AFTV/AM '17/'18: A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Had to laugh at that. Sort of let's them off the hook with what I feared, but then using "yids" which itself is a word of some controversy itself. Especially for those who aren't Jewish!
Isn't their main supporters group called "Yid Army"?

macheda14

Bit unrealistic really though isn't it?

Robbie, we're offering £100k sponsorship, are you keen?

"No, not after the way you reported Hillsborough 28 years ago under a completely different editorial team"

Doesn't seem very likely to happen to me?!
He's giving a voice to Arsenal football club fans, for views on Arsenal. Why does anything else come into it?
Their coverage of hillsborough has continued to be terrible. Their apology was lacklustre - attempting not to show penance but to absolve themselves of blame pushing it onto bad sources. Their reporting of the unlawful killing verdict was relegated to the 8th page with another lacklustre apology tacked on. When they were criticised of that the editorial staff said 'the sun didn't cause hillsborough' and then the editor of the time of hillsborough comes out and says he isn't sorry at all and he was mislead by the police. It's not just 28 years ago under a different editorial team it's constant.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Tottenham fans seem to think it's all very acceptable and can't understand any questioning of it.
I heard a Spurs supporter once say that 'yids' was a term used in a derogatory way towards them by opposing fans, so they ended up adopting it as their own term (in an empowering way I guess). I can certainly think of other racial slurs that have been adopted in such a manner.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I heard a Spurs supporter once say that 'yids' was a term used in a derogatory way towards them by opposing fans, so they ended up adopting it as their own term (in an empowering way I guess). I can certainly think of other racial slurs that have been adopted in such a manner.
I think that is exactly right and that's why it's used. I'm uncomfortable with the term generally though.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The world's longest sentence:

Goonersworld said:
What I would like to know is why are there still fans that want him to stay apart from the fact he was successful in the early years(this I get)but that was then how long are they prepared to stand by him it's a bloody mystery I just don't get it I cannot find one positive to keep him and most of this piss poor excuse of a team you can't tell me they are happy having the piss taken out of them he's gone from bad to f***ing worse and I can't see how he's going to get out of the this f***ing great hole he's dug because of he's arrogance and stubborn attitude if the problems the board why hasn't he walked out citing this is it because as everyone knows in football that arsenal are run purely for financial gain well let's see how f***ing financially happy they are when this bunch of retrabaits aren't plying in the champions league

Arsenal 2:0 Man Utd

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Arsenal Mania said:
They haven't lost in the league for ages. Wenger hasn't beaten Jose.

Both of these will come to an end. Wenger signs new contract.

Jose screws us once more.

JohnnyKills

I've generally been on AFTV's side, especially when established media panicked about the channel's success & adopted a snobbish attitude towards AFTV. However, a seemingly minor thing like accepting sponsorship from The Sun really gives me pause: Robbie & company should've reconsidered, surely; after all, it could've been Arsenal supporters - or fans of any club, not only Liverpool FC - who bore the brunt of that newspaper's lies for decades. If you care about fans' welfare, if you care about your fellow supporters' dignity, you don't take The Sun's money and still claim to be 'the voice of real football fans'.
Agree in theory, but when you work in the media (as I do myself) principles are an expensive luxury mate.

Yes the Sun is a sneering, leering, slobbering morass of bigotry and schadenfreude but none of the other media brands is whiter than white.

The Mail is as viciously right-wing as The Sun; The Mirror is as bitter and judgemental; The Star is as pervy. The Independent is backed by a shady Russian oligarch and The Telegraph has pulled controversial stories in the past because of their owners.

If you want to get into bed with a media title then you have to accept that your bedfellow won't be a virgin. Just the way it is.

3KDré

I just saw this in the comments of one of the videos:
'Moh's wife: let's talk about sex
Moh: No, lets talk about NET sex'

:lol::lol::lol:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
They've muted all the swearing :( What's the point?

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Really? I'm out. People will vote with their feet eventually.
Well... Apparently not.

I was watching the Troopz one, and the first half of it is packed with muting, and the second half is pretty much free of it. I've no idea... Maybe it's an automatic Google thing?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Gooners are a bit giddy today. Wonder how long the eruphoria will last??

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I was on the fence about whether I want Arsenal or Liverpool to get that last CL spot but I actually think I want Arsenal to get it after AFTV tonight.

The way there digging us out for being in the Europa League is funny and I'd love them to be in the same boat next season.

Liverpool have been there and done jackshit themselves, and won't cause any waves in the CL either.

I think it's time Arsenal dropped out of the top 4. Although my head thinks they'll get it. Liverpool to drop points v West Ham and give Arsenal the initiative.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Troopz is a bit smug after the win. I wonder how he'll feel in a couple of weeks when we win the EL and they finish 5th ? All this a few days before Wenger announces his new contract and Alexis fecks off to Bayern.

MadMike

Troopz is a bit smug after the win. I wonder how he'll feel in a couple of weeks when we win the EL and they finish 5th ? All this a few days before Wenger announces his new contract and Alexis fecks off to Bayern.
Let's win the EL first and then we can laugh at him.

Because to flip what you said around they could go win the FA Cup and finish 5th. While we put all our eggs in the EL basket, finish 6th and fail to win the EL. Then Troopz will be feeling even more smug.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Their celebrations after beating us are hilarious

How the mighty have fallen

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Their celebrations after beating us are hilarious

How the mighty have fallen
Last week, they were saying how one season where Spurs finish above them counts little compared to the years they've been on top of them.

This week, they're crowing about Mourinho finally losing to Wenger in the league and proclaiming he's not special anymore.

:lol:

U99ted

Well, I avoided ArsenalFanTV, but he wasn't bad when interviewed yesterday on FullTimeDevils.

Status
Not open for further replies.