Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I'd like to try him as the most advanced forward, and have Lukau + another behind him. Still think we're getting so little from him because he basically doesn't touch the ball in the box.

Lukaku could be the 'flick on' or drift into the right channel, and Alexis can be on the shoulder.

jem

It baffles me how Pogba has taken way more flak than this guy. He's been under the RADAR but time is running out.
It baffles me how people randomly come up with stuff like this - Alexis has taken nothing but flak since arriving here (check the Martial thread if you need any proof.) He deserves it as he's been very underwhelming, but let's not pretend he's flown under the radar. Pogba also deserves every bit of flak that has come his way, but that's for another discussion.

MiceOnMeth

It baffles me how people randomly come up with stuff like this - Alexis has taken nothing but flak since arriving here (check the Martial thread if you need any proof.) He deserves it as he's been very underwhelming, but let's not pretend he's flown under the radar. Pogba also deserves every bit of flak that has come his way, but that's for another discussion.
By United fans yes Sanchez has gotten the flack he deserves but I've barely heard any from the media tear into him like Souness and Scholes attack Pogba

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think he'll be so much better in central as a striker or 2nd striker. He's too predictable on the left & nowdays he doesn't seem want to use his left foot.

flappyjay

We really should switch to a two striker system. Martial did well last year with Lukaku and I am sure a Sanchez-Lukaku partnership could be as good if not better.

Jose confirmed he won't be going away on International duty so that's good news for us.

Xaviboy

I would like to see him in front 2 with Lukaku. Think he will play his best there. More chance of receiving the ball in central areas and linking up with Lukaku. He looked so sharp upfront in pre season in couple of his games.

Reactions: Sultan

Alabaster Codify7

Agree with those who want a front 2.
If that fails, we're screwed. Persoanlly, I think he's done - I think we've bought a busted flush and made a huge mistake. I dont view this as a dip in form, the effort is clearly there and the attitude, but the application is non-existent and this isn't some youngster just waiting for it to click.

Burnley 0:2 Man Utd

Irwin99

Some positive signs and a great assist. Looked pretty annoyed to be subbed though. So glad he's not on international duty.

el3mel

Great today. Assist and had a big role in the second goal. You can question his erratic passing but you can never question his mentality at least. He's always trying to pull something off.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
His chance creation stats today were top notch and he looked 'at it.' Good signs for the season. If he can keep putting the ball onto Rom's head we'll win a lot of games that way.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Agree with those who want a front 2.
If that fails, we're screwed. Persoanlly, I think he's done - I think we've bought a busted flush and made a huge mistake. I dont view this as a dip in form, the effort is clearly there and the attitude, but the application is non-existent and this isn't some youngster just waiting for it to click.
Out of interest, how much did you watch him at Arsenal?

He plays much wider than he did at Arsenal and heh hasn't been about dribbling and beating players for a while. He's great around the box, linking up with players with 1-2s and flicks and lob passes. I actually think he'd work well with Martial.

NinjaFletch

Thought he was quality today and decent Monday despite an instance from some that he was awful. Positive signs.

MadMike

Good game today but we need more goal scoring threat from him. Needs to start getting into dangerous positions. It can’t be just Lukaku on his own. We have 5 goals in 4 games, 2 of which are pens and all 3 from open play are from Lukaku.

We need both him and the other forwards besides Lukaku to start getting some goals. At the moment if Rom is having a bad day or is marked very well we look toothless up front.

I know it might seem weird saying that today after he had a good game, but it just feels something that will be picked up on as a problem as soon as we have a bad game.

caid

Thought that was his best game for us by a fair margin. Just looked a lot more settled and like his roll in the team is starting to click a bit. Looked a bit more confident too.

Suedesi

I must have been watching another game. He is a busted flush, and sticks out of our front line as sore thumb

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I must have been watching another game. He is a busted flush, and sticks out of our front line as sore thumb
This is the first game he’s played for us where I didn’t think that. He impressed me today.

freeurmind

weak willed
He was quality today, great ball for the first goal. He's got a unique style but you can't deny that when he's on the ball more often than not he'll deliver quality in that final third. Think he really benefits from having the left-sided Shaw on the overlap as well, stops the defence from just doubling up on him.

Raven

Been a big critic of his, but today was a good sign of improvement. It felt the ball was moving faster in general today though, possibly McKenna and Carrick's influence showing through?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Positive. I'd like to see that as his regular game and don't think it's too much to expect. With some outstanding performances thrown in too, it'd mean he's been worth it.

gza the genius

It was definitely a much better performance overall but he still wasn't really that great. The assist was nice though. Glad he's not going on international duty.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Thought he was quality today and decent Monday despite an instance from some that he was awful. Positive signs.
Didn't see the game today but yes this narrative that he was bad against Spurs when he came on is strange. It's shit how disjointed his season has been given he really needed to hit the ground running and especially frustrating given by all accounts he had a really good pre-season

Hopefully he gets a good run in the side after the international break

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He plays pretty well when he doesn’t play like a school playground Alexis Sanchez. Why does he still think he’s 19 and must dribble 3/4 players? He doesn’t have the athleticism or ability for it anymore. Just play for the team and pass the ball to Lukaku

JoaquinJoaquin

Good yesterday. His legs may have gone, but yesterday showed that he is still capable of contributing to a high level.

James Peril

Good yesterday. His legs may have gone, but yesterday showed that he is still capable of contributing to a high level.
The guys is 29 years old, I'm not sure if you're serious or taking the piss. He hasn't lost his legs - he is not some 37 year old Zlatan in the MLS or a fat Rooney trying to do the same things as he did in 2010.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He has to play as a striker/AMC closer to goal.

He is done as a winger now that much is obvious, he just doesn't have the pace anymore to get away from players.

When working closer with people around him though he can still be effective, good cross for Lukaku.

SER19

I thought he was good yesterday . Looked way more set when dribbling rather than looking like he was on skates and generally played more sensible passes, worked very hard as always.

IrishRedDevil

Great news that he isn't going on international duty. 2 more weeks to work on his fitness using yesterday as a platform.

Shaw bombing down the left wing providing overlapping runs is a big plus for Sanchez. What we seen yesterday in terms of Sanchez cutting inside and providing a lovely cross to Lukaku could prove to be very useful.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Good stats. He’s not even close to being as bad as he’s portrayed on here. Incredibly wasteful at times but always working and one of few players we have who can make things happen in the final third. Yesterday was his best performance to date. Just need him to go on a scoring run now.

NinjaFletch

Good stats. He’s not even close to being as bad as he’s portrayed on here. Incredibly wasteful at times but always working and one of few players we have who can make things happen in the final third. Yesterday was his best performance to date. Just need him to go on a scoring run now.
You can see the night and day difference between his desire to get on the ball and make things happen and a certain Caf favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.