Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
Delayed due too a royalty pay it's been reporting. Makes since for him to stay, it's basically free money.
That seems reasonable. It's all about the dosh for Ibra.. and who can blame him? Him and Jose have a lot of respect for each other.. I'm sure they have a gentleman's agreement that he will sign and the player is just using the interest of United's fans to promote his clothing line. Pretty solid business acumen all around to be fair to him.

Saf94

I'm over him already. His ego and his stringing along of the press. This needed to be wrapped and and done with before the Euros otherwise we're going to have another summer like last with the DDG will he/won't he. Give me retaining Dave over signing ibra 10x out of 10.
Or, we'll just sign him after the Euro's....

Don't see how this is a will he won't he. He will sign just later as opposed to sooner... It's not a huge deal we just need to wait, at least we're signing players in the meanwhile

Seven Seas Sardines

I laughed when he first told the press that he'll reveal his next destination when he's gotten tired of the funny transfer stories. A few weeks later the same line is just tedious. Obviously he wants to use his press coverage to promote himself and his products, but it's the fans he annoys in doing so, not the media. I'm sure the papers would love him to spout the same cack until August so they can keep recycling nonsense.

The most healthy thing to do would be to ignore this saga. He's a done deal anyway.

Gazza

Fans should take some time off reading bullshit transfer news stories and just wait for any deal to be completed. It's really not hard and it's really not Zlatan's fault that people have nothing better to do but refresh their Twitter searches and worry about Zlatan joining United. June is typically a slow month for anything football related especially when there's a Euros so people could do with chilling the feck out

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm over him already. His ego and his stringing along of the press. This needed to be wrapped and and done with before the Euros otherwise we're going to have another summer like last with the DDG will he/won't he. Give me retaining Dave over signing ibra 10x out of 10.
Amateur.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Who is the drama queen here? Zlatan or you?

meninred

With Zlatan age, reputation and wage demands..it will always be controversial to sign him.
I only see one main reason

Mouriniho will attempt to win the premier league outright with ibra in attack.

Ofcourse other can argue his presence can lift the club and he can train the younger players like rashford and martial but knowing that mourinio`s only interest is in winning and that he does not stay long term - the above is the only reason that came to my mind.

murphs_law

Sometimes you have to wean them into the muppet life. This is brilliant practice
Ahhhhh yes.
You need a good cesc or vidal summer to get your blood pumping

Its good for the soul to have something so near and yet so far, just to make sure you know you are alive.
And soon my child, you will be dreaming up muppet stories of Bale Ronaldo or Pogba all by your self.
You wont be able turn a page without seeing said target mentioned.
The really skilled amoung us can see the name even when its not actually mentioned in the text. But this takes years of practice to reach such mastery.

Its better you concentrate on the basics first. Limit your search to the afore mentioned mr Zlatan... See how many times he is repoted to be here before the euros.

Madan Mohan Reddy Paluru

I really hope we sign zlatan. I think he has 2-3 seasons left in him. If he can contribute to a minimum of one PL trophy that would be awesome. And on top of it I don't think he will hinder development of Radford. Exciting times ahead if we sign him.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Ahhhhh yes.
You need a good cesc or vidal summer to get your blood pumping

Its good for the soul to have something so near and yet so far, just to make sure you know you are alive.
And soon my child, you will be dreaming up muppet stories of Bale Ronaldo or Pogba all by your self.
You wont be able turn a page without seeing said target mentioned.
The really skilled amoung us can see the name even when its not actually mentioned in the text. But this takes years of practice to reach such mastery.

Its better you concentrate on the basics first. Limit your search to the afore mentioned mr Zlatan... See how many times he is repoted to be here before the euros.
Were you here for the Cesc/Vidal muppetry?

klayton88

I'm not quite sure how how this makes me a drama queen! I much preferred the times when a player just signed and got on with it. I know with twitter and the profit to be made of throwing shit at walls and hoping some sticks, these days are long gone!

I'm a big transfer muppet and have followed the cafs mains for the last few seasons but more so in the summer to see peoples reactions and views to transfer speculation. I know the muppet life is a game of patience, but if anybody is going to use United to say, bring attention to a clothing line, it's Zlatan. We all saw how Ramos was nailed on last season to be a dead cert.

I'm just hoping for a season where all of our main signings go on pre season together rather than sign for the club a few games in to the season. Jose I believe did all his work early for the 14/15 season and they hit the ground running.

Reactions: Penna

Artimities

If I were him I would wait it out and collect the cash. Not to mention in some people's eyes he will be viewed as a man of his word for sticking with his contract.
He is coming here... It's a done deal and we all know it. Jose knows it. He has been crafting this whole thing since he was rumored to be linked with us.
Our team is going to be so fun to watch next year. I have no doubt we will win the league if Jose's transfer signings work out and he gets what he wants.
Also this has me wanting to play Fifa17 even more... Lol.

Riz

I like how the title changed back to simply "Zlatan Ibrahimovic"
The sports media make me so angry sometimes. No one ever calls them out on their bullshit and they just continue on like they didn't say something was imminent. I want to sit them there in the Sky Studio and make them watch the broadcast from last week and ask them on live television, so were you guessing or lying?

addo

His contract with PSG expires on June 30th. If he honors it he gets a "loyalty" bonus of 4m euros i believe the reports said.. So i reckon he wont be signing until July.

Nicklas

Yeah, if it's true about the bonus I think he'll wait. Zlatan is a guy that's extremely good with his money and he knows exactly every penny he have in the bank (his own words). For him or the club it won't matter if he signed today or in one month anyway, it's just frustrating for us.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Haven't really followed this, but normal thread title disappoints me. Has it gone cold?

Red Bug

Di Marzio has said again that this is done. Have faith everyone, Zlatan will be wearing the red of United come start of the new season.

What I like about Zlatan is how he brings other players into the game.

I think next season Jose will favour the 4-3-3. I'm only basing this on his time at Porto and first spell at Chelsea and the fact that we don't have a no.10 good enough (in my opinion) to play in the 4-2-3-1 system.

We'll see Zlatan dropping deep and linking with Martial a lot I think:

------------ GK ------------

RB ---- CB ---- CB ---- LB ----

---- CM ---- DM ---- CM ----

---------- Zlatan -----------

---- RW ---------- LW --------

Martial will thrive on his link-up play, as will Rashford/whoever the right winger may be.

Really exciting times!

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

Mr Smith

The longer this shit goes on the colder I'm feeling towards it. I want a player who is desperate to play for this club, not someone who thinks he's bigger than it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The longer this shit goes on the colder I'm feeling towards it. I want a player who is desperate to play for this club, not someone who thinks he's bigger than it.
He clearly wants to play for us. He's got a loyalty clause in his contract from PSG that gives him a huge payout. If he joins us before that date he won't get paid. Why would he ruin that?.

He will be with us for pre season, that's all that matters.

Ixion

It makes absolutely no difference to us if he waits till the end of the month for a bonus, he'll be at the Euros anyway.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
I think some of our more, shall we say, hipster fans will end up somewhat disappointed with Zlatan.

Don't think he's all that

Gbenger

City have Aguero and are looking to bring in Aubameyang while we are behaving like freshly birthed kittens regards Zlatan signing.

Terrible times and more ahead.

Last edited:

Mr Smith

He clearly wants to play for us. He's got a loyalty clause in his contract from PSG that gives him a huge payout. If he joins us before that date he won't get paid. Why would he ruin that?.

He will be with us for pre season, that's all that matters.
I don't doubt he wants to play for us, and I'm not saying I don't want him. I just don't like these media antics. This rubbish about him enjoying the media stories about himself and that he'll reveal his future when he's bored of it; I don't care if it's a smokescreen or if he's joking, it really turns me off. And I genuinely do think he believe's he's bigger than the clubs he plays for, which makes me very nervous.

JB7

As a United fan I'd desperate to play for the club if they wanted to sign me, but if my current employers tell me that I get a multi million pound bonus if I don't officially leave until 30th June then I'd be staying put for a few weeks as well.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
City have Aguero and are looking to bring in Aubameyang while we are behaving like freshly birthed kittens regards Zlatan signing.

Or conversely City are not looking to bring in Aubameyang and Zlatan is signing for us on July 1st depending on what reports you choose to believe.

Put your dummy back in.

JB7

Yes because scoring goals has been City's problem over the last couple of years, hasn't it?

Xoe

His contract with PSG expires on June 30th. If he honors it he gets a "loyalty" bonus of 4m euros i believe the reports said.. So i reckon he wont be signing until July.
I think this is rubbish.

He will still honour his contract, he could just sign a 'pre-contract' starting July 1st, just like players can do from Jan 1st when their contracts expire in the summer.

Papers haven't a clue!!!

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman

Haha. Zlatan is better than both of those strikers and we have excellent prospects in Rashford and Martial. Don't be so glum.

Rubberman

I don't doubt he wants to play for us, and I'm not saying I don't want him. I just don't like these media antics. This rubbish about him enjoying the media stories about himself and that he'll reveal his future when he's bored of it; I don't care if it's a smokescreen or if he's joking, it really turns me off. And I genuinely do think he believe's he's bigger than the clubs he plays for, which makes me very nervous.

It may have been here, or one of the newspaper websites i've been trawling today whilst i should be working. But i read that he has a 4m gbp loyalty bonus if he honours his full contract with PSG. Which means end of June. IMO the deals done and Man Utd are saving 4m - or letting Zlatan have his cash - by not doing this now. it's the version i like anyway. Surely JoMo and Zlatan have have had a quiet call already?

Mr Smith

As a United fan I'd desperate to play for the club if they wanted to sign me, but if my current employers tell me that I get a multi million pound bonus if I don't officially leave until 30th June then I'd be staying put for a few weeks as well.
Do you realise how much Ibrahimovic earns/is worth/stands to make with us? In any case I'm less concerned about him waiting it out for his loyalty bonus and more concerned about his antics in the media. I was not impressed with that fake announcement deadline, or his rubbish about enjoying the media's speculation and wanting to drag it out (whether or not that's a smokescreen).

Status
Not open for further replies.