5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

Many didn't only start watching him when he got here. He didn't gain a reputation as world class losing the ball every 3rd touch and making bad decisions consistently. There's more to his game than you realise and he'll start showing more of it once he's settled in
I watched him plenty at Arsenal and Barca, not so much at Udinese. I know the type of player he is, an excellent one with some issues. Giggs is my favourite Utd player ever and he gave the ball away plenty. I made the comparison between Hazard and Sanchez yesterday, Hazard rarely makes an obvious mistake, but he is also less aggressive in his choices, to create you have to be willing to take a risk, those players can be very frustrating, Sanchez can be very frustrating.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Not sure where to put this but there's a story in the Metro ( I know they're shite) but they're citing El Pais? saying a United executive at some private function expressed regret over rushing the Sanchez deal.. that he hasn't justified the huge outlay we've spent on him. If this is true was this 'executive' drunk?!

Also saw elsewhere that apparently El Pais said Sanchez didn't come to be a 'worker' and feels like he doesn't 'fit' or words to that effect.

What do you guys think? I'm hoping it's crap, especially given the sources. Though I don't know anything about El Pais.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Not sure where to put this but there's a story in the Metro ( I know they're shite) but they're citing El Pais? saying a United executive at some private function expressed regret over rushing the Sanchez deal.. that he hasn't justified the huge outlay we've spent on him. If this is true was this 'executive' drunk?!

Also saw elsewhere that apparently El Pais said Sanchez didn't come to be a 'worker' and feels like he doesn't 'fit' or words to that effect.

What do you guys think? I'm hoping it's crap, especially given the sources. Though I don't know anything about El Pais.
You answered the question yourself in the first line.

The Metro have also said Neymar has asked PSG to sell him because he's jealous of Mbappe.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Alexis Sanchez has been our most productive player since he joined, he has the best goals+assists/min ratio. You cannot say that he does not contribute in attack.

He is also our most hard working attacker, regularly winning the ball back and pressing the other team into mistakes.

Yes he loses the ball a lot, and has missed a few chances but this is a player that is basically playing using his own quality because he has very little experience with the team.
I think it's reassuring that despite his obvious struggles to fully integrate into the team, he has consistently created at least one real chance in every game. That's invaluable. However I do think people are getting a wake up call to just how careless and unreliable he can be in possession, which people seemed intent on ignoring to begin with.

Also his corners are pretty awful. They drove my brother (Arsenal fan) up the wall consistently hitting the first man. Not sure why he's walked straight in as our first choice. We're not blessed with many great set piece takers but I cannot understand how he takes them ahead of Mata, Rashford or Young when they're on the pitch. He's obviously much, much worse. We should certainly encourage him to take responsibility but there should be some logic behind it...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think it's reassuring that despite his obvious struggles to fully integrate into the team, he has consistently created at least one real chance in every game. That's invaluable. However I do think people are getting a wake up call to just how careless and unreliable he can be in possession, which people seemed intent on ignoring to begin with.

Also his corners are pretty awful. They drove by brother (Arsenal fan) up the wall consistently hitting the first man. We're not blessed with many great set piece takers but I cannot understand how he takes them ahead of Mata, Rashford or Young when they're on the pitch. He's obviously much, much worse. We should certainly encourage him to take responsibility but there should be some logic behind it...
Don't understand why Mata or young never got more set piece responsibility after they were reliable with them before coming to United. And it's been like this for ages and different managers so they have to see something in training. Van gaal tried different corner takers constantly (Phil Jones....) But never seemed happy. So maybe it's a case of Sanchez in training being able to whip it in well, or better then the others who must be awful at it so just gets the role.

MrBest

He may be off form but he is one of the only players we have that really shows a desire to win. I dont get how anyone can judge him yet given the 5 games he has played, we have been terrible. It's a shame we are negatively set up, i think that affected him. At arsenal Wenger gave him a free role. Here at United he need a to be more disciplined position wise. I still believe lukaku martial Sanchez is the way forward with pogba matic and mctominay behind. I hope we keep thay team, we are in dire need of consistency.

Antonedwin

In the four matches he has played for us so far, his tackle state is 2.3, while for Arsenal it was 1.1. I know how he plays but last match against Chelsea he was almost playing as a 4th midfielder which is a colossal waste of his talent.
here is the dilemma, if mourinho wanted him to attack more , he would be our LW , and martial fans would complain , put him in the middle and people complain how he couldn't contribute more in attacking

what jose should do so nobody complain anymore ?

Greck

I watched him plenty at Arsenal and Barca, not so much at Udinese. I know the type of player he is, an excellent one with some issues. Giggs is my favourite Utd player ever and he gave the ball away plenty. I made the comparison between Hazard and Sanchez yesterday, Hazard rarely makes an obvious mistake, but he is also less aggressive in his choices, to create you have to be willing to take a risk, those players can be very frustrating, Sanchez can be very frustrating.
He can be 'frustrating' but his usual world class self is several levels more efficient than he's currently shown. One can be satisfied with his productivity so far but it's also okay to expect more

Z1L3

Supports
Partizan Belgrade
Alexis has already started to influence the team in a positive way. In the first few games he kept gesturing at teammates when they wouldn't pass him the ball when he was in tight spaces; now those passes are starting to happen. The first goal against Chelsea was a series of such passes between him, Lukaku, and Martial; and there were other instances in the game where you could see teammates giving him the ball in such situations. I bet that just having him in the team will continue to improve the entire team's attacking play.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
People need to calm down. He is used to a completely different system and so far, he's done ok. His work rate and aggression is top, once he becomes productive, he will be grand

NinjaFletch

I'd say based on this today it's absolute bollocks.
Paris St-Germain could offer France striker Kylian Mbappe, 19, to Barcelonain exchange for Brazilian playmaker Philippe Coutinho. They are trying to appease their 26-year-old Brazilian forward Neymar, who is said to be unhappy with Mbappe but is close friends with Coutinho, 25. (El Pais)
One of the most laughable rumours I've ever seen.

CA1

Play him off the right. Needs to find his way in our team. It was a mistake putting him on the left, it's made us too narrow. Martial/Rashford on the left stretch the play as they don't mind hugging the sides and then coming in. Sanchez comes in before the ball is played.

On the right, he will be allowed to come in like Mata/Lingard do when they play there. It won't change our balance for that reason.

I can see him getting in behind more if he's on the right. On the left he's taking the long way round. He ends up central anyway. He may aswell do it off the right so we can stretch them on the left.

One thing he needs to be told is to find Valencia on the overlap. He ignored him so many times on Sunday.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
People seem to be forgetting that he was one of our best players in his first couple of games. Yes he's obviously struggled in his last few, but the way the media (and some people in here) are going on you'd think he's been shit since he joined us.

Antonedwin

People said he could hv waited 6 months for city but honestly , if you were him , would you wait for 6 months ?
He could be biggest flop in united & still making the right decision to leave

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
People need to calm down. He is used to a completely different system and so far, he's done ok. His work rate and aggression is top, once he becomes productive, he will be grand
Yep. He's moving in the right direction. Literally, he gets the ball and looks to move forward asap. Everyone else needs to play along too.
We should look to base our attack around him. He may be getting on, but we can look for a similar player afterwards.

Kapardin

He's a better player than Mkhi, but he should be doing much more. No excuses, because no amount of gesturing or working like a bulldog on the pitch can make up for a lack of productivity. Especially at his age, it isn't as though he is another developing youngster like Martial who can get away with such performances.

But, it is too early to judge him. New team, new system, new manager and he also arrived in the thick of some really challenging fixtures like Spurs, Chelsea, the CL game, etc. So give him time.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
In theory a more fluid, interchangeable trio of Sanchez, Lukaku (who isn't bad when he drifts wide even if he doesn't look like a natural wide forward) and Martial should have potential. Bring in a starting fullback and a starting CM and go with something like:

De Gea​

New RB - Bailly - Lindelof - Shaw​

New CM - Matic
Pogba --->​

Sanchez - Lukaku - Martial
Tons of potential, if nothing else. Anyway, I think it's better to assign both Sanchez and Martial freer, more drifting roles than to stick either on the right in a more fixed winger capacity.

And Jose has declared he isn't looking to boost the attack - which, if true, means getting the best out of the existing options.

Silas

Based on him signing for United rather than City. That's obvious no? I mean, he could have waited 4 months and joined any side in the World yet he decided to join United in January.
Because Arsenal accepted our offer, not theirs. Like I said, he was happy to either. Why would he wait? His main concern was getting out of Arsenal, so whichever one of us and City made a deal both he and Arsenal were happy with would have been the club he ended up at. I doubt it was a case of him not wanting to go to City.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Personally, think this season is a write off for him. It's very hard to come into a new team in January and get going.
Especially a team that look as clueless in attack as we do.
Hopefully over the run of home games coming, we see more attacking cohesion, who would help him massively.

Crystal Palace 2:3 Man Utd

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Bit of a worry at the minute. No chemistry with his team mates yet, looks like he’s got the weight of the world on his shoulders and is desperate to make something happen. Anything.

Brophs

The One and Only
He's really trying, but unfortunately that means he's forcing everything, so it looks a bit ragged. Early days, though.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Loved him in the 2nd half as a central midfielder. Said it from the beginning - play him in a 3 alongside Pogba and Matic because he can playmake and defend. Absolutely brilliant there tonight.

el3mel

Massive headache for us at the moment.

Will give him a pass this season but next season and after a preseason without a WC for him, he'll need to do better.

acnumber9

Very Rooney like. Looks knackered constantly and always chasing down his first touch. It was how he was playing for Arsenal and it’s a concern. I’d hoped he just couldn’t be arsed for Arsenal anymore rather than his decline.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He has played 8 games for us so far and been shocking in 6 of them.

James Peril

Taking his time to play football for a team that doesn’t like to play football, it’s easy to see. He will evolve and we will develop to accomodate him.

Theee things; he hits the crossbar before 2-2, that’s an «assist». That pass to Mata prior to 3-2, pure class! Furthermore; he gets us playing faster and direct in the middle, no doubt about it. I have really missed that part of our game, it can/will get very good in the end.

Sanchez did fine today, he is an attacking player - never mind the misplaced passes and attempts, he’s there to create goals

Toddler

It is not working for him at the moment. Too many errors in his game, sloppy possession and bad decision making. But hes trying his ass off and I'm sure hell get better, there is certainly moments of sheer quality. But I wouldn't mind benching him for a game or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.