Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luis DC

Supports
Universidad de Chile
Imagine Sanchez under playing under LVG. :lol: He would've been out of the team in no time given how LVG never allowed risks to be taken. Sanchez is a proper United player without a doubt. Infact come to think of it this also explains why Di Maria failed here. He's a similar player to Sanchez in how he takes risks but ultimately he didn't have the right mentality to succeed and that's the difference between him and Sanchez.
our media is reporting that according to you media Sanchez is making a half an hour of extra training. No surprise, the guy is obsessed with fitness.

Trizy

our media is reporting that according to you media Sanchez is making a half an hour of extra training. No surprise, the guy is obsessed with fitness.
Heard that before at Arsenal. Everyone would finish and he'd stay doing pull ups.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Something that I noticed is how different his mentality is in comparison to everyone else in the team. He must have ushered Shaw to make a run down the wing several times. And even during the last 10 mins, when we go into walking mode, he was still looking to drive us forward. The first player who is reminiscent of the SAF era, for me. Hopefully, his drive and enthusiasm rubs off to everyone else. Our team seems to willingly lack that killer instinct which Alexis has.
Agree, his high standards are a joy to behold. I love the fact he's ushering people forward, if the ball is going sideways he's shouting and throwing his arms about. For all of Arsenal's negatives they definitely move the ball better than we do, it must be alien for him.

NikSab

Anthony Martial's #1 fan
According to some of Ornstein's colleagues, United were interested as soon as Sánchez's move in the summer broke down.

Ornstein spoke to someone close to Sánchez and they told him that Sánchez was not all that interested in a move to Manchester City.

The narrative that Pep Guardiola was the main reason that Sánchez would join Manchester City seemed a little off, especially considering that Guardiola himself sold Sánchez to Arsenal, when Sánchez was at FC Barcelona.

City didn't seriously come in for Sánchez until the final hours of the transfer market, they didn't seem to seriously pursue the player, like you normally would, if you were chasing a player.

City representatives said that they never came to the table for him anyway, which seemed a bit like face-saving. They seemed to think that they could go for him in the summer anyway. Ornstein seemed to think that City did not need him anyway.

Meanwhile United came in that week.

svastian99

Sanchez only played one year with Guardiola (41 games). He was sold by another manager (I think it was Gerardo Martino).

Luis DC

Supports
Universidad de Chile
Sanchez only played one year with Guardiola (41 games). He was sold by another manager (I think it was Gerardo Martino).
Sanchez player in Barcelona with Guardiola, Vilanova and Martino. It was Luis Enrique who sold him to Arsenal.

Paul778

Alexis is a disruptor at United and it's going to be a while until the dust settles and we understand the true benefits of the lad. I'm not saying that he's not good - he's clearly going to be amazing for us. What I am talking about is the impact of his signing on the rest of the team. We haven't bought him on 1st July and got a full pre-season to bed him in - we need to work out what works as we go along.

It's clearly going to have a significant impact to the 'normal' first 11 starting. Alexis will take one of the front four berths but who will take the other two (assuming Lukaku has got the other locked down). This isn't just going to be 'who's the fastest', or 'who's got the best tricks', but more who has the best relationship with Pogba, Alexis and Lukaku.

We have Lingard, Rashford, Martial and Mata fighting over two spots - possibly one if as I hope we continue to put Pogba at the head of a midfield three. With Alexis instigating such a change I'm not sure we are supporters are going to be able to have much valid analysis for a while and will have to trust in Jose and what he sees on the training ground.

Of the four on first look I could see Mata struggling for game time but it may well go in completely the opposite direction. With Alexis having so much urgency and flair, who is able to make and receive pinpoint passes, you may well be looking for someone who will gel with this. Lingard, Rashford and Martial have often shown either an inability to look up or an inability to thread the pinpoint pass. Mata might well end up higher up the pecking order.

One thing for sure, not having to *always* rely on the these options from the start but more giving them rotation from the bench can only be a good thing for Man Utd and these players. Let them grow into form, rather than playing them anyway when they are not.

Antonedwin

Yeah Fergie loved Tevez :lol:
Fergie actually tried to sign him , he failed because tevez was owned by third-party company

Imagine Sanchez under playing under LVG. :lol: He would've been out of the team in no time given how LVG never allowed risks to be taken. Sanchez is a proper United player without a doubt. Infact come to think of it this also explains why Di Maria failed here. He's a similar player to Sanchez in how he takes risks but ultimately he didn't have the right mentality to succeed and that's the difference between him and Sanchez.
Di maria would have thrived under mourinho tbh ( he did thrived at madrid ) mou let his attacker do whatever they want , he just drill his player to be more discipline at defensive job

Alexis is United player through and through from his work ethic and his winning mentality ( which is why he threw tantrum in arsenal, team full of spineless player without ambition ) he suit us better
, it's other player who need to up their standard to match him

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's so vocal in games. Telling our players where to position themselves, where to make runs, where to play the ball. This is why I think he'll influence our overall play so much as he's not only a fantastic player; he's a leader.

Based Adnan

He's been great but he's not offered anything on the left that Martial wouldn't. On the other hand he'd give us a lot more on the right compared to what Martial is offering on the right.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Not getting him in the game enough. Think its wrong to play him wide left. We don't play like Arsenal, he's not seeing enough of the ball.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Posted this in the match thread, but better discussion will be here:

I am a bit surprised that Sanchez has just been given the left inside forward role and Martial/Rashford have been left to carve out a new role. It has not strengthened us in the slightest and I wouldn’t have been interested in Sanchez if that was always going to be the plan. We simply did not need a new right-footed left-sided attacker, as we already have good strength and depth there.

I’m desperate to see 4-3-3 with Pogba left CM, Martial/Rashford left inside forward and Sanchez on the right.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Not bad, even rather good individually, but our team performances struggled since he'd been introduced in the squad. Hopefully it's only a matter of time — so far our players don't fully understand his movements and decisions.

spiriticon

I have a feeling that his signing has seriously unbalanced the team. Now Lingard and Martial have reverted to being shit, Pogba seems to be playing with chains on.

WTF is going on.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Not produced his best stuff for us so far but his quality when on the ball is evident. Always eager to win it in tight situations too and a constant threat, which is more than can be said for most of the side.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He was good by my God how he didn't score that..
He had to hesitate that bit because the way he ran up to it, his foot was infront of the ball and would've just kicked it into himself basically. Should have taken another touch though and then found the spot.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He didn't shoot because he was facing 90 degrees away from goal. It was impossible to shoot at the goal without coming around the ball first like he did.

He would have 99% missed if he tried to shoot at the first angle, you just have to praise Newcastle for not giving it up.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Said it after his first game, he doesn't realize how bad his teammates are, how bad the attacking coaching is. I was afraid he's show frustration, it's already beginning..

Ban

Said it after his first game, he doesn't realize how bad his teammates are, how bad the attacking coaching is. I was afraid he's show frustration, it's already beginning..
He's already showing frustration?

Andersons Dietician

Just can’t work out why he delayed that shot. Should have scored there, even if he has to throw himself to the ground to get the angle and contact you do it. Other than that decent. Some good little bits of link up and he was trying to make things happen. Works his ass off in areas...

Walters_19_MuFc

Glimpses of class today. Some great passes and dribbles. Should have finished his chance, though. Not sure why he took so long to shoot.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He's already showing frustration?
I admit, I could be clutching at straws here. You could see him asking the ball at his feet in many situations without the ball arriving, you could see him gesticulating and showing annoyance. Like I said, I may be talking complete rubbish.

svastian99

Mou still does not know where to use Alexis. With Mata you can see that there is chemistry. Enough to experience Mou!

In the opportunity he had, he had to turn a lot and hit him immediately. He waited for a ball bounce but it was already full of defenders. Still need to develop more chemistry in the passes but it is a matter of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devil may care

I thought he dragged us into the game in the first half, should have scored in the second and then him and Mata seemed to be getting in each others way at times in the last 20 minutes.

Ban

I admit, I could be clutching at straws here. You could see him asking the ball at his feet in many situations without the ball arriving, you could see him gesticulating and showing annoyance. Like I said, I may be talking complete rubbish.
I don't think it's that bad. It's the way he reacts and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.