Álvaro Morata | Performances

cyberman

Why are you another Lukaku fan boy and it hurts the notion that he's not as good as you think if he is comparative to Morata?
What are you talking about?
The only time stats such as minutes to goals are wheeled out is when your favourite is so far behind that it's the only way you can form an argument.
He scored two against Forest but he's so bad Chelsea actually choose to play without a striker.
He might get a few 10 minute cameos over the next month, score one and have his goals to minutes be at 3 in 130 minutes.
Yay Morata.
Sub strikers tend to have good goals to minutes ratios and that's what Morata has never started more than 16 league games in his entire career at 26 years old while Lukaku is closing in on 200 senior goals v Morata 69 despite being a younger man.

But hey..those goals to minutes ratios huh? I just seen that Pogba has 13 senior goals less than striker Morata and his main criticism is to get into the box and score more! And he's a midfielder

Mcking

I am doing a direct comparison.

You are being selective. Who cares about international football. Does Lukaku have Rooney or Owen as competition? Again stop trying to bend circumstance. Comparing PL record is the best direct comparison and as said marginally better. I mean, i bet you have never seen Bent play so the actual comparison in style has gone over your head
We are both doing direct comparison, you are the one that is being selective, selecting only the premier league - a competition in which Lukaku still have the far better record.
Lukaku is a much better footballer and much better goalscorer than Bent. Bent wouldn't have had many seasons in the Championship if he was anywhere near Lukaku's level. Lukaku is a very good EPL and international striker, Bent is a mediocre striker with a good EPL record. Bent was up against Rooney and Owen, but was also up against Defoe and Crouch - you can check the latter two's international record.
This is of course the Morata thread, so I will say no more. Apologies mods for derailing the thread!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Its stating facts, if you actually saw him play and are just not going off stats. Lukaku and Bent are very similar. It's why when Bent moved up a level to Spurs he was not used as much as he was found out as a limited player for a topish... club. Same with Lukaku, hes not and will never be a top level player good enough to lead a top team.
He's very lucky he had Mou, as manager who stuck with him, even when he was performing terribly. If goals are the only thing to take into account, if United had signed Morata, and Mou stuck with him even when playing bad, iam pretty sure he would have as good as record as Lukaku has at United.

If you compare over the last two seasons Morata offers a goal every 177 minutes, compared to Lukakus 162 minutes, pretty sure that evens its self out a bit if Morata was given the run Lukaku had. Neither are top quality, but when people say its no comparison, eh, yeah it is, maybe not from subjective points of views...but stat wise it's closer then people probably thought
There's a reason Morata hasn't got the run of games at Chelsea...
It's all subjective until you look at the evidence, but if you want you can ignore it and add in the imaginary goals Morata would 'probably' score given a few more games??
Spurs were not a 'topish' club back then, the odd foray into the top four/minor cup final does not a 'topish' club make and he was Spurs too goalscorer over the likes of Keane I believe for a season.

Alabaster Codify7

He's rubbish and his body language is disgraceful. I've never seen a player look so utterly gutted to be somewhere for a long, long time.

I'd be furious if he was at United. We may not have hit a home-run with Lukaku, but we certainly dodged a fecking bullet with this melt.

starman

What are you talking about?
The only time stats such as minutes to goals are wheeled out is when your favourite is so far behind that it's the only way you can form an argument.
He scored two against Forest but he's so bad Chelsea actually choose to play without a striker.
He might get a few 10 minute cameos over the next month, score one and have his goals to minutes be at 3 in 130 minutes.
Yay Morata.
Sub strikers tend to have good goals to minutes ratios and that's what Morata has never started more than 16 league games in his entire career at 26 years old while Lukaku is closing in on 200 senior goals v Morata 69 despite being a younger man.

But hey..those goals to minutes ratios huh? I just seen that Pogba has 13 senior goals less than striker Morata and his main criticism is to get into the box and score more! And he's a midfielder
We are both doing direct comparison, you are the one that is being selective, selecting only the premier league - a competition in which Lukaku still have the far better record.
Lukaku is a much better footballer and much better goalscorer than Bent. Bent wouldn't have had many seasons in the Championship if he was anywhere near Lukaku's level. Lukaku is a very good EPL and international striker, Bent is a mediocre striker with a good EPL record. Bent was up against Rooney and Owen, but was also up against Defoe and Crouch - you can check the latter two's international record.
This is of course the Morata thread, so I will say no more. Apologies mods for derailing the thread!
There's a reason Morata hasn't got the run of games at Chelsea...
It's all subjective until you look at the evidence, but if you want you can ignore it and add in the imaginary goals Morata would 'probably' score given a few more games??
Spurs were not a 'topish' club back then, the odd foray into the top four/minor cup final does not a 'topish' club make and he was Spurs too goalscorer over the likes of Keane I believe for a season.
Its funny how much it hurts you guys when reality kicks in that's he is comparable to Bent. Lukaku is simply not a very footballer, not as good as you lot think he is. You guys are really desperate defending him so much.

Maybe because you are a blind lukaku hater.
Nah, i am just not a fan boy:rolleyes:. Yup, so blind i was saying months and months ago Rashford should be playing ahead of him, and look where we are now, there for everyone to see how much better the flow of the team is...

But you guys carry on...but maybe take your worship and defence of him here, https://www.redcafe.net/threads/romelu-lukaku-2018-19-performances.440063/page-137 ,this is a thread about Morota, after all...

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Think Lukaku and Morata are both useless but at least Lukaku has a track record of scoring goals in his previous campaigns and looks to have at least that trait back somewhat so far under Ole. Morata on the other hand just seems awful.

Maybe more pitch time will help Morata but he won't get that as a striker for a team that wants to win trophies.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Mourinho made him untouchable for no reason, even when he went 9 games without scoring and was horrible. He scored 16 goals in the league last season playing in almost every minute of every game, this is not an impressive record.

Which is irrelevant to the point. Morata did not get any where nrar those 16 goals last season. He imstead crumbled under the pressure at Chelsea.

Also, all thus talk of those 16 goals being 'not impressive' is plain lame given no other United player got any where near.

InfiniteBoredom

Which is irrelevant to the point. Morata did not get any where nrar those 16 goals last season. He imstead crumbled under the pressure at Chelsea.

Also, all thus talk of those 16 goals being 'not impressive' is plain lame given no other United player got any where near.
Morata 17/18 EPL stats: 11 goals, 6 assists, 2065 minutes
Lukaku 17/18 EPL stats: 16 goals, 7 assists, 2869 minutes

so basically the latter score about 45% more goals playing in 40% more minutes. If Morata was a failure (he was) then you just have to conclude that we hardly got a good deal ourselves.

LoveFootball

If Martial wasn't unfairly treated and booted out of the team by that vile man to accommodate a washed up ex Arsenal star who was already in decline, he'd have bettered that Lukaku total; the same Lukaku who played in almost every single minute with full confidence and was in the form of his career playing for a manager who gave him a Messi's like statue and made him untouchable to score the mediocre total of 16 league goals that some fans are painted like it was an impressive, marvelous, extraordinary return for a striker we're buying 90M and giving 200M on wage.

Morata didn't get near those 16? just read @InfiniteBoredom's and get answer. Morata crumbled under pressure at Chelsea, yes he did, and he has only himself to blame for that; but I'd like to see how our super star react when he face the same conditions.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
@Raoul Fair to say you were totally wrong on this one? He's been a colossal failure at Chelsea.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Mentality of a chicken. Spent half his time in this country on the floor .

Trizy

I don't watch Chelsea but are they the reason he is so bad or is he just shite?

I mean, surely Conte and Sarri could be just the wrong fit for him.

Hilarious how different him and Lukaku are but how they similar levels of being shite. Funnily enough, each of their weaknesses are the others strength. If we could mix the two players, you'd have a cracking striker :lol::lol:

Adisa

I don't watch Chelsea but are they the reason he is so bad or is he just shite?

I mean, surely Conte and Sarri could be just the wrong fit for him.

Hilarious how different him and Lukaku are but how they similar levels of being shite. Funnily enough, each of their weaknesses are the others strength. If we could mix the two players, you'd have a cracking striker :lol::lol:
Lukaku is far better. At least Lukaku wants to compete.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Just in time for the Madrid derby and other big games.

I think he'll be eligible for the champions League as well?

Reasonable fee if Atletico buy too.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
Morata has been starting games for Athleti.
They have Diego Costa, griezman, kalinic and morata to occupy the two central forward positions.

How is it that Morata is starting? Any injury issues or has he shown good form?

I am surprised

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Morata has been starting games for Athleti.
They have Diego Costa, griezman, kalinic and morata to occupy the two central forward positions.

How is it that Morata is starting? Any injury issues or has he shown good form?

I am surprised
Diego Costa was injured for over 2 month and is just coming back (first game imo). Kalinic got sidelined and Atletico tried to sell him, but he didn't want to leave. griezmann is always going to start and it will be between Diego Costa and Morata to lead the lines. Occasionally Angel Correa played up top with griezmann. I suspect that he'll be down the pecking order for this role, because he was only a emergency option to begin with.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
Diego Costa was injured for over 2 month and is just coming back (first game imo). Kalinic got sidelined and Atletico tried to sell him, but he didn't want to leave. griezmann is always going to start and it will be between Diego Costa and Morata to lead the lines. Occasionally Angel Correa played up top with griezmann. I suspect that he'll be down the pecking order for this role, because he was only a emergency option to begin with.
Thanks!!! :-)

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He's doing well for Atletico, took his goal yesterday very well calmly going around the keeper. 5 goals in 677 league minutes so far.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Always thought he had good movement off the last defender as he's showed a few times for Atletico.

I just think he lost lots of confidenc at Chelsea, didn't he say he hated living in London or did I imagine that? If you look back to his very early Chelsea form the hat trick at Stoke and the winner v Man. United were all excellent runs and finishes.

At Chelsea at the end he seemed to be doing a great Torres impression.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Always thought he had good movement off the last defender as he's showed a few times for Atletico.

I just think he lost lots of confidenc at Chelsea, didn't he say he hated living in London or did I imagine that? If you look back to his very early Chelsea form the hat trick at Stoke and the winner v Man. United were all excellent runs and finishes.

Yep his movement and work rate was always good, but then regularly fluffed the chances. Once the crowd got wind of it and moaned after every chance he soon lost confidence and it’s vicious circle.

He was very welbeck.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Wonder why he is finding it a lot easy to score in La Liga :annoyed:
Change of scenery and playing in a side that use his strengths better. He's a better player than what he showed at Chelsea, he isn't world class though. Very good movement and a good finisher when confident but was a shell of a man the last few months at Chelsea.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Heh. 6 goals in 14 vs 5 goals in 16 for chelsea this season. Not much of a difference.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

There were a lot of comparisons with Chelsea's version of Torres while he was here but they were always inaccurate.

Torres lost it to the point he became one of the worst strikers in the league, Morata still has the quality (i'd go as far as saying out of Roman era strikers only Drogba produced better than what we saw on his first 2 months, he was brilliant) but his lack of mental strength will always mean we will never see it consistentl.

Adisa

Has almost everything but he's incredibly soft.

Varun

Staff
He'll do very well at atletico if simeone stays there. Has a lot of ability but is a pussy and that's something that team and simeone will sort out no problem.