Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It was when we played Juventus away and won in the last few minutes. He played alright up top and also did so against Bournemouth when we allowed Martial to push up closer to goal and have Pogba use the space vacated by him. This was when there were reports released about how Jose was starting to let McKenna have a bit more control in training and the players said they were starting to use the ball on the ground a lot more.
Good memory that sounds about right.

lysglimt

Scout
The way I see it - if we can't find anyone willing to cover all his wages, we might as well keep him. I would prefer us having Alexis if we pay him £400.000 a week than to give him to someone else if we still have to pay half his wages.

Godfather

Anyone with half a brain can see that he is twice the player through the middle. Let's see if Ole can.

SATA

Ole should play him as his number nine, not his beloved 'Rashy'. Nobody is going to take Alexis off us, may as well get the best out of it

Canagel

Even if he scored 10 goals in the Copa it doesn't make any difference to us. He had enough time to settle in to the team but made us worse and never came close to establishing a chemistry with the team. He was bought to be the talisman immediately-not a long term project to be developed.

Lee565

How come so many players look like rubbish for us and then they look like the player you expect them to be when away with their countries.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I don't doubt that he'd be a good player next season if he stays fit. That's mostly been his problem with us coupled with the rest of the team being rubbish.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I still think that he can be our best attacking player and i want him to stay. But i don't have any idea what Ole will do with him. On the right? Or on the left? New Ronaldo is first choice no9 so he will not use him there.

Luke1995

I don't have any expectations. Let's just see what happens. If he goes, he goes, if he stays, more squad depth.

Dve

I don't doubt that he'd be a good player next season if he stays fit. That's mostly been his problem with us coupled with the rest of the team being rubbish.
The reports are he´s playing with an ankle injury. Hurray.

Stacks

Anyone with half a brain can see that he is twice the player through the middle. Let's see if Ole can.
They said this about Rooney. He'll have one or two good games with England at CM and suddenly he is a solid CM. Alexis is done out here. The Prem is too pacey and physical. He'd get thrown all over the place like a rag doll

Lee565

Fingers crossed he carries on having a good tournament and other club teams will be tempted to sign him if United would prefer to get him off the books.

Winrar

I'm all for giving second chances, but my patience has ran out with him and I think it will be best for us if he goes. Hopefully we can recoup as much fee as we can by letting him go after his having a good international tournament.

If we fail to get rid of him this season, we should at least try him out in a more central position.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He's lost his explosivness along with low confidence, which is his biggest problem. He will never be world class player again, not even close.

Patrick08

Even if he scored 10 goals in the Copa it doesn't make any difference to us. He had enough time to settle in to the team but made us worse and never came close to establishing a chemistry with the team. He was bought to be the talisman immediately-not a long term project to be developed.
He is a striker now and that the way he should be used. Any top manager will understand this while using him. Do we have enough wisdom to get the best out of players anymore and build a proper balanced team?

Not looking at the moment.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I know i'm weird, and all that, but i actually think this guy Will be great next year!

hobbers

He would actually be a far less useless player for us as an out an out striker. That's definitely true for two obvious reasons.

The only competition for #9 is an oaf with no first touch and Rashford, who was abysmal for most of the second half of the season there.

And at striker he'll be on the ball a lot less than as a winger. Which means he'll have less opportunity to overplay and lose possession.

But if Sanchez at #9 is the ace in the hole for fixing our toothless attack, well, hello finishing 9th next season. Even if he'd be less useless, he's still toast as a Premier League level footballer in terms of his fitness. He might get a chance next season, have one good game, and then another muscle will pop.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ole should play him as his number nine, not his beloved 'Rashy'. Nobody is going to take Alexis off us, may as well get the best out of it
Yes but dropping him, not starting him.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Couple of decent passes. Other than that, nothing special at all.
... and still playing on the left. Some things just never change.

To think that he is one of the highest paid players in the world -- Top 5 (After Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo, Bale?) :(

This heavy wage burden will definitely affect our ability to pay potential transfers what we could otherwise. Its the wage of 3-4 youngish transfers at least.

The internal finger-pointing on the Sanchez signing must be at its top top peak by now.

DoomSlayer

Very disrespectful comments towards Ole and the club, from both Sanchez and the Chile manager, in my opinion. Why are we allowing external people to comment so freely on United's business?

Also, there was another quote I can't find at the moment that implies Sanchez played through an injury in the game "because he is more loved" in the national team. The audacity to be saying all this nonsense, considering the amount of money he has basically stolen from the club.

Edit: Found it

haram

We should at least try him in a central position and stop him wasting his energy out wide. He does not have exceptional pace but surely his movement and work rate can work as a false 9.

Last edited:

NoPace

He's like past it Torres and Shevchenko before him now, we need to move him on, injuries have ruined him as hes clearly been on the downward slope, cut our losses. A shame considering I feel Sanchez has good intentions and has a good work ethic but hes on obscene money thats just damaging our wage structure too with very very little in return.
I can't see past this. Sanchez has played 14.5 seasons of club ball (593 games) and 126 international games. Just seems like too much to expect much from him. 10 goals in his last 51 games in the Prem is pretty rough, we'd need him to at least double that rate to be of even decent use here considering how often he gives the ball away and that he's not a great playmaker.

I think this one is a sunk cost, hopefully some Serie A side bails us out.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
No man he's just been terrible. Part of the problem and not the solution. Whatever is going on behind the scenes at Utd is poison at the moment and he’s got to be a big part of that.

Last edited:

meamth

Yeah, good performance.

But injured again...what? His muscles and tissues gone soft due to aging. confirmed.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Very disrespectful comments towards Ole and the club, from both Sanchez and the Chile manager, in my opinion. Why are we allowing external people to comment so freely on United's business?

Also, there was another quote I can't find at the moment that implies Sanchez played through an injury in the game "because he is more loved" in the national team. The audacity to be saying all this nonsense, considering the amount of money he has basically stolen from the club.

Edit: Found it
Somehow I am guessing that his views may not be the same if he was paying Alexis' salary.

yamo123x

Would rather keep and play centrally than ship him out and pay his wages.makes no sense at all unless he is disruptive and is desperate to leave

buckooo1978

be amazing if he dominates Copa America and some club takes a punt on him

even if we got some decent performances from him it's hard to imagine him making a long term positive impact

Ace of Spades

People need to stop this 'one more season' shit with these past it players, it is the reason that we still have dead weights like him that pull the club down. Barely available most of the time with repeated injuries, and even when he plays he is shit. Other players look at him and the contract that he is given and demand the same. His signing is one of the biggest mistakes that we have made, and it is affecting the entire club and the players around as well.

UpWithRivers

Even if he plays ok then it's still a problem. I think half the problem of unrest was due to his high wages and hence you get the likes of Rashford and De Gea demanding high wages. I can't blame them. If De Gea, our best player over 3 seasons sees someone on double his wages that isn't doing anything to contribute it must be annoying to say the least. Of course this is all a theory but if there is any truth he needs to go.

Silas

We should at least try him in a central position and stop him wasting his energy out wide. He does not have exceptional pace but surely his movement and work rate can work as a false 9.
Everyone thinks the same, but there's the Rashy problem.

manutddjw

Even if he plays ok then it's still a problem. I think half the problem of unrest was due to his high wages and hence you get the likes of Rashford and De Gea demanding high wages. I can't blame them. If De Gea, our best player over 3 seasons sees someone on double his wages that isn't doing anything to contribute it must be annoying to say the least. Of course this is all a theory but if there is any truth he needs to go.
You’re probably right but to me it shows what little girls we have at the club. Remember when we signed RVP? RVP came in on the second highest wages in the squad, yet our players were over the moon that we brought him in because they figured he was going to help us win trophies. We signed Sanchez in similar fashion and our players don’t care they just get their feelings hurt because someone makes more.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
You’re probably right but to me it shows what little girls we have at the club. Remember when we signed RVP? RVP came in on the second highest wages in the squad, yet our players were over the moon that we brought him in because they figured he was going to help us win trophies. We signed Sanchez in similar fashion and our players don’t care they just get their feelings hurt because someone makes more.
There's one massive difference- RVP instantly delivered through his performances while Sanchez has never shown on the pitch why was he given such salary. If RVP failed to deliver no question there would be unrest in the squad, same with Sanchez- in case he started like RVP and made difference on the pitch no way anyone would question his salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.