5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyB1986

I'd have rather have kept Mkhytarian than have swapped him and signed Sanchez. He was in decline in his last season at Arsenal. But, my, God. I never envisioned this rate of decline. I can't even remember a performance of his where I thought there's a change he will repay back the wages he's on. Get him gone, free up the wage bill.

Classic signing of late though buying names past their best.

RedGib

I'd have rather have kept Mkhytarian than have swapped him and signed Sanchez. He was in decline in his last season at Arsenal. But, my, God. I never envisioned this rate of decline. I can't even remember a performance of his where I thought there's a change he will repay back the wages he's on. Get him gone, free up the wage bill.

Classic signing of late though buying names past their best.
Only time he looked useful was in pre season when he played as striker with Mata behind him, can’t understand why we never gave that a go in the season as it looked a promising combo at the time

MattyB1986

Only time he looked useful was in pre season when he played as striker with Mata behind him, can’t understand why we never gave that a go in the season as it looked a promising combo at the time
That's where I thought we was going to play him as well, in truth. His pace was in decline at Arsenal but still looked useful at CF. I never thought he would play LF for us with Martial/Rashford fighting for those spots.

Grande

That's where I thought we was going to play him as well, in truth. His pace was in decline at Arsenal but still looked useful at CF. I never thought he would play LF for us with Martial/Rashford fighting for those spots.
That was actually utterly absurd yes, i tried to convince myself he was bought with CF, no 10 or RW in mind, but no.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I see very strong similarities between the Sanchez, Pogba and Bale situations. I honestly can't see them moving this summer unless United and Madrid come up with humongous golden handshakes. Why would they leave their current insane salaries for anything less? Which clubs can afford them?

Last edited:

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
Alexis Sanchez is just one place behind Jordan Spieth in the world's top earning athletes:

https://www.forbes.com/athletes/list/2/#tab:overall

Which is fair enough, they've been performing at about the same level.

He's ahead of Kylian Mbappe, Antoine Griezmann, Deontay Wilder, Manny Pacquiao, Serena Williams and Virat Kohli. And lots of Americans I've never heard of.

Fully deserved, of course.

Bwuk

Praying he has a great Copa America and someone decides to have a punt.

Zlatattack

Apparently he's scored a couple of goals in Copa America. Anyone been watching? What's he looked like?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
You'd think Chinese side would go for him
I feel he doesn't want to do that yet?

He does want to play though. Doesn't strike me as someone who wants to just sit on his ass. Hopefully there is a deal somewhere we can do.

joedirt87

looked pretty good against Japan. Scored a goal, assisted another. some decent passes and held the ball well.

Alabaster Codify7

I'm currently backpacking in Chile. Watched the game in a bar full of passionate Chileans. Was s good game but Alexis looked good....ISH. against a fecking young,reserve Japanese team with very few first teamers. The equivalent of him turning it on Vs Norwich in a league cup game. Still convinced he's done at the top level.

flappyjay

There’s still a player in him, but we’re a difficult side for any attacker to play for right now.
But you would expect a world class attacker would at least look better than Rashford/Martial in our disjointed attack. Him doing well can be a positive , someone might take a gamble on him or he my come back to us with confidence and do much better than last 2 seasons.

Kostov

I am glad he had a good game, if we can't offload him it's better for us if he gets some confidence with his national team. He's a better option than the likes of Mata and Lingard.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I bet he will have a good tournament and then leave man utd. Somehow he just can't play well in MU's system, and there is no sign it will change next season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looks like he’s found his level. U23s from Japan :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.