Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

Relatively new to silly season here, but has the caf ever been so certain of a transfer before? What will it be like if he doesn't come?!
Oh that could get messy lol.

Theres a few in here who would be genuinely devastated.

ti vu

Why do they bother doing that though ? With respect, if that's obvious to you do you not think it's obvious to the astute money men running United ?
Everton was thrown in for Mourinho too! Businessmen just want to be looked as busy.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

There is points talking against us signing Zlatan, i mean, Mourinho is all about "defending from the front" and Zlatan is a bit of a passenger in that regard.
I'm not saying it couldn't work out, but you would think Mourinho would go for a younger option like Morata if he had the choice or maybe not.

Obviously with him being a free transfer talks for us signing him and should i bet right now i would put my money on him coming here.

Bojan11

We were all excited about Bastian at the time in fairness. He has been useful at times.
To be fair lots of people had reservations about his injury record. Pretty sure Schneiderlin beat him in a poll if we had a choice to sign one.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
To be fair lots of people had reservations about his injury record. Pretty sure Schneiderlin beat him in a poll if we had a choice to sign one.
But on the contrary alot of us were muppeting out at the time too, people have there reservations about Mourinho and Zlatan too, im just making the point of the surprise factor.

reddevilz007

Oh that could get messy lol.

Theres a few in here who would be genuinely devastated.
I'd be pissed big time.

Zlatan could be the catalyst to a whole new beginning after three seasons of misery, boredom, frustration. The only positives I see is the youth (Martial, Rashford especially; but we have a few good ones waiting for their opportunities which I hope Mourinho will give) and keeping De Gea.

andy0

Some stupid story in the Sun says if he does come, you can't buy a shirt with more than 10 letters in the name.

They even point out themselves that there are Schweinsteiger Schneiderlin and Borthwick-Jackson. And doesn't Ander Herrera have his first name on there too, so that's another?

Nutty journalism.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Some stupid story in the Sun says if he does come, you can't buy a shirt with more than 10 letters in the name.

They even point out themselves that there are Schweinsteiger Schneiderlin and Borthwick-Jackson. And doesn't Ander Herrera have his first name on there too, so that's another?

Nutty journalism.
Grade A journalism in the UK right now.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Have any of you lot considered the possibility that Zlatan might just be a supreme troll and he's actually off to China?

andy0

Have any of you lot considered the possibility that Zlatan might just be a supreme troll and he's actually off to China?
Maybe, and the smile was only because he was amused by the reporter not pronouncing Jose properly

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nope. Personality's like him want to be in the spot light all the time. Do you really see him being happy retiring off to China in the wilderness? No chance. He knows this move could make him an even bigger star than he is today, he's got business outside of football and is probably hoping it'll "beckhamise" his franchise.

stevoc

:lol: Devasted? No but surprised & disappointed sure because the team is boring.
What would you know you don't even support United :p

Seriously though mate i think theres a few United fans on here who would be heartbroken if this didn't happen now.

I've came around to the idea myself and i'd be disappointed i have to admit.

RikRuud

35 in October. When will that first match be when we start to think, is he declining? have his legs gone?
Don't want.
He uses his body wisely and will know his limitations. He's in ridiculous shape and most would be right behind this signing. I for one hope he does sign. He's 34 and one of the best players in the world he would bring back a much needed ruthless streak and fear factor to our squad.

Jackylad

I'm sure there's a Teddy Sheringham discussion to be had here. He was 32 when he signed, and 33 when he scored in the '99 CL and FA Cup finals.

Doubt we would have been paying him £220k a week back then tho...

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'm sure there's a Teddy Sheringham discussion to be had here. He was 32 when he signed, and 33 when he scored in the '99 CL and FA Cup finals.

We wouldn't have been paying anyone that back then, and even he wasn't of the status of Ibra anyway.

SSSSnake

Expecting this to be announced over the weekend. Ibra probably waiting for this to be finalised before committing to United.

van Persie

Why do people make out like all footballers age at the same rate?
No idea. There's many other factors that play in on how a player age. For a guy like Ibra who just finished his best season of four in PSG I have little to no doubt he's got at least another good season left in him. He never really had any major issues with injuries, at least not in recent years, and he's a player that never relied on pace. Just a brilliant football mind, strenght and technique.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Why do people make out like all footballers age at the same rate?
I do not think this is the case. However,35 is really old for a Footballer.
Zlatan is nearly as old as myself and I am thanking god for each day which I still do not Need a chair lift in my house.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
No idea. There's many other factors that play in on how a player age. For a guy like Ibra who just finished his best season of four in PSG I have little to no doubt he's got at least another good season left in him. He never really had any major issues with injuries, at least not in recent years, and he's a player that never relied on pace. Just a brilliant football mind, strenght and technique.
Exactly.

I do not think this is the case. However,35 is really old for a Footballer.
Zlatan is nearly as old as myself and I am thanking god for each day which I still do not Need a chair lift in my house.
Yea but you're not a professional athlete and again it comes down to everyone being different.

You can't just say "35 is too old for a footballer" because in some cases it blatantly isn't.

stevoc

Not that it's a big difference but he was actually 31 when he signed.

But he actually had his best season for us when he was almost 35 so i get your point.

Back then the whole first team was probably on £250k a week combined :p

John Blund

Henrik Larsson were 34-35 when we had him on loan for 3-4 months. SAF always said he made a "huge" impact.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
The scenario at MUFC currently:

We have Jose Mourinho as manager.

We're going to sign the magnificent footballing bastard that is Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

It's friday.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
What would you know you don't even support United :p
I am a second-class supporter of MUFC :cool: Otherwise, I won't be here :)

Seriously though mate i think theres a few United fans on here who would be heartbroken if this didn't happen now.

I've came around to the idea myself and i'd be disappointed i have to admit.
I agree with you.

Some are overly pessimistic regarding the midterm & long-term future of United because they have experienced only continued successes.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The scenario at MUFC currently:

We have Jose Mourinho as manager.

We're going to sign the magnificent footballing bastard that is Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

It's friday.
I feel like taking a half day to go on the piss in celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.