g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Álvaro Morata | Performances

He reminded me of RVN yesterday. Terrific performance. Let's hope he's just a flash in the pan! It's good to have to have the best players in our league. Very happy with Lukaku though.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I thought the Premier League was supposed to be a much harder league to score in than La Liga and Cristiano and Messi would struggle to hit their insane numbers there?
Morata was just lucky it wasn't away at Sto... Shit.

Edit: Morata was just lucky it wasn't a cold Tuesday night.

Ban

What a stupid thing to say as a United fan.
Thy. I'm just happy for the guy after all this shit he got from some of the posters. He's a nice guy and a like him, we were interested and he almost became our player. Him doing good is good for PL and english football in general.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He looks fantastic. I like his kind of striker much more than Lukaku. Hopefully our striker has the better season.

Canagel

If he keeps performing like that then Madrid will definitely come back again. I dont think that we will have the same problem with Lukaku which is why I feel more safe with him because he will be here much longer I believe.

Needham

Check out this highlight reel. He was bang average apart from the hat trick.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Doesn't really matter if he was 'bang average' as long as he puts the ball back in the net. I said it earlier and I'll say it again, both strikers are a perfect fit for their playstyle at their respective clubs.

To give a definite answer as to who has been better when their records are pretty much similar in first 2 months is ridiculous, some fans will always feel grass is greener on the other side. If we had bought him and Chelsea had bought Lukaku, we'd be hearing similar opinions on how Lukaku has been better.

And the grass is always greener on the other side, baby's got a new car that you wanna drive...
Well said.

SirMattBugsby

Doesn't really matter if he was 'bang average' as long as he puts the ball back in the net. I said it earlier and I'll say it again, both strikers are a perfect fit for their playstyle at their respective clubs.

To give a definite answer as to who has been better when their records are pretty much similar in first 2 months is ridiculous, some fans will always feel grass is greener on the other side. If we had bought him and Chelsea had bought Lukaku, we'd be hearing similar opinions on how Lukaku has been better.
Both of them would have done well even if they had swapped clubs imo. Morata would have linked up well with United's attacking trio and Lukaku would have offered a physical presence similar to Costa at Chelsea.

Both are quality forwards, period. Conte and Mourinho were happy as long as they got one of them.

Traub

He definitely comes across as the foreign 'sexier' signing when compared to Lukaku.

However, hindsight is a wonderful thing, and don't forget they're both going into two completely different teams. Lukaku has joined a largely disjointed attack still finding itself. Having played for Everton, he'll be a lot more used to his fellow attackers just not performing. On the other hand, Morata has joined the champions of two of the past three seasons and can seemlessly slot into Costa's place of a very fluid and well oiled attack. He also comes from the best team in the world.

Whether either could switch teams and still perform is clearly up for debate. However, Lukaku was and is the right striker for our team right now IMO.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Watching him outpace Fletcher for his second was painful to watch. Fletcher looked like he had lead weights in his boots. :lol:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Spent whole summer in his transfer thread, thought he has a potential to be a brilliant striker so I'm not surprised. He is also a confidence player so this start will do him a world of good.

On the other hand, quite happy with the striker we have. Both are immense in my opinion.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Check out this highlight reel. He was bang average apart from the hat trick.

Apart from the goals, what has Lukaku done for us that's so spectacular?

Bang average apart from the hattrick?!?!?! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That 2nd goal reminded me of Torres at his peak
It was a comparison that often came up for those in defence of Morata in the transfer thread. Like Torres, I think he just needed that breakout season as first choice striker for the entire season. His last season at Real was very similar to Torres' at Atletico, statistically speaking.

haram

Caf shat on Matic, Perisic, Morata, Lukaku, probably even more this window just gone.

OneUnited24

And the grass is always greener on the other side, baby's got a new car that you wanna drive...
:lol: This is so true.

Had we got Morata i'm sure people here would complain because hes not that consistent. Only scoring is bursts like Berba!

RonW

Honestly, I hope this guy does well at Chelsea, so far he's a good player but I feel like Lukaku is slightly better than him. He does sound like a good, humble and down to earth guy which is what we don't we don't see him in Football anymore.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
He's ridiculously good, better than I thought I have to say. Unlucky not to have 5 or 6 yesterday. He can dribble with close control at full pace and he is pacey, great off the ball, agile, powerful and reasonably clinical with good link up play. I hate to say all that because I was hoping he'd flop

I like him and would have been happy with him here, but I do feel like he's the kind of player PL defenders might figure out after a few months. Lukaku obviously is not like that.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Guys I think Needham meant this in a sarcastic way :)

I can understand that Real fans are a bit pissed that he went and Benzema stayed.

Z_Wolf

Not one bit surprise at his goal scoring ability but it's in the big or tight games where he has to.improve, the same criticsm that lukaku also has. I feel both are solid solid strikers and unlike most chelsea fans who just bad mouth.lukaku, most of the united fans do respect morata
He has scored twice against RM in a CL semi final, 1 vs City in CL knockout game, 1 vs Barca in the final of the CL etc. He has already proved he's capable of scoring against the best teams on the biggest stages.

AshRK

He has scored twice against RM in a CL semi final, 1 vs City in CL knockout game, 1 vs Barca in the final of the CL etc. He has already proved he's capable of scoring against the best teams on the biggest stages.
I am talking about this season. He looked average against Tottenham and arsenal , the two big game he has played in. He could do well against city next week though.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Both of them would have done well even if they had swapped clubs imo. Morata would have linked up well with United's attacking trio and Lukaku would have offered a physical presence similar to Costa at Chelsea.

I said it from the off though and I still believe it, Morata was much more suited to our style of play once our front 3 of hazard pedro morata actually play together.

I've watched Hazards link up with lukaku at belgium and I don't feel that understanding is completely there, with Morata it certainly will be.

Both are quality forwards, period. Conte and Mourinho were happy as long as they got one of them.
Agreed both different players and both really good value signings when you consider age.

RedCurry

Thy. I'm just happy for the guy after all this shit he got from some of the posters. He's a nice guy and a like him, we were interested and he almost became our player. Him doing good is good for PL and english football in general.
A lot of posters here also insult Liverpool all the time. Perhaps you would also feel happy for them if they win the league. That would also be great for PL. Also James Milner comes across as a nice guy, so you must feel happy when he scores?

SirMattBugsby

A lot of posters here also insult Liverpool all the time. Perhaps you would also feel happy for them if they win the league. That would also be great for PL. Also James Milner comes across as a nice guy, so you must feel happy when he scores?
He likes who he likes. If that annoys you, deal with it. I had a boyhood/man-crush on Fernando Torres and always have time for Özil, so I can assure you it cannot be helped sometimes.

RedCurry

He likes who he likes. If that annoys you, deal with it. I had a boyhood/man-crush on Fernando Torres and always have time for Özil, so I can assure you it cannot be helped sometimes.
If you have a problem with me having a problem then just deal with it.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He looks very good for Chelsea, already looks like a bargain there...

SATA

I think i will always have a soft spot for him as he wanted to come here and even allegedly dyed his hair red. Just that we wouldn't cough up what Madrid wanted for him

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not really. He is much more technically accomplished on the ball and I simply prefer the kind of striker he is as compared to the kind of striker Lukaku is. That, however, doesn't mean he will necessarily prove to be the better player. There is a lot else that also goes into determining who will outperform the other, such as the mental side of things. On that count, we'll just have to see and it's to early to tell either way.

Who is giving a definitive answer? The post quoted in the post you patted on the back certainly didn't echo either of the sentiments you moan about (grass being greener or giving a definitive answer).

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
United not getting Morata is gonna piss me off weekly for the next 7 years or something :lol: