Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parry Gallister

If we can get him on a rolling one year contract I'd have no objections, no matter how much we pay him. Can imagine him potentially having an impact akin to RVP's for a season or two. Big if though, I'd imagine he'd want the security of a two-three year deal.

Man-United

I will be more than happy to have him just for one season. We must do everything to make sure we finish top 3 next season and have a guaranted place in the Champions League again. But I think he can get us the league title already next year.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Terrible station but they're talking about this on Talksport now and presenters seem generally positive about this, on the whole.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
This could be the first and decisive sign of Mourinho's unwillingness to feck around. No more bullshit decisions regarding transfers, if it's right, we get it done.

I, for one, welcome our new god king legend.

Man-United

Getting Zlatan would be the best signing for any club this summer. Hope this is true.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Dare to Zlatan :drool:

Woodward has redeemed himself this week.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Im really excited for the press conference and unveiling. Mourinho and Zlatan is a combo to bring fear to anyone

Man-United

Having Zlatan to join the club and continue as a coach could be interesting. I imagine Zlatan having a lot of contacts out there with players willing to join if he's here.

Dobbs

Champions League knock out sides are much better than the general Premier League sides.

It's completely different trying to score against the likes of Juve, Atletico, Barca, Bayern etc, than trying to score against Swansea, Sunderland, Bournemouth ffs.
His goalscoring record in France has been repeated and heralded throughout this thread with no mention of the opposition. Soon as I bring up a less than favourable stat the quality of opposition suddenly becomes a factor. Can't have it both ways.

It a very average almost poor record, strikers with much lower reputations have done better. He's not always up against Barcelona or A Madrid either. In addition the very best tend to replicate their league form in ECL knockout. The differing standard doesn't seem to affect them that much. Does it not bother you at all?

You say it's harder to score against Bayern but actually we attack much better against teams who come out and play. It's against teams that sit deep like Bournemouth that we've had problems.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Zlatan as assistant :lol:

Funny if he's announced before Jose! Or before we announce Van Gaal's gone at this rate.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
His goalscoring record in France has been repeated and heralded throughout this thread with no mention of the opposition. Soon as I bring up a less than favourable stat the quality of opposition suddenly becomes a factor. Can't have it both ways.

It a very average almost poor record, strikers with much lower reputations have done better. He's not always up against Barcelona or A Madrid either. In addition the very best tend to replicate their league form in ECL knockout. The differing standard doesn't seem to affect them that much. Does it not bother you at all?

You say it's harder to score against Bayern but actually we attack much better against teams who come out and play. It's against teams that sit deep like Bournemouth that we've had problems.
I think his bombastic nature make people more willing to ignore his flaws. One of the greatest entertainers in the game for a generation but I really question if he's on the level that a lot of people think he is. Looks like we might be about to find out next season!

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
His agent is dutch?
Born in Italy but lived in Holland since he was a toddler...
Most on here hate him due to the fact he is Pogbas agent... though he has some good clients
Zlatan and Pogba being the best know two but also Matuti, Lukaku, Donnarumma, Mkhitaryan, oh and not forgetting Ballotelli
Must be quote rich with that client bank!

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Watch his free kicks go to shit playing for a bigger club :(

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Does anyone know if De Telegraf are reliable?
Not sure about Sports news, but it's among the better papers in the Netherlands, they have a good reputation. The wording of the article seems to leave no doubt about it as well. I think this is happening.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Zlatan would be an excellent signing. Get a couple of skillful pacey attackers to compliment him and we've got an attack that's a real force again.

Treble

Ronaldo's goals to games ratio in the CL is about the same as in La Liga. Only Zlatan's is dramatically different. This season, the best in Zlatan's entire career so far, Ronaldo has scored 16 CL goals vs. 4 CL golas for Zlatan. Why this difference?

You're making valuable points but you are wasting your time in this thread. It's full with people who think we are signing a player who will destroy PL defences for fun. However, if Mourinho wants Zlatan, then we have to sign him and see what happens. I'm not optimsitic about Zlatan's influence here but Mourinho must know much better than us after all.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
A season or two of Ibra would certainly be entertaining! I'm sure Rashford would love to train and play with him. Could learn a huge amount from one of the best strikers of the last 10 years.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I would be excited with Zlatan on his own. But him and Rooney in the same attack scares me shitless.

Gasolin

Zlatan will be useless even if he's free. Rashford has nothing to learn from Ibra as he's more a Brazilian Ronaldo type of player. And he's a really bad influence in the locker room.

SirAF

Ageist
Absolutely wouldn't mind Zlatan as a free agent on a 1 year contract :drool:

Man-United

Zlatan will be useless even if he's free. Rashford has nothing to learn from Ibra as he's more a Brazilian Ronaldo type of player. And he's a really bad influence in the locker room.
How was Zlatan when you played with him? As you seem in the know.

Treble

I would be excited with Zlatan on his own. But him and Rooney in the same attack scares me shitless.
Me too. Add to them Bastian and we'll end up with three of the most expensive players in the world with average age 33+. Rebuilding.

Status
Not open for further replies.