5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpWithRivers

There's one massive difference- RVP instantly delivered through his performances while Sanchez has never shown on the pitch why was he given such salary. If RVP failed to deliver no question there would be unrest in the squad, same with Sanchez- in case he started like RVP and made difference on the pitch no way anyone would question his salary.
Exactly. If Sanchez stays he needs to be top scorer and take the team to another level. If he does then no problem. If Ronaldo scored 3 goals then Juve players would be pissed. But at least Ronaldo brings more than just performances. He brings drive and determination which spurs the other players to train harder, gives the youth players someone to look up to, he brings leadership, he brings the spotlight to Juve, and attracts players- for example de light. Sanchez has done what exactly? Absolutely nothing. Literally.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Knowing our club, he will probably get new improved contract for good performances for Chile.

youngrell

He's done. That highlight video proves it. Chile lost possession almost every time the ball went near him. He looks like he's falling over the moment he starts running, his play is so predictable and he no longer has the acceleration to get away with it.

DoomSlayer

He's done. That highlight video proves it. Chile lost possession almost every time the ball went near him. He looks like he's falling over the moment he starts running, his play is so predictable and he no longer has the acceleration to get away with it.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Sanchez can still be a good player inside the box, but he will never be world class anymore and there have been numerous reports in the media throughout the years that he is a bit of a dick in the dressing room, which I tend to believe in.

As things stand, he is the highest paid Premier League player - this cannot be acceptable and his presence will only be detrimental to the squad. I'd rather give his place in the team to the likes of Greenwood and Gomes, who have all the time in the world to improve. They'd also likely be just as useful as him, considering what the Chilean has contributed so far.

youngrell

I agree wholeheartedly.

Sanchez can still be a good player inside the box, but he will never be world class anymore and there have been numerous reports in the media throughout the years that he is a bit of a dick in the dressing room, which I tend to believe in.

As things stand, he is the highest paid Premier League player - this cannot be acceptable and his presence will only be detrimental to the squad. I'd rather give his place in the team to the likes of Greenwood and Gomes, who have all the time in the world to improve. They'd also likely be just as useful as him, considering what the Chilean has contributed so far.
His on-pitch demeanour does not do anything to quell this theory, either. His arm throwing and pointing as if everyone around him is useless.

I do feel for him a bit, he looks super frustrated in himself that he can no longer do what he used to. I feel like that sometimes when I play at my age, but it's every game for this guy.

He could probably be useful late on in some games when we need a goal, but hat is not something you pay £400k a week, or whatever it is, for.

Kostov

It isn't even his performances, it is the wage that is the problem. It has destabilized the club completely.
The thing that destabilized the club is the lack of leadership and proper structure in every level. We've been paying over inflated wages for years and to everyone by the looks of it, it was always going to bite us on the ass. When Alexis and his agent were negotiating his contract do you think they would have accepted 180k a week when a nothing player like Lingard gets 120k a week? Or while Ashley Young is on 120k a week?

haram

The thing that destabilized the club is the lack of leadership and proper structure in every level. We've been paying over inflated wages for years and to everyone by the looks of it, it was always going to bite us on the ass. When Alexis and his agent were negotiating his contract do you think they would have accepted 180k a week when a nothing player like Lingard gets 120k a week? Or while Ashley Young is on 120k a week?
Alexis joined midway through a season where Lingard got 20 goals and assists... Jesse is on 100k.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Then pay him £250,000 he isn't worth more than that. We got fooled.

youngrell

It isn't even his performances, it is the wage that is the problem. It has destabilized the club completely.
It's both. The ludicrous wage would already cause issues among the playing staff, but when said player is barely playing or contributing close to zero when he does play, it exacerbates the situation.

The squad harmony would be just fine if Sanchez was putting in Messi performances.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's both. The ludicrous wage would already cause issues among the playing staff, but when said player is barely playing or contributing close to zero when he does play, it exacerbates the situation.

The squad harmony would be just fine if Sanchez was putting in Messi performances.
True.

Fer

His on-pitch demeanour does not do anything to quell this theory, either. His arm throwing and pointing as if everyone around him is useless.

I do feel for him a bit, he looks super frustrated in himself that he can no longer do what he used to. I feel like that sometimes when I play at my age, but it's every game for this guy.

He could probably be useful late on in some games when we need a goal, but hat is not something you pay £400k a week, or whatever it is, for.
Unless Sanchez becomes a player like Aguero next season, a lot of players like De Gea, Pogba, Rashford, etc would ask for more money. The problem with Sanchez is the high wages because no one is going to pay him that kind of money. He is the Bale for our team.

I think Alexis is a decent attacker who do his best every game. Unfortunately, he is not the player he used to be.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Alexis must be thanking his lucky stars -- one less difficult, near impossible RB to play against now, in AWB.

May this 400k/wk gig run forever!! :drool:

sp_107

Totally agreed. This is one of the worse mistakes from UTD in last 6 years as it made other average players also think they deserve better wages and it dented the team spirit.

When most of the teammates give him cold shoulder, it would be difficult for any player to be in high spirits and it will have some impact on his game, on top of that his break-up with GF didn't help either.

Because of Alexies, Negotiating any other players new contract extensions also became so difficult (take Pogba Herrera and Degea)

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Scored the decisive pen last night, hows his performances been v the level of opposition he's faced?

Any chance he can take this good international form into the new PL season for us?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Scored the decisive pen last night, hows his performances been v the level of opposition he's faced?

Any chance he can take this good international form into the new PL season for us?
It’s been ok but he’s clearly struggling and nowhere near his best. I think he’s trying the right things for Chile at the moment but most are not coming off for him. The desire is there but I really feel we’re seeing Rooney MK2 now where clearly he was a quality player but the physical attributes that were relied on before wain and there isn’t enough quality elsewhere to make up the deficit.

He’s lost the pace to be a winger/forward and while he was an excellent dribbler and still shows decent agility I think it’s his acceleration that has dropped a touch.

Allas8

Watched the Colombia game. More of the same, hard working good linkup play, but he is no Rashford or Martial. When Sanchez has the ball in the opponents half, he either is going to play a sideway pass, cross or lose the ball. I would compare him with Mata and Lingard in term of what I expect getting out of him, the difference being Mata is a much cheaper option.

Toddler

People need to stop this 'one more season' shit with these past it players, it is the reason that we still have dead weights like him that pull the club down. Barely available most of the time with repeated injuries, and even when he plays he is shit. Other players look at him and the contract that he is given and demand the same. His signing is one of the biggest mistakes that we have made, and it is affecting the entire club and the players around as well.
correct

Stevondo8

Could he do a off-the-bench “go stand in the box and grab us a goal” kind of role? I know it’s a lot of money to pay someone for that but let’s face it, nobody is coming in for him are they? Need to find something he can do.

Nicolarra90

Why is he so much better for Chile than United?
It may be because of our Mapuche heritage (our most important natives, who are very nationalist and battlers).

It's not only an Alexis thing, if you look at the whole team they play much better for Chile than in their teams.

And not even only in football but in all sports. Look at Tennis. Gonzalez and Massu were very good in the tour, but never won a grand slam nor a master series, but for chile they got 2 gold medals, 1 silver and 1 bronze in olympic games, plus twice world champions in Dusseldorf.

It's a Chilean thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee565

Unless Sanchez becomes a player like Aguero next season, a lot of players like De Gea, Pogba, Rashford, etc would ask for more money. The problem with Sanchez is the high wages because no one is going to pay him that kind of money. He is the Bale for our team.

I think Alexis is a decent attacker who do his best every game. Unfortunately, he is not the player he used to be.
What I dont get is how Juventus get away with signing players for free on big wages without it completely upsetting their overall wage structure with the whole squad?

Lee565

If Arsenal were open to swapping him back to them and in return we take Ozil, would you?

MDFC Manager

If Arsenal were open to swapping him back to them and in return we take Ozil, would you?
Not sure, we need a good reliable striker to make it work with Ozil. Besides, there is already a lack of workrate in the team. Ozil will make it worse.

welshwingwizard

Why is he so much better for Chile than United?
Read an article about this. It says Chile is basically set up so he can stay up front and only has to focus on getting near the goal. In contrast with United, because he is on the left he gets ball too deep and also has to focus on some defensive stuff.

Point they were making was that essentially he isn't able to impact the game from deep but if Ole could relieve him of any defensive responsibilities and put him up top he still would be a good striker.

Personally I think that is more in hope than based on reality. In the same way people here think martial will become great if you just play him up top (as if the coaches aren't watching him in training). However, he is scoring for Chile in that role.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Read an article about this. It says Chile is basically set up so he can stay up front and only has to focus on getting near the goal. In contrast with United, because he is on the left he gets ball too deep and also has to focus on some defensive stuff.

Point they were making was that essentially he isn't able to impact the game from deep but if Ole could relieve him of any defensive responsibilities and put him up top he still would be a good striker.

Personally I think that is more in hope than based on reality. In the same way people here think martial will become great if you just play him up top (as if the coaches aren't watching him in training). However, he is scoring for Chile in that role.
He operates in exactly the same position where Pogba is it at his best, and also somewhat crowds out Martial. Absolutely idiocy to of purchased all 3 of those players to shoe-horn into the first XI, and there is no way on Earth Jose would have thought it a good idea. Which is obviously worrying in of itself.

If Pogba leaves, and we get a more traditional central midfielder, I actually think Sanchez's productivity would massively increase (not hard I know). We're obviously stuck with him, so that would make the most sense to me.

Fıstıkçı Şahap

Frankly I’d much rather have Alexis than Lukaku. Sanchez’s legs may have gone, but he’s still a proper footballer, who always works hard for the team. He’s much, much more suited to the way we want to play then fecking Lukaku.

This isn’t based on the CA, as I’ve barely watched it. But deployed correctly, as part of a high pressing team, Sanchez is a good option still at no.10 or no.9. I really believe that. I honestly think it’ll be impossible to ship him out, given the wages he’s on, so I would get him as fit as possible, as play him as a number/false 9. With Rashford and Martial operating either side of him.

We need runners from midfield to regularly get beyond him and break oppo lines and create overloads too. This guy has heart, and he will run for days. Forget what’s happened before, and just try and get the best out of him.
Agreed. We really should be playing with him centrally, Martial on the left and Rashford on the right. With the latter two swapping. Rashford and AWB is really something on the right I could get behind. Fluidity, of course, is always the key.

I feel similarly about Fred. He was a big signing, highly rated in Brasil. Personally I am excited to see what he can do now he’s had a season to settle. A high press approach suits a player of his engine well. I accept I’m probably in the tiny majority that still supports his United career though.

Candidly I have low expectations for this season. I highly doubt we’ll make the moves in the transfer market we need to. But even more than new players, this club needs proper coaching, and an aggressive attacking mentality. I think giving Ole a full season to implement his ideas and improve fitness, is the sensible move. Yet until we see a change of ownership and executive management, nothing meaningful is going to be accomplished at this club.

The ONLY upside to continued failure, which leads to downward pressure on revenue, and coupled with continually inflating transfer fees, is that at some point we reach a situation where the Glazers find it more attractive to sell than hold the asset. I feel we are close to reaching that point, and am hopeful we will be under new ownership inside of 3 years.
Nice to see some positivity here regarding our players. I agree fully with you on both Alexis & Fred. Have not give up on them yet. I'd also much rather have Sanchez than Lukaku. Hope we sell the latter and add some quality wingers/wide players to our squad and use Alexis in the middle. Lukaku is not suited to the game Ole wants to play and could bring some cash. We need wide players more than we need strikers IMO. Hope you're right with your feelings about Glazers too.

Based Adnan

The only positive about his signing is if he went to City then Liverpool would have won the league last season

LS17

Is he even that much better for Chile than Utd? I mean them highlights make him look as absolute average as always, losing the ball all the time etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.