Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

Great deal for me, a one year contract isn't a risk. Let's hope he has a RVP style impact. Mourinho and Ibra though :drool: haters gonna hate.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Eeek

He's never had a good record against English club and 1 game against Arsenal and then 2 against Chelsea this season tries to gloss over that BUT we missed that flat track bully last season so I'm not bothered

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I was certain he'd sign for us as soon as Mourinho was hired. Still won't celebrate anything until it's official.

I've followed his whole career, watched him most games. I gave up on him signing for us years ago. This is fecking wonderfully surreal. :tearsofjoy:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
most exciting Friday night story since the Mourinho talking to United one back in Feb?

A one year deal sounds almost too sensible too!

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Just going to leave a video like this here after tonight's news...

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Eeek

I don't remember us playing a side with Ibra in four times? Twice in 2005 against Juventus I think but I don't remember the other two.

It'll be exciting to have him in the Premier League, even if it is in a United shirt.

FC Ronaldo

FC Ronaldo

We know who is on set piece duty next season now too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Eeek

that's still a 1 in 4 record in the big games. And he was always considered to have a poor record v English teams.

I wonder how our other strikers over time compared in the big games.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Signing Zlatan makes perfect sense.

Zlatan is far from too old to make an impact at United. He will start next season aged 34 and finish it aged 35. The same age as Teddy Sheringham in 2000/01. A 34, going on 35, year old Teddy Sheringham finished 2000/01 United's top scorer. In the process Teddy helped us to a third straight Premier League title, and also won himself the PFA and Football Writers' player of the year awards. Would you bet against Zlatan having a similar season? Especially coming off the back of the 50 goal season he's just had, a season in which he had a 1 goal in every 2 game record in the Champions League.

Zlatan's age will actually benefit players like Rashford. They can look up to Zlatan and learn from him, knowing he will not be a long-term obstacle to their opportunities for first team football. Rashford strikes me as a confident kid. Still, it should encourage him to know United are buying someone who won't be ahead of him forever. It will help him feel he has the manager's faith and a future at the club. That can only be positive for his development.

I just hope he brings a little bit of this with him:

Last edited:

FC Ronaldo

Also, Mourinho has another anti-Guardiola-at-all-costs friend at the club.

JP77

Zlatan, Mourinho and United together.

They'll hate us more than ever, this is going to be hilarious and glorious at the same time :lol:

red_devil83

Psyched for this now. As others have said, we lack a flat track bully. He's a big bastard too, so well equipped to deal with the prem. Big name, sells shirts etc.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Signing Zlatan makes perfect sense.

Zlatan is far from too old to make an impact at United. He will start next season aged 34 and finish it aged 35. The same age as Teddy Sheringham in 2000/01. A 34, going on 35, year old Teddy Sheringham finished 2000/01 United's top scorer. In the process Teddy helped us to a third straight Premier League title, and also won himself the PFA and Football Writers' player of the year awards. Would you bet against Zlatan having a similar season? Especially coming off the back of the 50 goal season he's just had, a season in which he had a 1 goal in every 2 game record in the Champions League.

Zlatan's age will actually benefit players like Rashford. They can look up to Zlatan and learn from him, knowing he will not be a long-term obstacle to their opportunities for first team football. Rashford strikes me as a confident kid. Still, it should encourage him to know United are buying someone who won't be ahead of him forever. It will help him feel he has the manager's faith and a future at the club. That can only be positive for his development.

I just hope he brings a little bit of this with him:

Normally, a 34/35 year old who'd never played here would be incredible madness.
But he's of that rare quality level, and of key importance his last season was an excellent one.

Exciting times.

Hope Mourinho can follow it up with a couple of other big signings.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Not to put a dampener, but I hope the comments from Sky about us not wanting another striker doesn't mean we won't go for a right sided attacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.