Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

He doesnt want to be here :houllier:

I would wait a bit, that pass to Martial for thw first goal was nice and promising

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
he runs around like a terrier which helps with our pressing. Martial was just lazily walking about, thats the difference even though they were both bad atleast one was still trying.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He's still adjusting to the club, quality is undeniable. Only a matter of time before he starts producing.

We need to be more patient (something which is lost on this forum) with him.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Yeah, doesn't seem to me that he really gives 2 shits TBH. Don't remember him ever being this poor at Arsenal.
Say that he hasn't played well and you'd be right but how could you conclude that he doesn't care? He's chasing people back as far as our own box. And offensively he's trying to do too much right now, if anything.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Wenger and Mourinho are complete opposites as coaches; he is basically in pre-season because he is with a new team, manager, tactics.

I thought he was average in this game, nothing came off for him and he fluffed at a chance he should have scored. But he was very good at pressing and made the pass to Martial for the 1st goal.

Greck

Harsh criticism. He's a link up reliant player in a crude non-system setup that never uses passing triangles, slick combinations or simple one-twos so his strengths never truly shines.

Without some structure every attacker that comes here will continue to look consistently rubbish. When we attack they have to figure it out as they go along which isn't the easiest thing to do

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think he's trying too much. He needs to realise we have others who are capable of doing something unlike at Arsenal where he only had Ozil and, at one point, Cazorla.

Litch

Style of football as many players will tell you is difficult when coming from another club. Ask Pogba...,

kundalini

So far we've seen moments of quality but he is making the team on reputation rather than performance level. He wasn't awful but slightly disappointing today, surprised he wasn't substituted earlier.

R'hllor

Sometimes he looks like he doesnt know his role or whats expected of him but thats normal i guess, there is difference between us and Arsenal and think he will improve in that regard.

Walters_19_MuFc

Played behind the forwards today, which in hindsight probably wasn't the best idea. He's not an attacking midfielder.

If Jose is going to persist with the diamond we played today, then it's best if we use him as a shadow striker up top next to Rom, with Lingard as the attacking midfielder.

He's a very similar to Tevez. Shadow striker, who can drop off, run channels, create, etc.

Going forward, I'd like to see Jose try:

Sanchez Lukaku
Lingard
Pogba McTominay
Matic

Ekeke

Didnt lose the ball a huge amount of times like his other games for us, but he also didn't look like a top player.

automaticflare

Played behind the forwards today, which in hindsight probably wasn't the best idea. He's not an attacking midfielder.

If Jose is going to persist with the diamond we played today, then it's best if we use him as a shadow striker up top next to Rom, with Lingard as the attacking midfielder.

He's a very similar to Tevez. Shadow striker, who can drop off, run channels, create, etc.

Sanchez Lukaku
Lingard
Pogba McTominay
Matic
This is how we played today swap Sanchez and lingard(martial) interchange lingard rashford and martial depending on form. None have been overly consistent in grand scheme of things.
I do like lingard a ability to run beyond the striker

Handré1990

Hasn’t found his place yet. Not worried, he cares to much to fail. Looked like he was going to beat himself up (literally) after a couple of bad passes. Plus, havig watched enough of him he’s top class

AP88

Supports
Man City

Sanchez Lukaku
Lingard
Pogba McTominay
Matic
Completely agree with this; Mourinho doesn’t have wingers, so forcing Martial/Rashford/Sanchez/Mata to play there is naive; the diamond is the best way forward until some natural wide players are acquired.

Also agree about Sanchez being more of a Tevez-type busy forward, especially as he’s ageing. Him up top also allows Lukaku to drift wide right, where he seems destructive.

jem

Ok I'm going to post a rare, drama/body language post, but did Lukaku brush him off when celebrating his goal?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He's the only one that plays football with an urgency that's needed for him to play football, which unfortunately isn't enough.

Shark

@NotShark
We won't see the best of him until next season, I feel. He hasn't settled as well as we'd want.

Ritish

The best thing about him so far has sadly been his unveiling video.
Still early days though, where he is getting accustomed to the new tactics and players. He would come good eventually.

thejtrain

He simply has no clue which player to close down, whether to press or not etc. Everyone including him is trying to figure what his role in this team is. That could be somewhat down to bad coaching and tactics, but his random lobbed balls into the box are bizarre - they are neither played to the striker's feet nor to their heads; he just punts it into the box with no real conviction to find anyone in particular.

Saad138

Hey lay off sanchez will you ? Every new player requires a pre season to completely settle into the squad. He hasn't had that. He's gonna be great for us next season. Give him time.

Canagel

He's just finding his place in the team. Not worried at all about Sanchez. I didn't understand his role in the first half. Why was he marking Drinkwater? After Lingard came on it was a bit better definitely.

Prodigal7

Lost the ball a few times but he did a great defensive job today. Also that clinical ball into Martial for our first goal is something we've been missing in the team. Big contribution today but no one seems to recognize it. So many fans just fixated with goal and assist stats.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Whatever else you say about him, he should have scored from Martial’s square pass first half. Like the Newcastle miss that was shocking.

He was brought in to add the consistency that the youngsters can’t be expected to. I don’t expect him to be Roy of the rovers. I do expect him to be a cut above most in clear goal scoring positions though.

MataFanatic

Not entirely sure why Sanchez has come in for so much stick so far and in particular today against Chelsea. Alan Smith was loving it giving him the needle on commentary but I think this is completely unjustified. Sanchez, with the exception of the Chelsea game, has been our best player since his move. Incredible player with such amazing talent. Need to be keep building this team around him. Martial is a top player and will get even better for now he is not consistent enough. Sanchez should be an automatic starter for us

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
tbh I noticed that too
I;m sure this is a misunderstanding. Lukaku gets along with him, at least from what I've seen of them off the pitch.

TsuWave

I’m thinking I’m watching a different player because he hasn’t been bad to me at all. He always makes incisive passes and neat 1-2’s. Looks smart on the ball and when he loses it his willingness to fight for it is unrivalled. The chance he created for Lukaku when Cortois made that super save seemed lost but then out of nothing he still managed to put a cross in which Lukaku applauded him vigorously for

I dunno man, the guy is clearly a cut above the rest when I watch us play.

MataFanatic

I’m thinking I’m watching a different player because he hasn’t been bad to me at all. He always makes incisive passes and neat 1-2’s. Looks smart on the ball and when he loses it his willingness to fight for it is unrivalled. The chance he created for Lukaku when Cortois made that super save seemed lost but then out of nothing he still managed to put a cross in which Lukaku applauded him vigorously for

I dunno man, the guy is clearly a cut above the rest when I watch us play.
Couldn't agree more. I actually think some of our forward players are struggling to come up to Sanchez's level. Incredible player.

Status
Not open for further replies.