g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny19

As the days go by I'm really starting to not want this guy. He is 35 for Christ sake. He also plays like a number 10 more than a 9. Him and rooney will butt heads at least 5 times during a single game.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Problem with playing Rashford in a 433 is that Mourinho hardly plays a 433 and wants his wingers to be hard working. Rashford is not that.

However, I wouldn't mind playing Zlatan in the number 10 while Rashford plays upfront, then we could get a hard working right winger like Mkhitaryan to compensate. Zlatan almost plays like a number 10 anyway dropping deep and moving forward. It could work, but we will have to see.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
It may be your thing and I'm not being judgmental, but people normally wouldn't put mother-in-law's underwear on their birthday wishlist. Just saying.
My MIL thinks new underwear is a necessity at every occasion. It's never been asked for.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Too much smoke here. Fair to assume he's transferring to United. Bayern has Lewa already.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Zlatan is not just another ageing star

In that regard the club should have moved on Carrick, not given Rooney a contract extension, stayed away from Falcao and possibly Schweinsteiger but the one older star that is still actually good and scores 50 goals for PSG, no we should not sign that one for free... caftard logic at its finest
If by giving him this extension the plan is to have him start Thu-Sun and be our main midfielder, then it is stupid. If the club was signing a 35 year old Carrick to be the lynch pin of our midfield, then it would have been stupider.

Rooney contract extension was not the soundest decision. Now we are struck with a declining star on huge wages.

We probably should have stayed away from Falcao. He was atrocious for us.

Schweinsteiger was another daft buy from us. Everyone and his dog knew about his injury problems. Then a few months in, the idiot in-charge decided to tell the world that 'he wasn't the midfielder that he was in the past'. Really, Mr Philosopher? You don't think that he is not the player he was in the past. Shocking! Even more astonishing was seeing him world over watching Ivanovic when he should have been working on getting his fitness back.

But hey, Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger! Caftard logic or whatever at it's finest.

Bwuk

Get the Olympics to feck, need our full team from the start and get off to a winning run.

rollingstoned1

If by giving him this extension the plan is to have him start Thu-Sun and be our main midfielder, then it is stupid. If the club was signing a 35 year old Carrick to be the lynch pin of our midfield, then it would have been stupider.

Rooney contract extension was not the soundest decision. Now we are struck with a declining star on huge wages.

We probably should have stayed away from Falcao. He was atrocious for us.

Schweinsteiger was another daft buy from us. Everyone and his dog knew about his injury problems. Then a few months in, the idiot in-charge decided to tell the world that 'he wasn't the midfielder that he was in the past'. Really, Mr Philosopher? You don't think that he is not the player he was in the past. Shocking! Even more astonishing was seeing him world over watching Ivanovic when he should have been working on getting his fitness back.

But hey, Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger! Caftard logic or whatever at it's finest.
Agreed, for all those recent signings of ageing players that have been panned in hindsight, at the time they were greeted with relative glee on here. The only ageing player we signed who had a halfway efficacious impact for me was Larsson, none of Blanc, Owen, Falcao, Schweinsteiger have been all that useful. I do realize Ibra hasn't had injury troubles and is coming off a 50 goal season but that doesn't make it a sure thing, it's a lot more likely that he scores around 15-20 goals while we move heaven and earth just to accommodate him and Rooney in the same XI. I'm a little skeptical of this move that won't exactly be inexpensive either even if i disregard the opportunity cost.

AndyJ1985

Assuming we sign him, I wouldn't be happy if he were to go to the Olympics. If we're going to pay obscene wages to get a years service from him then he has to have a proper pre-season and he has to be ready to hit the ground running from the very start i.e. the community shield. It's just not on to have him playing football all summer and risk injury or tiring himself out.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
I can just picture Chiellini or someone breaking him up now and ruining our season before it's even started.

We just have to pray he comes through the Euros OK and raises us to the level of the big teams again.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Feck the Olympics.

Norris

The Swedish coach also said that he wasn't very hopeful that Zlatan will participate.
Yeah, but the coach wouldn't have included his name in the provisional list if Zlatan himself did not contemplate it. I guess if Sweden get knocked out early in the Euros, it's very likely he might be off to Rio.

Nicklas

Yeah, but the coach wouldn't have included his name in the provisional list if Zlatan himself did not contemplate it. I guess if Sweden get knocked out early in the Euros, it's very likely he might be off to Rio.
No, and there's no secret that Zlatan wants to play in the Olympics. I think there's no way we're gonna let him play the Olympics with him already at the Euros.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
No, and there's no secret that Zlatan wants to play in the Olympics. I think there's no way we're gonna let him play the Olympics with him already at the Euros.
There ere reports in Italy that the club and Zlatan are still arguing on is issue. It seems he's intent on going.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Sad thing about the swedish Olympics team is that it will be better than the seniors. Full of promising Euro U21 champions.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
If he chooses to play in the Olympics he can feck off to China. I want players that are 100% committed and focused on the new season - Community Shield or not.

Norris

Honestly, I wouldn't mind. It's his last chance to get a medal and it's not like we have strikers in short supply. But it will mess up his conditioning though. He'd be too ragged without proper rest.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
If he chooses to play in the Olympics he can feck off to China. I want players that are 100% committed and focused on the new season - Community Shield or not.
You better get used to it. It's Zlatan's way or no way.

This is the trade off for signing an egotist. In his head we'd just be lucky to be in his presence. There's no commitment or loyalty to our fans or anyone other than Zlatan.

GJNJ

I think the fact that the Swedish coach thinks it is unlikely means that he won't be going but if the deal fell through to United (we pulled out) then he would probably go. Assumption that if he doesn't go to United he will go to China.

GiddyUp

I'm in favour of the signing but can certainly see why some would not be

But does this thread have to be exclusively posts kissing zlatans bum hole?
I've kissed worse. I heard it speaks five languages and smells like a peach bellini.

Status
Not open for further replies.