5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade

It’s painful watching this guy and then seeing Mahrez at City. Why oh why didn’t we let City sign him? He probably would have disrupted them & piss Sane/Sterling off at the same time.

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
I'm really trying to understanding the logic where it's OK if they are earning 150k a week but 500k is obscene and is putting you off football. Both numbers are ridiculous and is beyond the wildest imagination of any regular person so in my view the numbers are just arbitrary. Also, I'm probably in the minority but I'd rather the money went to the players who entertain us every week than to the owners. Sanchez on the other hand is robbing us blind because he's not performing at the level we expected him to perform when we gave him the contract but It was a gamble we made because of how low the fee to get him was considering his contract situation.
Firstly, I wouldn't use the word 'obscene', and I don't even object to players earning whatever they can. I'm just wondering why I'm funding it.

Particularly as many of them are completely immature, and have no appreciation of anything outside of their bubble, barely being able to pay an electricity bill on their own. Even someone like Mourinho expects us to feel sorry for him because he has to stay in an entire floor of a 5* hotel, earning £15 million per year, because he's not with his family. Don't f*cking do it then! No-one's holding a gun to your head. Plenty of shift workers, people who work on oil rigs, armed forces, etc, do this sort of thing all the time, and they do it due to financial necessity, and they're paid a relative pittance.

Secondly, I didn't make any distinction between £150K and £500K wages. Both are extremely high, obviously. But the median average wage in the north west will be little over £25K per annum (official figures suggest it is slightly higher than this, but I am sceptical of these figures). It literally takes the average person 20 years to earn what Sanchez earns in a week. And then the players and managers still want us to feel sorry for them. I cannot remember one occasion in the modern game in which a professional has expressed any empathy with the fact that people who go to games work hard all week in most cases, and invest a significant proportion of their often meagre disposable income to support their team, while the cost of going continue to inflate, and this money goes directly into the pockets of millionaires and billionaires. Do the likes of Pogba and Sanchez have any appreciation of this at all? They don't seem to.

Thirdly, I specifically mentioned owners. Obviously in many cases the owners are parasites, extremely wealthy parasites at that. This simply makes me less likely to want to invest my money in football, not more likely.

Finally, I don't really agree that Sanchez is robbing the fans blind, any more than any other player. He made contract demands, the club agreed to pay them, and I'm sure he's trying to play well. He just hasn't got it any more. It's the club's fault for committing themselves to such a stupid contract in the first place, and the fans' fault for continuing to offer up their money whatever happens. All of the players are paid too much. Even Lee Grant and Scott McTominay make over £1 million per annum, and they do literally nothing! They might as well not exist!

I'm just not willing to tolerate being used and being treated like an economic unit any more, by people who are multi-millionaires and billionaires. But obviously other people are. Good luck to them.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
"Niggest" :lol:
Jeez haha I didn't even notice :lol: Surprised I'm not banned lol. I'll edit it.

Honestly, I get the feeling we only signed him so City couldn't have him. We already had 3 players who were capable on the left, we were crying out for someone on the right. This signing only made sense if Sanchez was played on the right. Especially when you consider Martial was arguably in the best form of his career in the weeks leading up to this signing.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Jeez haha I didn't even notice :lol: Surprised I'm not banned lol. I'll edit it.

Honestly, I get the feeling we only signed him so City couldn't have him. We already had 3 players who were capable on the left, we were crying out for someone on the right. This signing only made sense if Sanchez was played on the right. Especially when you consider Martial was arguably in the best form of his career in the weeks leading up to this signing.
I completely agree with you btw. Makes no sense to play him on the left

crossy1686

career ending
Maybe I'm crazy but I'm actually tempted to think this isn't such a bad idea :lol:

Would we not? Woodward sanctioned exactly that kind of pants pull-down with Rooney's new contract in 2014!
Rooney was different. He didn't want to go anywhere except Everton at the time and even they managed to offload him to America. Sure Sanchez doesn't have his heart set on returning to Cobreloa after us otherwise we're in massive trouble. Plus, Rooney was still playing well when he signed that contract, Fergie was the only one who saw it coming.

Treble

Rooney was different. He didn't want to go anywhere except Everton at the time and even they managed to offload him to America. Sure Sanchez doesn't have his heart set on returning to Cobreloa after us otherwise we're in massive trouble. Plus, Rooney was still playing well when he signed that contract, Fergie was the only one who saw it coming.
And some caftards too.There was a thread about it and heated discussions.

edgar allan

We released Rooney on a free once Everton came in. He didn't want to play for anyone else. Sanchez is a different case. It's not like the only team he'd go to after us is West Brom or something.
We were still paying him to play for Everton

Litch

He's been no where near what I thought we would have but I have some sympathy for him and others as this is not an easy team to play in, especially attacking football. Is there an attacking player that is consistently doing well in this team? I think people would have more of a point if he looked shit in a city team.....

Aren86

He's been no where near what I thought we would have but I have some sympathy for him and others as this is not an easy team to play in, especially attacking football. Is there an attacking player that is consistently doing well in this team? I think people would have more of a point if he looked shit in a city team.....
I use to think this, but when he cant deliver a simple pass and continues to lose the ball due to him overrunning it or not releasing it quick enough it becomes his fault.

Cant imagine the coaching staff, saying please dont pass properly and make sure you hog the ball until you get dispossesed then run around after it trying to make up for your first mistake.

Frustrating because I was so happy when he signed and thought he was THE KEY to make us truly challenge for the title, i believed he was that good, but sadly he seems to have declined dramatically and its costing the team and development of younger players.

Moriarty

Sanchez doesn't seem to fit in here. He hasn't shown yet that he's still good enough to be an automatic first-team choice and I'm not convinced he will. We didn't need him when we signed him but we did and it seems that Jose doesn't have a clear idea where to play him. People are saying we should move Lukaku out wide, where he plays for Belgium, and move Sanchez up top but I'm not convinced that he's the man to play there in Jose's system. It's a conundrum but it needs sorting out, and soon.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Nah, we didn’t get in a fight with City, they had first crack at him, and we signed him because they didn’t I think.

Also, the whole left/right thing isn’t that relevant in this case. We signed Sanchez as he was two levels above any forward we had at the club, a club that struggled offensively as it is. We would have also signed Neymar if we could, and not overlooked him because ‘Rashford plays on the left too’. I think the others would need to either excel in another role, or leave, because they had been upgraded by an world class replacement. The only flaw with this whole operation is that Sanchez has been rubbish, if he wasn’t, nothing else would have mattered IMO.

Anyway, hope he’s started learning Mandarin.

Schneckerl

Most of his running is complete pointless chasing the ball around without any plan. That's something to make himself look like he puts in lot of effort without any effectivness aka the reverse Özil (when he used to be good).

red4ever 79

No chance of offloading this one. On astronomical wages that another club wouldnt touch. Another fine mess we have got ourselves into.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Christ. Thanks for the video as I missed the game. Going by the state of a lot of the posters here I thought he was playing like a blindfolded player with one leg. Going to pop into the general thread while.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If Martial was good enough, we wouldn't have been looking at Sanchez.
He was last season. The right wing was an issue and that was the assumption for the Sanchez signing.

I can't see any club offering more than 30m for him at this point. He is done and the press is slowly starting to eat him alive, which took far longer than expected. Perhaps that will shake him out of it, but every day it seems less and less likely that this is a form or confidence issue and just the fact that he is on his way down and it's a steep hill he's rolling down from.

Bearded One

I think he will come good. He has shown absolute class in a handful of games. He just needs to find that consistency and we will see the real Sanchez we bought from arsenal.

Just give him a little more time.

SATA

It's a bizzare decision that Jose took him off. He's always capable of a magic moment or two even at his worst, and looks the only capable player to be on Pogba's wavelength and create something together. Very poor management from Jose

RonaldoVII

It's a bizzare decision that Jose took him off. He's always capable of a magic moment or two even at his worst, and looks the only capable player to be on Pogba's wavelength and create something together. Very poor management from Jose
It was poor management to start him considering he's been mostly useless for a while. He was awful yesterday.

Treble

I think he will come good. He has shown absolute class in a handful of games. He just needs to find that consistency and we will see the real Sanchez we bought from arsenal.

Just give him a little more time.
In 2 from 20 games, maybe. 'Absolute class"' sounds a bit too strong though and I wonder whether you are being sarcastic there.

Bearded One

In 2 from 20 games, maybe. 'Absolute class"' sounds a bit too strong though and I wonder whether you are being sarcastic there.
Why would I be doing sarcasm? And yes I believe he has been classy in a handful of games since he joined which is certainly not enough. Or do you opine that he needs to score in a game before he gets recognition as having done very well?

edgar allan

Hence the reason I said we'd have to let Sanchez go at a loss. We're not stuck with him, the same way we're not stuck with Rooney, so lets stop pretending we are.
Took 2 to 3 years to get Rooney off the books so as long as we are not in a hurry.

Treble

Why would I be doing sarcasm? And yes I believe he has been classy in a handful of games since he joined which is certainly not enough. Or do you opine that he needs to score in a game before he gets recognition as having done very well?
It's not only about goals, he isn't very creative either. In terms of goals + assists he is on the same level as Mkhi (if we don't count Mkhi's 6 goals in the EL). Both have contributed goal/assist every 220 min.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
His stats are pretty bad, but watching the Wolves video he clearly wasn't the worst player on the pitch. Admittedly, at 30 he should be playing his best football because very soon his star begins to fade. What remains inexplicable is: Why did his form suddenly dip when Man Utd signed him? He was easily Arsenal's best player in his time there and one of the best in the PL. I can understand why some people think it's more to do with Jose's tactics and formation. Ironically, Mikhtaryan actually looks the better player now.

Bearded One

It's not only about goals, he isn't very creative either. In terms of goals + assists he is on the same level as Mkhi (if we don't count Mkhi's 6 goals in the EL). Both have contributed goal/assist every 220 min.
Yes i agree with you that he's been poor here hence my point about him coming good soon hopefully. All I'm saying is hat he has shown glimpses of his old self in a few matches.

DRM

His stats are pretty bad, but watching the Wolves video he clearly wasn't the worst player on the pitch. Admittedly, at 30 he should be playing his best football because very soon his star begins to fade. What remains inexplicable is: Why did his form suddenly dip when Man Utd signed him? He was easily Arsenal's best player in his time there and one of the best in the PL. I can understand why some people think it's more to do with Jose's tactics and formation. Ironically, Mikhtaryan actually looks the better player now.
It's not a sudden dip in form. I was watching him at arsenal last season and to me it was quite clear he was on the decline. He had lost that sharpness, the yard of pace etc. I think most at the time (including me I have to say) put it down to him just not wanting to be there. But now looking at is performances for us, it's quite clear what was happening.

We really screwed up this transfer. Instead of going for Mahrez who was exactly what we needed, we got an average player and we stagnanted martials development.

crossy1686

career ending
Took 2 to 3 years to get Rooney off the books so as long as we are not in a hurry.
Yeah you're right, we all know that the Sanchez and Rooney situations are 100% the same so lets just hope Sanchez really misses the Liverpudlian council estates and wants to return to his boyhood club of Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.