's going to play, a 10 and 9 of Rooney and Ibra could become very stagnant and predictable. We need variety in attack.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I read Mourinho is fed up with Ibrahimovic's agent and won't negotiate on his terms. I really think that's a good way to go. Raiola will look like a real goofer if Ibra won't get this move. THere's just NO WAY Ibra will take China or USA instead of a club like United if he had us in mind to begin with. It's not an option.

He's also been playing this catch the rat game for too long now - can't be a crap move like China or USA. It would be like promising your children a Playstation4 and then showing up with a brick game on christmas eve. feck that. His commercial value will be about 0 if he make that sort of move.

Truedevil

You reckon Zlatan is just the fallback option if (let's be honest, when) Woody fails to bring home the big ones?
Yep, Woody loves chasing big names and i'm sure José would also prefer someone like Aubameyang or Lewandowski (surprise, surprise).

izec

Dybala is the right guy, but we wont get him. I dont see many good available options for us this summer.

I also believe that this transfer isnt done, far from it. We could see a twist here, like his fat agent said. Ibra isnt our number 1, otherwise we could have signed him pretty fast.

Tiber

Interesting that the media are trying to slow down the Zlatan - United talk.

Whilst I am ok with signing old man Zlatan for a year or two, personally I would be delighted if we signed someone like Morata instead - though I know we have a lot of Zlatan fans on the cafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.