Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

finneh

Was a very good performance I thought.

I'd love to see him centrally alongside a front three of Rashford and Lingard. The benefit we'd get from those three pressing in tandem (with Fred likewise in midfield) I think would out-way anything we'd lose.

Not that it would happen if Lukaku is fit.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
Why not compare him to to the best in the league or the best players in the top 6 rather than selectively picking players. Mendy has 4 assists whilst Sanchez has 1. Pointless stat.

James Peril

Some bring up the fact that he’s wasteful and loses the ball a lot, tries a lot of passes that ends in nothing or gets intercepted. Well, there’s two sides to that story. I’d rather have someone (not all, mind) that tries magical stuff instead of always doing what’s expected. When you try to create, you’ll lose the ball more compared to when you do the safe thing over and over. Hazard is guilty of the same in every game for sure, Ronaldo too - how many would have hit the goal with that free-kick against Arsenal? How many would have taken that shot against Porto? Back-heel against Aston Villa and so on and so forth.

Sanchez of course needs to produce higher numbers to be fully excused, but he can only try more and see what happens when we summarize his season. He needs 25+ goals points to be rated a success I guess, so far he’s got two assists in three games (should have been one more when Lukaku missed a sitter vs Leicester)

OL29

Some bring up the fact that he’s wasteful and loses the ball a lot, tries a lot of passes that ends in nothing or gets intercepted. Well, there’s two sides to that story. I’d rather have someone (not all, mind) that tries magical stuff instead of always doing what’s expected. When you try to create, you’ll lose the ball more compared to when you do the safe thing over and over. Hazard is guilty of the same in every game for sure, Ronaldo too - how many would have hit the goal with that free-kick against Arsenal? How many would have taken that shot against Porto? Back-heel against Aston Villa and so on and so forth.

Sanchez of course needs to produce higher numbers to be fully excused, but he can only try more and see what happens when we summarize his season. He needs 25+ goals points to be rated a success I guess, so far he’s got two assists in three games (should have been one more when Lukaku missed a sitter vs Leicester)
I think the issue was more with his numbers like you mentioned. If he had been putting up Arsenal numbers no one would complain. It's been a promising start to the season so far for Sanchez, I hope he gets a goal soon so it doesn't start to weigh heavy. An Alexis playing to his full potential is a really good secondary goal threat.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Why not compare him to to the best in the league or the best players in the top 6 rather than selectively picking players. Mendy has 4 assists whilst Sanchez has 1. Pointless stat.
Take Keita out for a second, just focus on Mendy, Hazard and Eriksen.

Hazard and Eriksen are the most creative players at Chelsea and Spurs, they belong in that list.

Mendy is a bit more complicated, but the comparison is not bad at all because he is heavily involved into the attacking play at City. Pep even dropped Sane for him, his most creative attacker last season. He has been phenomenal in the first few games, no doubt about it. 4 assists is great, you just should factor in chance creation as well because if a pass counts as an assist or not is very much dependent on the finishing of the other players. It makes a difference if you feed Aguero or Lukaku, if that makes sense.

Anyway, the tweet doesn't show that Mendy is shit, but that Sanchez is also productive in creating chances.

Obviously Keita doesn't have to be in that tweet, primarily because he has many more tasks. I would even say that he is more defensive than Mendy, despite the latter being a defender on paper. Who would you say is the most creative player at Pool?

el3mel

Hazard and Eriksen aren't the best in the league now ?

JoaquinJoaquin

The guys is 29 years old, I'm not sure if you're serious or taking the piss. He hasn't lost his legs - he is not some 37 year old Zlatan in the MLS or a fat Rooney trying to do the same things as he did in 2010.
This isn't the same Sanchez that was playing for Arsenal 2 years ago, That is a fact. When was the last time you seen him beat a defender, out of curiousity? I like Sanchez and his work rate is fantastic (even when he is playing bad), but if you think this is the same Sanchez as 2 years ago then you must be in the clouds.

Toddler

I don't know what to think about him right now. Good assist for Lukaku. I'm a little bit baffled on the fact that he seems to have lost a lot of pace?? Hopefully he farts the explosiveness back from somewhere, or we might have a another really bad transfer in our hands.

Aloysius's Back 3

This might be the wrong opinion but IL say it anyway - Sanchez was only really consistent in his career one or 2 seasons.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't know why he get such vitriol here. He's a fecking top player. Every attacker would have struggled in this team in the last 8 months. Just hope we keep up the way we've played in the last one and half games and this guy will flourish.

Adisa

I don't know what to think about him right now. Good assist for Lukaku. I'm a little bit baffled on the fact that he seems to have lost a lot of pace?? Hopefully he farts the explosiveness back from somewhere, or we might have a another really bad transfer in our hands.
He's certainly lost a bit of acceleration and directness but he was never a speed merchant. Just always had great intensity when running with the ball. A bit like Suarez.

OL29

Don't know why he get such vitriol here. He's a fecking top player. Every attacker would have struggled in this team in the last 8 months. Just hope we keep up the way we've played in the last one and half games and this guy will flourish.
I think it's because his arrival seemed to co-incide with a downturn in our results and performances. Not his fault but I'm sure that plays a part. That and the fact he's been obviously underwhelming.

Adisa

I think it's because his arrival seemed to co-incide with a downturn in our results and performances. Not his fault but I'm sure that plays a part. That and the fact he's been obviously underwhelming.
Our firm had started to slide as far back as December last year. There's a correlation between Sanchez arriving and the football degrading bit don't think there's any causation. The entire team has been in a slump. What's more, Sanchez did not play for quite a while after he signed.
I do feel our attacking threat from wide areas is almost non existent when he's played on the left. Our right side is already a write off. Playing with Young on the left provided no threat. Young is an inverted LB and Sanchez plays almost like a CM at times.
We should have moved to a two man attack long ago.

OL29

Our firm had started to slide as far back as December last year. There's a correlation between Sanchez arriving and the football degrading bit don't think there's any causation. The entire team has been in a slump. What's more, Sanchez did not play for quite a while after he signed.
I do feel our attacking threat from wide areas is almost non existent when he's played on the left. Our right side is already a write off. Playing with Young on the left provided no threat. Young is an inverted LB and Sanchez plays almost like a CM at times.
We should have moved to a two man attack long ago.
Results wise? I can't remember the matches in Jan before he joined but apart from the loss to city we had a decent December from what I can remember, beating both Arsenal and Watford away. Also beat Everton away just after New years if I'm not mistaken.
Agree about him positionally. He just doesn't have the burst of speed to come in from the touchline these days but his technical quality is still there, as seen by his cross for Lukaku's first yesterday. Would like to see him behind Lukaku but Lingard is also at his best in that position so it's a bit of a conundrum.

caid

Was he ever that fast? Hes a bit older and a winger so slowing down is going to hurt his game obviously but I'd be kind of surprised if his form falls off a cliff. Theres always been more to his game.

Cereal

Supports
Colo Colo
He has not lost nothing to worry about. Sanchez is explosive and exploits the weight balance of the defenders, that's his way to beat a defender and needs some space to do so with overlapping LB with high stamina. I think Monreal played a big role in Sanchez arsenal success, and of course, the way that they play.

With this new brand attacking Mourinho, I'm sure Sanchez is going to shine.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What is wrong with him? Why does he consistently play as if he’s trying to impress his buddies in a school playground?

Toddler

Was he ever that fast? Hes a bit older and a winger so slowing down is going to hurt his game obviously but I'd be kind of surprised if his form falls off a cliff. Theres always been more to his game.
No he has never been the fastest player around, but he has had that explosiveness to take players on which seems to have disappeared. Lets hope he finds it.

ash_86

I think he could play the lingard role if asked to which is like a second striker. Bring back Martial in for the LW role.

Fosu-Mens

No he has never been the fastest player around, but he has had that explosiveness to take players on which seems to have disappeared. Lets hope he finds it.
Speed/explosiveness is the first ability to drop in players due to age. Can see it in Ronaldo as well.
For a player like Sanchez that has been dependent on his physical abilities (acceleration and agility) in his play, this is troublesome. Hopefully he can adapt to this.

dpansheth

What is wrong with him? Why does he consistently play as if he’s trying to impress his buddies in a school playground?
He's taking a longer time to settle in than I thought he would. I noticed numerous times his pass was off by inches to his team mates. It only takes off by inches to break the attack. I hope they are working on it in training and can correct it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He posted it as his instagram story. So strange :lol:
Translation:
"I wish you the best of the world it was beautiful to have met you and to share nice moments with you, but we decided that each one should follow his own path, to seek our dreams"

Nicolarra90

His dip in form started with that relationship. Might have lost his focus, i really don't know, but it started around last confederations, after that an underwhelming half season with arsenal. Then couldn't step up for our national team and got out of the WC, and then his shit half with us. It may have some relation, at least he says he wants to focus on his career. Hope his performances get better.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Absolute trash honestly. His legs have gone, he doesn’t have any quality or explosiveness. Martial and Rashford instead please for that left side.

Loublaze

ATLien
He's stinking up the place. Holy Christ he's shit. Never thought he'd be this bad

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's declined. Doesn't matter how much rest we give him, it's a Rooney situation. Not that old but old enough where it's clearly had an effect and all the games he's played over his career has took his toll. Lost that explosiveness, looks weak, doesn't have that agility anymore... Was excited when we were getting him as I always liked him at Arsenal, but it's looking more and more like he's just past it.

Status
Not open for further replies.