Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Good for him.

He could do worse than Manchester United.

finneh

Eeek

This is my worry. Considering his figures are padded out by Chelsea last season who were a midtable outfit...

My prediction: 11 goals 5 assists (excl. penalties) in 45 appearances. Not nearly enough for our main striker.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
The quadruple is on for next year.

El Zoido

This is my worry. Considering his figures are padded out by Chelsea last season who were a midtable outfit...

My prediction: 11 goals 5 assists (excl. penalties) in 45 appearances. Not nearly enough for our main striker.
Don't worry we have Rashford for the big games.

Smores

Hope this is true. Perfect signing for us in so many ways. It'll give us some personality and still allow Rashford a path to make the position his own.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Even if he doesn't do it against the 'big' teams it doesn't matter, last season we did OK against them anyway, a flat track bully is exactly what we need.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

What was your prediction last year? Just out of curiosity :D

Eddy_JukeZ

Why exclude penalties? They're not surefire goals.

And I bet he scores double that.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Can't trust a rumour where Sky are the only ones reporting it. They're usually the last to know.

Eddy_JukeZ

Can't trust a rumour where Sky are the only ones reporting it. They're usually the last to know.
The source is usually well informed regarding Mourinho from what I've read

But yeah we need the BBC to report this too.

Eddy_JukeZ

Not to put a dampener, but I hope the comments from Sky about us not wanting another striker doesn't mean we won't go for a right sided attacker.
All reports suggest Mourinho wants a winger, so we'll chase a right sided attacker too.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
BOOM! 20 goal guarantee.
Just like Falcao...

For what its worth, I dont think Zlatan is the automatic, guaranteed success that folk are making out. I hope it works out because if so, he will be the perfect stopgap for Martial and Rashford to develop and ultimately take over in a year or two.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Could be a Van Persie effect or could be a Falcao effect. It's possible it could be like Cantona all over again, the signing to launch a dynasty but I will hold back on predicting that for now.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Had Falcao just scored 50 goals the season before joining United?

Or 2 goals?
Not going to get into a discussion in this thread right now. A 34 year old moving from probably the slowest and least competitive of the major European leagues to the fastest/most competitive. I am just saying our muppet signings over the last two years - Di Maria, Falcao and Schweinsteiger - have all failed to impress. I hope Zlatan bucks the trend, I really do, I just dont share the blind faith that the majority of the Caf tends to have in situations like this.

Shark

@NotShark
Wish he had signed for us when he was younger.
Think he will find the EPL hard going especially at 34.
Not much has changed since he was younger. Like Ronaldo he's a physical freak, and it's not as if he's singing a long contract, he'll be here for a year, unless the club thinks he could go another.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Completely baffled as to how anyone is comparing him to Falcao?

Zlatan just scored 50 goals in the French league, Falcao the crock scored 2 the season before joining United. The season before that he scored 11.
Just as an example of a high profile striker who was shit for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.