5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redrich91

Said it already before his first game here. Some players can get away with getting slower but not Sanchez.

Not sure that even China clubs can afford to give him those crazy wages. Besides, why would he go to China?
South American players are notorious for being money chasers. He will go anywhere there is money. If I were United, I would get rid of him the first opportunity that arises and buy a proper RW

crossy1686

career ending
This isn’t Fifa mate
Who said it was? People are acting like we're stuck with a player just because we signed him last January and he's on daft wages. We can shift anyone we want if we want to, since when did Sanchez become bigger than the club? Can tell some of the people here have never worked in a management position...

Snafu17

That would be beyond stupid from the club, and frankly I can't see neither Woodward nor Jose accepting such a clause. It would be interfering into team selection and tactics, and I can't see Jose allowing that.
Also, he already played on the right a few times (notably against Chelsea at home). I guess either Mourinho or Alexis just don't like the idea. Which is weird, but it is what it is.

Kostov

Also, he already played on the right a few times (notably against Chelsea at home). I guess either Mourinho or Alexis just don't like the idea. Which is weird, but it is what it is.
Yes I think he did, or they switched with Martial through out the game, and we were good if I'm not mistaken. Strangely or due to circumstances let's say, they haven't done so since.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Sanchez didn't play wide right against Chelsea, that was the much fabled 4-2-2-2 game

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That would be beyond stupid from the club, and frankly I can't see neither Woodward nor Jose accepting such a clause. It would be interfering into team selection and tactics, and I can't see Jose allowing that.
Agreed, but how do you then explain that he's pretty much never been on the right when he has played there throughout his career? When he first came in, Martial was in great form and everyone thought Sanchez would come in for the right wing. Instead, Sanchez has essentially taken his spot, never dropped despite his poor form, and hasn't been tried on the right wing. Obviously Mourinho knows the right wing is an issue, so why is Sanchez never playing on the right? It just doesn't make sense.

AR87

He should play behind Martial and Lukaku at the tip of a midfield diamond IMO. Him and Lingard should compete for that position. Alexis can also play up top in a partnership. I hope that Jose trusts Shaw and Valencia/Dalot enough to provide width and get back defensively to set us up that way because I think it is the formation which would get the most out of our attacking talent.

Kostov

Agreed, but how do you then explain that he's pretty much never been on the right when he has played there throughout his career? When he first came in, Martial was in great form and everyone thought Sanchez would come in for the right wing. Instead, Sanchez has essentially taken his spot, never dropped despite his poor form, and hasn't been tried on the right wing. Obviously Mourinho knows the right wing is an issue, so why is Sanchez never playing on the right? It just doesn't make sense.
I agree it’s fecking strange and annoying. I guess it’s one of those cases when even the best of managers have a blind spot for a problem and an obvious solution, and it’s a matter of time before he does the obvious. At least I hope it’s that.

Hughes35

If you lose a yard of pace isn't it easier to play on the opposite side so you can cut in onto your stronger foot?

I'd imagine for him playing on the right it wouldn't be possible for him to chase to the byline to get in crosses? His game now is basically getting the ball, cutting inside and trying to find a killer pass / cross....... the problem is that it's so predictable because it's all he now does.

Patrick08

If you lose a yard of pace isn't it easier to play on the opposite side so you can cut in onto your stronger foot?

I'd imagine for him playing on the right it wouldn't be possible for him to chase to the byline to get in crosses? His game now is basically getting the ball, cutting inside and trying to find a killer pass / cross....... the problem is that it's so predictable because it's all he now does.
Needs to play near oppositions box, to make an impact with the movement and finishing he has got, but asked to work harder in deeper positions and beat 2 men at in wide areas. He was never known for his pace.

Greck

He cant be a hug the touchline winger but none of our RW options are expected to play that way anyway. Our RWs are typically secondary Number 10s. Mata and Lingard never stay wide and I wouldn't expect Sanchez to do the same if he's played there. Might actually enjoy the freedom more

Hughes35

Needs to play near oppositions box, to make an impact with the movement and finishing he has got, but asked to work harder in deeper positions and beat 2 men at in wide areas. He was never known for his pace.
I agree, I don't think he wants to do it though. He's like a kid in the playgroud that just wants to run and run. He'd be better saving his energy for some short bursts late in the game when the defenders concentration slips. Also I think to have a right footed player near the box he has to play on the left so if he does get a chance it's on his stronger foot.

Bestietom

He needs to be dropped, he is stopping our fast open football, by losing the ball all the time. Martial or Rashford would be much better for us on the left.

spiriticon

For a player who is playing in his favourite position arguably, he's utter fecking SHITE.

Cloud7

Think we were sold a defective unit. Woody needs to start looking for the receipt

DRM

feck me I hope we never see this turd playing for United again. Truly atrocious

Skills

Snitch
All he needs is 10-15-20 more starts then he'll settle in and start delivering the goods. #believe

Patrick08

Time to drop him completely. He's shite. That's all.
Mourinho's shit. How long can we throw all the wide players under the bus? He needs to play closer to goal, if that's how mourinho plans to use wide players, then we should have bought perisic and not Sanchez.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Needs to go to #9 or not play at all. All that effort to get rid of Rooney and we replaced him with another has-been on top wages.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's proper shit. Needs to be dropped. Loses the ball constantly with shitty lofted passes, doesn't seem to have that explosiveness he had at Arsenal, plays like one low drilled ball to Lukaku per game that's decent, but fecks about the rest of the game.

Even when he tracks back does he ever actually win the ball back? He just huffs and puts pressure on a player but that's it. Useless.

JohnnyKills

Was good today. Some lovely interplay around the box. We should have taken Lukaku off, not him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's one of the biggest flops we've ever had if we're being honest. Di maria did FAR more for us compared to what Sanchez has done in this calendar year. Should never start on the left. Ever. fecking tumescent. So far past it.

Zoo

Of today’s front 3 he’s the only one who doesn’t have the World Cup as an excuse, he had a full preseason. Mourinho needs to seriously consider dropping him.

marktan

He's basically doing a Rooney, he's lot all fluidity in his movement and his touch has gone too. We should've signed someone young that can run really.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was good today. Some lovely interplay around the box. We should have taken Lukaku off, not him.
What? That qualifies as a "very good" performance? For Manchester fecking United? Holy shit have our standards dropped.

Lukaku, Valencia & De Gea are our 3 undroppables. He will never be brought off unless he is injured.

-Supreme-

He didn't play in midweek so had plenty of time to rest and prepare for this game but he just really poor, very concerning.

He will be the difference to where we end up finishing this season, at this rate I'm not optimistic

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He's proper shit. Needs to be dropped. Loses the ball constantly with shitty lofted passes, doesn't seem to have that explosiveness he had at Arsenal, plays like one low drilled ball to Lukaku per game that's decent, but fecks about the rest of the game.

Even when he tracks back does he ever actually win the ball back? He just huffs and puts pressure on a player but that's it. Useless.
Those annoy you too don't they :lol: ?

Status
Not open for further replies.