AFTV/AM '17/'18: A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think that might be me done with Arsenal now. At least for the foreseeable future.

First season in about 13 or 14 years where I've not been to a single game at Highbury/The Emirates. I didn't see the point in paying £35 for a membership just for the privilege of being able to buy £60/£70 matchday tickets on top of that when I and anyone else could've told you we'd be experiencing Groundhog Day as far back as last August. If we were of the calibre of the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich and we were consistently a threat in the league and consistently reaching the semi-finals/final of the Champions League then us being the most expensive club in the world might not seem quite so absurd. But the fact we're nowhere even near that level yet have the most expensive tickets in the world is an absolute disgrace.

Wenger signing a 2 year extension now proves that neither he nor Stan Kroenke give two shits about the fans after how vocal I'd say at least 80% have been that it's time for him to go. I disagree with the way in which some fans voiced this opinion and the personal abuse Wenger received, but that said, on the other hand I also think it was probably Wenger's fault entirely. If he wasn't so stubborn and didn't tease us for the whole of this season about whether or not he was going to stay, maybe fans would've given him the respect he probably deserves. This also proves that Wenger has absolutely no desire of ever leaving Arsenal and the only time he'll actually step down is when he plans to retire from football for good.

The FA Cup final was my first Arsenal game this season (because a cup final's a cup final) and what a great day out it was. It would've been the perfect opportunity for Wenger to leave on a high after an incredibly disappointing season. But oh how we all said the same thing 3 years ago against Hull and 2 years ago against Villa.

You can call me a plastic, you can say I'm not a 'tr00 fan' or whatever, but I don't care, I'm not being taken for a mug by this football club any more. It actually hurts to write things like this as Arsene Wenger is undoubtedly our best manager of all time. It's just that that accolade was reached based on his first 10 years at this club, and the following 10+ years have only weakened the strength of that sentiment. Our once greatest manager of all time...who didn't know when to call it a day.

I love Arsenal football club, but I'm sorry, I can't back a manager/board who's only desire is to take every penny we've got and deliver relative mediocrity in return.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
failure? he just won the FA cup. Missing top 4 is no big deal for them, that money wouldnt get invested, they always fail and the players they will target wont be of that quality anyway.
The season wouldn't have been a failure if they'd replaced Wenger, imo.

An FA cup win as his last swan song, with a quality young manager to replace Wenger would've been quite a satisfactory conclusion to the season if I were an Arsenal fan.

Wenger staying would've been a bitter pill to swallow, in my opinion.

RC89

I get the joke but I don't get what he's done wrong. Going into next season, getting just the league cup wouldn't be good enough especially if we finish sixth again. Play Chelsea in the league cup final (not even FA cup) I guarantee well all be cheering in that moment. Were happy to win the trophy, but not with our overall season.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
GW said:
The worst kept secret in football is out.

Wenger wasn't going anywhere, he had agreed a deal long time back but the announcement was held up fearing the backlash.

So now the standard at Arsenal is this: Their own self proclaimed minimum of top 4 wasn't achieved. 13 years no title. Umpteen number of builds, rebuilds and now we are stuck with this fool. Health permitting i wouldn't be surprised if he lasts another decade at Arsenal.

Everyone knows another poor start and the toxic atmosphere around the club would be unbearable. The club will get so much negative press every time we drop points. Saddest part in AFC is that the fans have never had a say in Wenger's future.

Incompetence, shamelessness, stubbornness, callousness, dishonesty , lies, deceit and manipulation have been rewarded. What a fecking farce this is.

Really i mean do they think the fans are dumb. Everyone knows all this board meeting, strict warning are all playacting that happens every year. I have zero respect for Wenger anymore and he has absolutely no fecking conscience. He is a disgrace and every time he claims to love this club it makes my blood boil no end.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
failure? he just won the FA cup. Missing top 4 is no big deal for them, that money wouldnt get invested, they always fail and the players they will target wont be of that quality anyway.
Was enough to get LVG the sack. Why should it be different for #wengerOUT

FujiVice

You know how Van Gaal was getting sacked whether we won the cup or not? Is it fair to say Wenger wasnt leaving if he got done 6-0 on Saturday or if he won the FA Cup?

bucky

"It's been a difficult season, since I have not played since November,” Cazorla told Cadena Ser’s El Larguero.

“I've been through surgery eight times , the last one on Monday and hopefully everything will go well following that.

"Since November I have had complications: there was a bacterial infection from surgery which infected the bone and then the scar did not close.

“I have not been given any deadlines, but at the moment we are probably looking at a period of at least another five months without football.

“It’s easy to throw in the towel but my desire is to play football and fight.

"I remember I had a bad spell with a back problem [while with Villarreal in 2010] but this is worse because it doesn't depend on me. Right now I can't think about the future, I just want to return to play.

“Arsenal have been fantastic with me and I am delighted Arsene (Wenger) is staying for another two seasons, he embodies the club.”

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I wonder why ArsenalMania's forum traffic isn't even close to the Caf.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
What the hell is this :lol:

They're milking on their characters too much... I think this will be the end of that channel. Unless Arsenal lose the first game of the season.

pghcc

Robbie is doing really well..
On another note it's a bit quiet around these parts.. I wonder where everyone is?

meltdown.. :keano:

Oscar.Z.Acosta

I think these gentlemen have set the post-modern speed record of becoming a parody of oneself in order to please the salivating masses.

However, they're actually making money from this twaddle, so kudos to them and trebles all round!

cyberman

i can't link because of my crappy phone but Robbie and Mister blud himself are in the new FIFA trailer. The world has gone mad.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
AFTV is branching out:

Ambitions to start a proper club?
Interesting watch. Especially that kid the ex Arsenal scout reckons is better than most of the 45 he has in their system now!
Depends if the kid has just excelled against chumps though, but you'd think a scout would know.

Status
Not open for further replies.