Gaming 1836 - The Europa Universalis 4 Experiment (Hands-off) - Map & stats in second post - Final Map and Stats update - Timelapse video

nimic

something nice
Scout
When it rains, it pours for @VeevaVee. @Andycoleno9 has finally seen the opportunity to get rid of the Italians in the Balkans, and he's brought @PSV with him. VeevaVee himself has no allies, as he was forced by the victorious powers in the previous war to break off his ancient alliance with ALM, and he hasn't had time to find a new one. The Italians are well and truly split now.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
When it rains, it pours for @VeevaVee. @Andycoleno9 has finally seen the opportunity to get rid of the Italians in the Balkans, and he's brought @PSV with him. VeevaVee himself has no allies, as he was forced by the victorious powers in the previous war to break off his ancient alliance with ALM, and he hasn't had time to find a new one. The Italians are well and truly split now.

@VeevaVee . I am coming to Italy soon

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Cretins everywhere. Just me and the kids from now on

nimic

something nice
Scout
In a fit of apparent madness, @adexkola has attacked the nation of Wolgast, who I previously mentioned were allied to @hobbers. Or is it a stroke of genius? Incredibly, the numbers appear to be on the side of adexkola, despite hobbers bringing along his boy-toy @Tiber. Granted a goodly portion of those will belong to the colonial nation of adexkola Mexico, but adexkola himself has somehow built a massive army. The hobbers-alliance appears to have the larger fleet, so perhaps they can stop the adexkolites from transferring their colonial forces to Europe?

Things escalate quickly in the 1700s. Nobody should feel safe, except for probably Solius.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
No, Solius Colombia is still there, but next to it there is an even bigger AnotherLondonManc Colombia.

In other news, @BD is struggling to conquer the rest of Africa. It appears the Africans aren't buying the BD Project.

Don't they like my cuisine?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Interestingly, it appears like @VeevaVee might come out of his war against @Andycoleno9 and @PSV with all his territories. Even though they've got a vastly bigger army and have already occupied VeevaVee's Balkan provinces, the "war goal" in an Imperialist War (which andy declared) necessitates taking the capital of the target. As long as that isn't fulfilled, there's a ticking war-score (the green arrow at the bottom right of the war screen). The attackers don't have the fleet to ferry their whole army to Italy, and it seems like @P-Nut and @AnotherLondonManc aren't being forthcoming by allowing them access through their lands. With 24 transports, they can transfer a total of 24k at the same time. VeevaVee has plenty enough to demolish that as soon as it lands.

hobbers

My armies should be landing in Naples right now not wasting time in fecking Lithaunia or wherever the feck

nimic

something nice
Scout
I missed that Leon had turned into a center of the revolution. That means it spread revolutionary ideals throughout Solius' lands, and when it had spread enough @Solius just accepted it and is now the leading nation of the revolution. That is decidedly not good for other countries, because that tends to just make them even more aggressive (ever heard of a fellow named Napoleon?) The orange on this map is where the revolutionary ideals are currently spreading. That is likely to case huge unrest in those countries, and very well might see them adopt the revolution too. @AnotherLondonManc, @BD and @SilentWitness have been put on notice. Don't get too attached to your royal dynasties.

nimic

something nice
Scout
So what happened was that Solius turned into a Revolutionary Republic. Different types of governments have different bonuses and mechanics in the game. You've all just been feudal monarchies so far. What's more, since Solius was the first, he gets some added bonuses (basically like Revolutionary France). Couldn't have happened to a more deserving player. (Those are all pretty big, but notice the "unjustified demands" thing. That means that it will be cheaper and easier for him to take land from you even if you weren't the original target).

nimic

something nice
Scout
Okay this will be my last update today. @Solius has gone and done it again. While @Organic Potatoes and @AnotherLondonManc are involved in a war (this time with SilentWitness), he has enticed one of their colonies to declare independence. This time OP and ALM are joined by @Samid and @altodevil, while @RedSky is with Solius as always.

I have no idea how this is going to turn out. ALM is probably in some amount of trouble, bordering as he does the enemies. The army numbers go in Solius+RedSky's favour, though not by that much. The fleet numbers are massively in the other direction though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
When I saw my name in the OP I thought I’d somehow died. But I am here for this.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Ffs! It’s heating up. Feel like I’m going to take some big hits and will be scampering to Barbados like @Crackers did.

AnotherLondonManc

Okay this will be my last update today. @Solius has gone and done it again. While @Organic Potatoes and @AnotherLondonManc are involved in a war (this time with SilentWitness), he has enticed one of their colonies to declare independence. This time OP and ALM are joined by @Samid and @altodevil, while @RedSky is with Solius as always.

I have no idea how this is going to turn out. ALM is probably in some amount of trouble, bordering as he does the enemies. The army numbers go in Solius+RedSky's favour, though not by that much. The fleet numbers are massively in the other direction though.

Perhaps wishful thinking, but this screenshot seems to suggest that I've reclaimed my northern Italian and Sicilian lands?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Perhaps wishful thinking, but this screenshot seems to suggest that I've reclaimed my northern Italian and Sicilian lands?
I had to load the game up take a look, but unfortunately not. It just looks like it when it's so far zoomed out, but the provinces are still striped (meaning still your core provinces, but not yours anymore).

AnotherLondonManc

I had to load the game up take a look, but unfortunately not. It just looks like it when it's so far zoomed out, but the provinces are still striped (meaning still your core provinces, but not yours anymore).
Drats. I'm honestly surprised it took this long for me to lose a war! I only picked Sardinia because I'm going there next week. Looking forward to surveying my lands, but mostly amazed I've come this far

nimic

something nice
Scout
@Eboue looked at the big war, said "oh, this is still going, huh?" and promptly decided to expedite matters by joining the losing side. Wait, that doesn't work. Whatever. That's what he did.

@AnotherLondonManc is still getting screwed, but if he can avoid peacing out of the war (peacing everyone out since he's the war leader), the balance of power in Europe might have shifted.