Gaming 1836 - The Europa Universalis 4 Experiment (Hands-off) - Map & stats in second post - Final Map and Stats update - Timelapse video

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
A holy war is a terrible thing… and it’s just about time we had one, inshallah.
As you sip your divine Egyptian brew and ponder upon the Pyramids, spare a thought for this humble Moroccan God from the West. I've been thinking - together, we've got more minarets than all of Christendom's cathedrals, so surely, we can outshine those heathen Catholics?

BFFs?

nimic

something nice
Scout
I'm reserving the right to do a Stellaris version, because that has a similar create-countries-easily vibe. Actually, now that I think about I feel like I'm definitely going to do that at some point, hopefully this year. If this one doesn't burn me out.

Also I guess I'll have to check out the state of EU4 > Victoria 3 converters when we're done with this one. It might not be super viable, because last time I checked it was quite basic. The fact that you're all new countries might make it hard to convert, maybe impossible? I might have to make an actual mod to convert into, or something. I might have to learn some better modding on my own to clean it up, but maybe that could be fun anyway.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I had a look at CK III this morning and it looks do-able in a similar vein to this one. Could be quite fun too given the different personal mechanics to the game!

nimic

something nice
Scout
I had a look at CK III this morning and it looks do-able in a similar vein to this one. Could be quite fun too given the different personal mechanics to the game!
Yeah definitely! If you're doing on please reserve me a spot :D

(Also please don't start it right away :lol:)

Anyway, I'm trying out a new graphical mod for EU4, let me know what you guys think. I think it looks a bit nicer, and it makes it a bit easier to see everyone. There's a minor glitch that happens around some coasts when zoomed out, but otherwise seems fine. (Click it)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Anyway, I'm trying out a new graphical mod for EU4, let me know what you guys think. I think it looks a bit nicer, and it makes it a bit easier to see everyone. There's a minor glitch that happens around some coasts when zoomed out, but otherwise seems fine. (Click it)

Definitely wouldn't. This experiment is nice because it means I can test it out in the meantime and see if I have the mental capacity to do it. :lol:

Also I think that looks much cleaner and better!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

That makes it 100x easier to see what's going on. Way better.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Too much planning for next game, too little terrorising of Crackers and Shakesey.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Okay I replaced the 1444 map (OP) with the new version too. I also took the screenshot from roughly the same spot as the 1472 and the test one here (1489). That way you could open them all and by going from one to the next it should be a lot easier to see how your country changed. I couldn't replace the 1472 one because I forgot to save the game, but it's the same spot anyway.

nimic

something nice
Scout
@AnotherLondonManc is having a Tunisian problem - I guess taking nine foreign culture, foreign religion provinces at once might have been a bit risky after all. He's also parked his entire army in not-Tunisia. Bold strategy, let's see if it pays off for him.

Phil Jones Face

Which UI is that? I use Sulphur's

I'm guessing the HRE haven't been able to pass many reforms

nimic

something nice
Scout
Which UI is that? I use Sulphur's

I'm guessing the HRE haven't been able to pass many reforms
It's Moulton's Graphical Map Pack. I used to use Graphical Map Improvements, but it didn't seem to have been updated when I came back to EU4 after a several years long break.

The Holy Roman Empire isn't getting anywhere, we ate too many members of the empire.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Fortunes can turn quickly in this game. Just a few years ago @Denis79 was a conquering powerhouse. Then he tried to rule @Tiber, which would rather be ruled by @hobbers. Not only did he lose a lot of provinces (all the green-striped were taken by hobbers), but he also lost his entire army in the process. Now he's being invaded by Hungary, but @Andycoleno9 also wants his cores back. And this time he brought a friend, the so-far sedentary @P-Nut. Unlikely P-Nut will get any land from the war, but at least it's some action.

Grib is conquered

nimic

something nice
Scout
We've lost our second player! @Grib seems to have been vanquished by @hobbers when I wasn't looking. Hobbers is becoming a bit of a problem for Europe.

He's dead but in theory he could still come back. His core provinces will stay for another 150 years, in which time he could be reborn either from being forcibly released by another country, or as the result of a rebellion.

Abizzz

I was hoping to have a go at Switzerland after no one chose it but really have to take some of those smaller states to the east first realistically. From what I can tell all the bullying of @Dan brought me nada.

RIP @Grib. We'll teach about you in our schools for centuries.

nimic

something nice
Scout
A lot is happening right now! @PSV's ruler died, and we have a good old Succession War on our hands. They chose to be ruled by @Salt Bailly over @V.O. At least V.O. brought some friends this time, most notably @adexkola, while Salt Bailly brought @hobbers who brought their now subject (not a vassal, but in a Personal Union) @Tiber. It looks like an unfair struggle, but the numbers aren't that uneven. The V.O.-coalition brought some artillery, which might prove decisive. Or not.

It's very unlikely they're going to suffer the fate of Denis79 no matter what happens, since their territories don't even border each other. They could be forced to release some countries from their provinces, though, which wouldn't be great either.

Phil Jones Face

Classic Ottomans :lol:

Europe is probably going to struggle against the hobbers horde for the next 200 years or so. Watch out Italy, Poland and Austria! A grand alliance is needed

nimic

something nice
Scout
Meanwhile, @Wing Attack Plan R is quietly busy conquering their way down both Africa and Arabia. Their conquests are largely low-value provinces so far, but if they keep stacking enough of those on top of each other they might eventually amount to something.

Holding both Mecca and Medina also has its benefits for a Muslim country.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
A lot is happening right now! @PSV's ruler died, and we have a good old Succession War on our hands. They chose to be ruled by @Salt Bailly over @V.O. At least V.O. brought some friends this time, most notably @adexkola, while Salt Bailly brought @hobbers who brought their now subject (not a vassal, but in a Personal Union) @Tiber. It looks like an unfair struggle, but the numbers aren't that uneven. The V.O.-coalition brought some artillery, which might prove decisive. Or not.

It's very unlikely they're going to suffer the fate of Denis79 no matter what happens, since their territories don't even border each other. They could be forced to release some countries from their provinces, though, which wouldn't be great either.

Ah, a good old fashioned "why the feck are we even fighting?" war that will consume half of Europe. :drool:

AnotherLondonManc

@AnotherLondonManc is having a Tunisian problem - I guess taking nine foreign culture, foreign religion provinces at once might have been a bit risky after all. He's also parked his entire army in not-Tunisia. Bold strategy, let's see if it pays off for him.

Just popped back to Cagliari for some wine and limoncello. We'll be back soon. We didn't know Tunisia was a dry country.

If the locals aren't up for a party, then they can keep the land. Some things are just more important.

AnotherLondonManc

How the turntables. This time it's @VeevaVee who decided to help Hungary's helpless cause, and it's only gone and broken up the Italian alliance, since @P-Nut joined on the side of @Andycoleno9. Bizarrely, this also means @Andycoleno9 is saving @Denis79, who was still in the process of being invaded by Hungary from the last disaster.

Veeva's just looking for an excuse to take northern Italy for himself. This country ain't big enough for the three of us.

Shrewd move @VeevaVee