Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dasty

When the conversation veered towards the morality of football salaries in the modern world and in times of recession, Ibrahimovic responded: “Do you know how much tax I pay?” The reporter pointed out that the 75-percent tax rate on high earners hasn’t been in force since January 2015. “Great. Are you sure? Because I can assure you that it is me who does my tax returns. I help this country a lot. What type of a president is François Hollande? I do more for this country than him.”
At least he pay taxes, better than Messi already :drool:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I reckon this loyalty bonus is BS.

It's good to wait a little anyway. This thread needs 200+ pages.
I think so too. I think what is causing the delay in confirmation is either two things.
A: The club wants a 1 year deal with the option of a second that they can activate, but Ibrahimovic wants a proper 2 year deal (I've seen one or two murmurs about that from some Twitter journalists), or, B: that he is a back-up plan should Mourinho not manage his first choice younger striker. Somebody like Morata, or whoever. Maybe somebody who'll just sprout up from nowhere like Bailly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think so too. I think what is causing the delay in confirmation is either two things.
A: The club wants a 1 year deal with the option of a second that they can activate, but Ibrahimovic wants a proper 2 year deal (I've seen one or two murmurs about that from some Twitter journalists), or, B: that he is a back-up plan should Mourinho not manage his first choice younger striker. Somebody like Morata, or whoever. Maybe somebody who'll just sprout up from nowhere like Bailly.
Or maybe it's signed, pending him getting injured in the euros!

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He may also try to negociate the right to play at the Olympics.

murphs_law

That said Ibrahimović is clearly above most of the footballers he is an genius and has scored 50 goals in 51 games for PSG last year - doesnt look like that his powers are fading, does it?
I didn't want to bring this up but... Tony Cascarino scored 61 in 84 for marseille and 44 in 2 seasons for nancy, aged 34-38. After being dumped by celtic and chelsea for not scoring.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I didn't want to bring this up but... Tony Cascarino scored 61 in 84 for marseille and 44 in 2 seasons for nancy, aged 34-38. After being dumped by celtic and chelsea for not scoring.
That was in French second division mate.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
:lol: at least check the facts properly first

podurban2

On what seperates this Euro from the last one: "I am much better than I was four years ago".
:lol:

Fingeredmouse

We've got to sign him because it just has to be fun in some way surely? If you don't want him, it merely shows a curmudgeonly spirit as far as I'm concerned. Sign the nutter....and I'm sure we already have.

Riverized157

Supports
Benfica
Oh come on! :) Its not like Ibra has just found is scoring boots, the men has scored goals everywhere - Inter, Juventus, Milan and Barcelona.

That said there is no risk free transfer in the world of football - even Kaka floped at Madrid and Shevchenko was arguably the best striker in the world when he moved to Chelsea at his prime and still floped.

So yes Ibra can fail in England, there is always that chance, but being a free transfer on one year contract and with is curriculum I find it very hard to find some other transfer that can give you guys more assurance.

murphs_law

He had 33 goals in 83 games in France Division 1. Decent but not that impressive.
he was 36 when he went to nancy and marseille we demmoted for match fixing same as juve. Even when they won the division they were not allowed be promoted.
Nice propaganda ;) I confirm Marseille was in the 2nd division between 94 and 96.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/FootballFicheJoueur2594.html
No propaganda. These are fachts and it points to the standard of french football. Just another aged big lad able bang em in the french league. Its way more then he got for chelsea or celtic

podurban2

Oh come on! :) Its not like Ibra has just found is scoring boots, the men has scored goals everywhere - Inter, Juventus, Milan and Barcelona.

That said there is no risk free transfer in the world of football - even Kaka floped at Madrid and Shevchenko was arguably the best striker in the world when he moved to Chelsea at his prime and still floped.

So yes Ibra can fail in England, there is always that chance, but being a free transfer on one year contract and with is curriculum I find it very hard to find some other transfer that can give you guys more assurance.
Good post there.

murphs_law

Fixed.

These are fachts and it points to the standard of French second tier football over 20 years ago.
You mean when they went to a champions league final twice in 3 years and are still the only french winner of the champions league? Even if it was under a cloud. Yea... must a been rubbish standard because its over 20 years ago. Its a similar record to chelseas

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I am not sure to understand the debate:

The debate is "Should we acquire the French league or the player Zlatan?" :confused:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You mean when they went to a champions league final twice in 3 years and are still the only french winner of the champions league? Even if it was under a cloud. Yea... must a been rubbish standard because its over 20 years ago. Its a similar record to chelseas
I don't get what you mean? That Marseille were a great side playing in Ligue 2?

murphs_law

I don't get what you mean? That Marseille were a great side playing in Ligue 2?
Do you not remember the match fixing?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/5172576.stm

Marseille were stripped of the French title that season and later relegated to the second division over financial regularities.
They were also unable to defend their European crown the following season after being thrown out of the competition by Uefa.

They had some team them days...

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Do you not remember the match fixing?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/5172576.stm

Marseille were stripped of the French title that season and later relegated to the second division over financial regularities.
They were also unable to defend their European crown the following season after being thrown out of the competition by Uefa.

They had some team them days...
I know that. I'm just wondering what your point is?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So, hang on, is the state of the old Division One from 20 years ago now indicative of the quality of the current Premier League?

addo

Sweden coach Erik Hamrén has stated that Ibra is free to negotiate but would not be allowed to fly to Manchester to close anything of course.. He was asked about Manchester specifically.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
So, hang on, is the state of the old Division One from 20 years ago now indicative of the quality of the current Premier League?
John Aldridge was the top scorer in Division One 20 years ago with 27 goals for Tranmere at the age of 37. Just shows how shite English football is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.