g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Alexis Sanchez image 7

Alexis Sanchez Chile flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwSw

Utterly shit. Disrupts our entire team balance.

I don't fault him for trying but he has to realize football is a team sport. He doesn't get to drift around and try fancy passes just because he's an attacker and he has to try to make some thing happen.

Dinghy

I usually like players that try to make something happen, but he's been nothing less then shocking so far. The blame has got to go to the manager though, for signing him just to play him in a position where we already had players that were performing, and for never subbing him.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mata should've started over him last night shouldn't he.
There's no shame in having a player on the bench for a bit to help them bed in. I know Lindelof didn't come with the same reputation but he's been protected in his early months/first year at old Trafford, I tbink it would've been fair to do the same for Sanchez.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I don't know if he does this on his own accord or if it's instructions but he really should stay wide more, both with and without the ball. He needs time when he receives it, to get his head up and continue the attack. There's no time in the middle and he's rushing it way too much. He also doesn't have the physical qualities to play with his back to the defenders. He either needs to be a striker, next to Lukaku who can actually receive the ball from midfield and then give to to him or he needs to stay wide and not get involved in everything.

I'm not sure but I doubt it's the instructions he's getting because he's always in other people's space. It was Lingard's yesterday.

ZAGREB RED

I am sure I was in the seam boat as many other United fans when he signed, genuinely excited at the prospect of him coming to United, especially after it looked as though he was on way to City. Looked like a real coup for United, to say the least.
His performances have left everyone scratching their heads and wondering what has happened to him. Is it him or is it Mourinho's style or a bit of both.
Still early days yet and hopefully next season he will be bedded in and start playing at his best. On the other hand, I have always been pro-Mourinho but I am also am beginning to have some reservations now about whether he is the man for United, signing players like Pogba and Sanchez and then watching them under-perform in such a way that makes you wonder if it is down the players or the manager, or a combination of the two.
Still too early to judge though really.

Zoo

I fully expected him to be integrated on the right or behind Lukaku. But Jose keeps going back using him on the left which begs the question as to why he sanctioned this with Martial and Rashford 2 good options competing for that spot.

Why do we keep making stupid decisions?

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I fully expected him to be integrated on the right or behind Lukaku. But Jose keeps going back using him on the left which begs the question as to why he sanctioned this with Martial and Rashford 2 good options competing for that spot.

Why do we keep making stupid decisions?
But he doesn't play on the left, does he? He's spending most of his time in the middle. See my post above.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he was horrible last night, can't believe how many times he lost the ball.

Seriously what has happened to this player since he left Arsenal? all the things he used to do for them just don't seem possible for him anymore.

Even in the 2nd half when the ball fell to him in the box, I thought here we go he will score!... no he just toe punts it at the defender.

Maybe the 7 shirt really is cursed after all, but right now he's looking worse than Mkhi.

manunited1919

If a Chinese team were to come in for him we should sell him. He is becoming Rooney II, but at least Rooney had a history at our club before he was awful. He needs to be dropped.

JSArsenal

As much as it sickens me to say this, Sanchez is a great player and will come good for you lot.

Its not happening at the moment granted but he is a quality player and knows better than anyone else he hasn't been living up to standard.

He's been playing football non stop, for the last 4 years and his head hasn't been right since his move to City fell through. I think a summer off when he can rest, reset and get his mind right will do wonders for him.

If he flops I'll be genuinely surprised and would have to guess his body has given up on him.

M Bison

Supports
York City

I usually like players that try to make something happen, but he's been nothing less then shocking so far. The blame has got to go to the manager though, for signing him just to play him in a position where we already had players that were performing, and for never subbing him.
Don’t agree, it’s not Mou’s fault he lost the ball and played so utterly useless last night.

No professional footballer should be so poor on the ball as Sanchez was last night, people will bang on about tactics etc but at some point players have to shoulder some of the responsibility.

Red_Aaron

he's been pretty terrible since he got here, he's trying to force the play now too which is just making things worse
unfortunately his status is such that dropping him could be equally disruptive, i think we need to continue to play him.

whilst all this is frustrating of course i'm not too bothered about sanchez long term, he's joined us mid season and he's out of form.
he's not a kid and it's not a new league so there's no reason to believe this will last forever. He's an exceptional talent who will come good but it may well be next season before we see him at his peak. i'm still glad we have him

Kag

He's been abysmal and Martial should be playing wide left ahead of him.

With that said, he's an undoubtedly brilliant player that really does reinforce the already glaring issues with the team and the way they play football. One man solves sod all.

How many more players do we need to sign (for them to struggle) for everybody to be convinced that this isn't personnel? Messi and Ronaldo?

M Bison

Supports
York City
If a Chinese team were to come in for him we should sell him. He is becoming Rooney II, but at least Rooney had a history at our club before he was awful. He needs to be dropped.
What a truly ridiculous statement. He’s been in 6 weeks and you’re saying to sell him :lol::lol:

Dinghy

Don’t agree, it’s not Mou’s fault he lost the ball and played so utterly useless last night.

No professional footballer should be so poor on the ball as Sanchez was last night, people will bang on about tactics etc but at some point players have to shoulder some of the responsibility.
Why couldn't he just sub him...?

Aren86

If martial lost the ball a 1/3 of the times Sanchez did over 3 games we would never see him in the squad again.

Needs to be dropped quickly.

Bestietom

Shit so far, and it's upset the whole team trying to find his right position. He gets in the way of Pogba and his passing and losing the ball is losing us games. Needs to be dropped. I really feel for Martial and Rashford also.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Play him on the right or don't play him at all. He's totally failing to get to grips with the team.

I get that this can happen with mid-season signings but Mkhi has assimilated into the Arsenal setup way better than Alexis has here. Granted, Arsenal have been far worse than we have since the swap deal so it's probably been an easier transition. But Alexis looks like a total stranger on the pitch.

Every match it's like he's never trained with these players before. I honestly don't know how much attacking training routines we actually do, but it can't be many if that's the end product we're seeing. At the moment it looks like Jose is just putting together an attacking unit on paper and hoping that it'll come up with a few goals. The only visible attacking tactical decision incorporate our defence hoiking the ball up to our advanced target men. Maybe this is a Jose thing, but it's dire to watch.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Have we signed his twin brother? I don't recognise this player from the one I saw at Arsenal. He looks completely lost at the moment and I blame the majority of that on the way he's being used. If our game plan is to knock long balls up to Kak and Fellaini then what is he supposed to do?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Exactly. He is playing like a declining and aging Rooney whom we all want to get rid of.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Right now I'm thinking the best option would be to play him as striker and give the left slot back to Martial. Will bring some dynamism back to the team. I mean Lukaku is good and all, but hoofballs to him shouldn't be the strategy around which a team is build around. You can even play Lukaku from the right, he can run with the ball and take on defenders like a wide forward.

jungledrums

If martial lost the ball a 1/3 of the times Sanchez did over 3 games we would never see him in the squad again.

Needs to be dropped quickly.
Sadly true. I want Sanchez to succeed and I think he eventually will, but there is no way Mourinho would show Martial even half the patience he has shown Sanchez.

manunited1919

What a truly ridiculous statement. He’s been in 6 weeks and you’re saying to sell him :lol::lol:
During those 6 weeks he has been utterly bad. I can’t see how he can still end up being a top player for us, not even a regular good player. But hey, he won’t be sold this summer. So I hope I am wrong and he does come good in the end.

Parma Dewol

I find it utterly depressing that my two favourite players - Martial and Rashford - have been reduced to bit-part roles in order to make room for Sanchez mid-season.

manunited1919

Right now I'm thinking the best option would be to play him as striker and give the left slot back to Martial. Will bring some dynamism back to the team. I mean Lukaku is good and all, but hoofballs to him shouldn't be the strategy around which a team is build around. You can even play Lukaku from the right, he can run with the ball and take on defenders like a wide forward.
So you want Sanchez to be forced/slotted into the position of our currently best performing attacking player? Just like we did by giving Sanchez Martial’s place? Sanchez should be benched, for his own good.

PepsiCola

Arsenal fans tried to warn us.

Imagine the scenes of Mkhi ends up being a better player for Arsenal (could make a case considering he has more goals and assists).

But mkhi is mentally weak and a coward while Sanchez has immense mental fortitude or some bollocks.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I still feel he will soon get to the level he's expected to be at for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.