5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick08

Apparently he's scored a couple of goals in Copa America. Anyone been watching? What's he looked like?
Struggled on the wing, kept giving the ball away on deep wide areas, but whenever he gets inside the box or behind the striker looks dangerous and that's where his goal and assist came from.

Patrick08

I bet he will have a good tournament and then leave man utd. Somehow he just can't play well in MU's system, and there is no sign it will change next season.
He's not a wide player anymore, as a striker or behind the striker seems to be his best position now.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'm not sure why we don't give him a go as a striker again and just spend all our money on creative midfielders and right wingers. We're clearly not going to find a buyer.

AJ10

If he is to feature for us next season then play him as a striker/SS otherwise there is no point.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I saw his name trending on Twitter and dared to dream (of him leaving, not being dead). This was an unexpected twist.

SprayingErmine6

To be honest I love Alexis Sanchez - just not as a United player. I would love to see him as a false 9 or just behind the striker where he can try to bring in his creativity.

But I guess our playing style doesnt suit him at all. For Uniteds and his sake I would let him go (if it were that easy:lol:).

Last edited by a moderator:

Bwuk

Since his arsenal days. Wenger deployed a 343 to get him closer to the box and even played him as a striker.
Yep. If we'd tried that when he got here he might of got on better, but the confidence is gone and it's just not going to happen for him anymore.

Sanchez probably can't wait to leave if he could get the same wages elsewhere. This has been a nightmare move for him and us.

crossy1686

career ending
Watched the highlights and considering they were playing a very young Japan side he still looked sluggish and easy to read. Only thing he seems to still have is the ability to see a pass, apart from that against any decent opposition if you give him the ball he'll get dispossessed with ease.

Patrick08

Yep. If we'd tried that when he got here he might of got on better, but the confidence is gone and it's just not going to happen for him anymore.

Sanchez probably can't wait to leave if he could get the same wages elsewhere. This has been a nightmare move for him and us.
We better have the wisdom to play him as a striker or behind the striker.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
One more summer at the club to prove he can still operate at the level we require. I think last season was a anomaly and I feel he will be back to his best if used correctly. Up front as our Lukaku replacement.

Stacks

One more summer at the club to prove he can still operate at the level we require. I think last season was a anomaly and I feel he will be back to his best if used correctly. Up front as our Lukaku replacement.
If ever there needed to be a "slap head" emoji. Sanchez has been finished for 2 years now. He has scored 4 goals for us and been Shite for 3 different managers.

mu4c_20le

I watched the first half of the japan match, he did resemble more like a footballer than when he plays for us, but still looked very stiff and like someone who just woke up after being in a coma for several years and trying to find his feet again.

Garebo

They should give him for free, if anyone could afford his wages. If he stays, then Ole should promote him permanently to the reserves. At least there, he will find more game time until his retirement.

MattyB1986

Since his arsenal days. Wenger deployed a 343 to get him closer to the box and even played him as a striker.
Exactly why I thought we brought him here was to play centrally. Was clear his legs wouldn't handle being a wide forward anymore. Confused me when he was deployed left.

SATA

Hope Chile gets to the final and he plays in the whole tournament, and then comes back to Carrington to train and maintain his fitness and then go to pre-season with the United team. It's the best way to resurrect his club career here. He barely played last season and he doesn't need a holiday

-Supreme-

I'd like to see him playing in the Rashford position, might be worth persist with him for another season as the difference he could potentially make is huge

We won't be able to get any money for him, so i'd say the risk is worth taking imo

sp_107

I'd like to see him playing in the Rashford position, might be worth persist with him for another season as the difference he could potentially make is huge

We won't be able to get any money for him, so i'd say the risk is worth taking imo
Playing him in a striker role with few good players behind him could do the trick but I think he lost the pace to succeed in EPL, It all started in his last days at Arsenal and we were not clever enough to realise that.

If he scores few more goals in Copa-America, PSG (they need some one to replace Neymar) or Atletico Madrid could come in and pay 30-40 millions transfer fee as it appears paying around 400K a week wages is not a problem for both clubs. I am surprised when I came to know Greezman salary at a club like A-Madrid. That kind of salary you get from clubs like Real or Barca.

Anyways coming back to my point we can still sell Alexis for 30-40Millions if he does really well in copa and use that moeny to replace him with someone like Pepe, Richarlison, Sancho

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I feel we are going full Rooney here. How often we gonna see the "like a new signing" he was flopping at Arsenal
The expectations are so low now, the moment he scores a couple of tap-ins off his knee, from 1 yard out, everyone will think/yelling that 'He's back to his best!!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I actually think he's exactly like that, done, but still capable of game changing moments.
Sanchez hasnt had a single game changing moment since he arrived.. at no point has he even looked like he used to be quality or had moments of brilliance. His very few goals have all been either headers, tap ins or 1v1's, barely has any assists (and none that were anything special)... hes just looked mediocre in every sense past the point of it being "form". People complain about Pogba, Martial, rashford, Lukaku, Herrera, even Mata... but they all have their moments of quality. Sanchez had nothing for 1.5 years.

gza the genius

He did a couple of decent things in those highlights I guess but I mostly just noticed how often he fell down, how often he turned and came back towards his own goal and how often he lost the ball any time someone started pressing him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Sanchez hasnt had a single game changing moment since he arrived.. at no point has he even looked like he used to be quality or had moments of brilliance. His very few goals have all been either headers, tap ins or 1v1's, barely has any assists (and none that were anything special)... hes just looked mediocre in every sense past the point of it being "form". People complain about Pogba, Martial, rashford, Lukaku, Herrera, even Mata... but they all have their moments of quality. Sanchez had nothing for 1.5 years.
His best moment was his presentation

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
I actually think he's exactly like that, done, but still capable of game changing moments.
Don't think so. Except for the assist vs City from which Pogba scored his header, I can't think of anything else he's done here. He doesn't have neither passing ability or shooting skills Rooney had which Rooney still used even after he was already over the hill.

Cloud7

Watched the highlights and considering they were playing a very young Japan side he still looked sluggish and easy to read. Only thing he seems to still have is the ability to see a pass, apart from that against any decent opposition if you give him the ball he'll get dispossessed with ease.
He sees the pass, but then he tries that lofted through ball that very rarely actually picks out his target. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of them work since he’s been at United. It’s a bit reminiscent of Rooney and his attempts to chip the keeper every match after he did it once in his career.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Think the way held us to ransom on wanting 24M a year or I am going to City showed his true ambitions was not to play for Man utd just for the Money.
Yeah, the moment an oil club like City said "feck it, you want to much money" is the moment we should have steered clear. If they felt he wasn't worth it, why did we fall for it ?

red4ever 79

You mean game changing moments as in when he sits on the grass and holds his knee, or his hamstring. I suppose we could class that as a game changing moment as we have to make a sub.

tomaldinho1

I love how we're gluttons for punishment. Deep down we all know he's done.

Play him as a striker and he'll grab a few goals but this is our highest paid player, he must be moved on sharpish

Moriarty

Yeah, the moment an oil club like City said "feck it, you want to much money" is the moment we should have steered clear. If they felt he wasn't worth it, why did we fall for it ?
The temporary thrill of gazumping City. Buy in haste, repent at leisure, to adapt an old phrase.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Can see this guy doing a Bale and collecting every penny of his £96million pounds he will earn on the remainder of his contract. Sickening.

Dve

I seriously think Sanchez could have a great coming season. A full preseason without injuries may serve him well, and he certainly has something to prove. His effort in the last games suggests the problem is not the will.

el3mel

I seriously think Sanchez could have a great coming season. A full preseason without injuries may serve him well, and he certainly has something to prove. His effort in the last games suggests the problem is not the will.
Like last season? Because he had one and still looked dogshite in the season itself.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Don't think so. Except for the assist vs City from which Pogba scored his header, I can't think of anything else he's done here. He doesn't have neither passing ability or shooting skills Rooney had which Rooney still used even after he was already over the hill.
You mean game changing moments as in when he sits on the grass and holds his knee, or his hamstring. I suppose we could class that as a game changing moment as we have to make a sub.
:D Easy now. I said he was done. But also had it in him to do something game changing. It's not the same as saying we should keep him. I'm firmly of the opinion that the most important transfer this summer is getting Alexis out the door, preferably without subsidising his wages, waving a fee and no loan. But we fecked ourselves with this, so a loan that covers the wages or waving a fee and paying a little towards his wages would be acceptable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.